Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 14 March 2017, 15:13
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzmedic View Post
I've lost much faith in team scouts over the years, as they almost always seem to get it wrong with 1st rounders. This is a good list of 1st round QB drafts that turned out to be busts. A few are not on there, such as Manziel, but it looks fairly spot on. I disagree with the writer's opinion that Tebow was a bust for Denver. As I recall he took them to the playoffs in spectacular fashion.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nf...ed-since-2000/
Not sure I agree with that list. Ponder and Gabbert to name a couple were never really given a chance in my book. It takes more than a year or 2 to become a top flight NFL QB.
Everybody is so success oriented now(of course the cost of these players is part of that), but I mean c'mon.
Ryan Leaf should be on this list for sure. Andre Ware anyone.
Old 14 March 2017, 15:38
I've got a gun too, mf'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzmedic View Post
The franchise tag is a strange animal to me. I understand it and why it used, but the players are who I have a hard time figuring out. Take Kirk Cousins for example. Understandably he wants a contract. The money he is pursuing is around the $15 million area. Well, he got over $24 mil for being FT'd this year. If he gets FT'd a third time, it goes to over $30 mil.

Am I missing something here? By being FT'd he is making almost double what he is asking for. Maybe once they get a certain amount they don't worry about it, but he has been screaming for a contract for over 2 years now, which gives him less money than he is already receiving.
If Cousins would sign for anything even remotely in the same solar system as $15M, he would have been signed a long, long time ago. That's way low-balling what he is asking for.
- Bootsy Collins
"If you don't like freedom, for heaven's sake, pack your bags and leave"
- Rotterdam Mayor Ahmed Aboutaleb
"I appeal to all our citizens, no matter from what land their forefathers came, to keep this ever in mind, and to shun with scorn and contempt the sinister intriguers and mischief-makers who would seek to divide them along lines of creed, or birthplace or of national origin."
- Teddy Roosevelt
Old 19 March 2017, 17:25
Genetically Deplorable

On the franchise tag being an odd factor of the NFL, if the Patriots put the tag on Garoppolo in 2018 he will be making more than Tom Brady and Gronk! WTF?!

In other news it looks like Marshawn Lynch may come out of "retirement" and sign with the Raiders. Poor guy, he just cannot let it go that Russell Wilson made that SB-losing pass instead of handing him the ball!
Old 20 March 2017, 17:17
Drawing my cutlass

In other news, Tom Brady's jersey was reportedly recovered. It was the FBI that cracked the case.

Link here.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Old 20 March 2017, 17:36
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justaclerk View Post
It was the FBI that cracked the case.
I'm hearing that the FBI is claiming credit, not that they necessarily "cracked" the case.

That seems to happen a lot when it comes to the FBI, that's almost ingrained into the institution going back to the earliest days of Hoover. He was all about publicity and credit.
Old 20 March 2017, 21:01
Genetically Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justaclerk View Post
In other news, Tom Brady's jersey was reportedly recovered.
They're looking at SB 50 now. Von Miller's jersey went missing after the game.

Our new posting rules