Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 19 January 2017, 17:21
Confirmed User

RC EAST Afghanistan

I was in afgh a bit ago but was in the more northern areas but am looking at beating feet to the nanghahar,nuristan,paktia/paktika areas and doing it the legal route this time. Is there still a significant coalition presence in the area? Reason I ask is doing it the legal route if I do I have to register at police headquarters in every area I go to. And i'm not to keen on that without coalition forces in the region for various reasons. Can shoot me a pm instead of posting as well. If not it might come down to knowing people with enough wasta to not register or risking not registering & risking arrest (doubtful I'll be caught as I blend in decently & money solves a lot of issues). But would still be nice to know if certain areas have a coalition presence if shit hits the fan.
Old 19 January 2017, 17:47
Confirmed User

Since some asked, last time i went from kurdistan to iranian ahwaz down & around to the sistan/baloch area crossed into pakistan than northern waziristan to afgh. Not the most direct route or monetary sufficient route due to bribes. In Iran your lucky at $50-75 a bribe Pakistan around $100-150$ for them to look the other way. Which is funny because a AK-47 is about 200-1000$ in Pakistan depending on country of origin. So it's cheaper to buy a AK than bribe police consistently.

Our new posting rules