Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 20 March 2017, 08:02
Authorized Personnel

If you know how to use a CEOI (NOT an SOI), to incrypt and decrypt messages.
Old 20 March 2017, 09:30
Sound off for equipment check!

If you've actually used a CE-11 with the TA-1...
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre bi ghwm t hē his frēond wrece, onne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn Ecgēowes
Old 20 March 2017, 11:12
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
What's an SOI?

SGT A/1/75 86-89
Ranger Class 13-87

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine
Old 20 March 2017, 11:13
Drawing my cutlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Yep.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Old 20 March 2017, 11:43
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
What's an SOI?
Signal Operating Instructions. I believe it went away in the 90's with the advent of the KYK/CYZ family of gear. I'll stop there.
Old 20 March 2017, 12:05
Confirmed User

As far as motards that took spitshining too far ---- we had guys that would take those jungle boots and use sandpaper to sand all the dye off the toes. Then they would take woodglue and apply a thin coat. Let it dry, take some 1000grit paper and sand it down as smooth as they could get it. Then they would spit shine that until it was a mirror. Finish it up with a swipe of mop-n-glo.

Complete retardedness........but damn did those boots look like a chrome trailer-hitch afterwards.
Old 20 March 2017, 12:21
Been There Done That

double tap

Rules of the Regt
If it makes sense....don't do it
If it tastes good.....spit it out
If you think you're going the right way........turn around
This place sucks.....let's live here
Old 20 March 2017, 15:26
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH0922 View Post
Signal Operating Instructions. I believe it went away in the 90's with the advent of the KYK/CYZ family of gear. I'll stop there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv
Old 20 March 2017, 21:00
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
North Fort? If so, your barracks were still there in 2007. They still had the red #10 cans mounted on the roof supports for cigarette butts. When we were in them, I found myself wondering if they should be preserved as a National Historical Landmark.
I was in South Fort, had the New barracks, North Fort barracks, they were so BAD you could see right thru the walls due to the wide gap in the wood. What use to Piss my company off that the company's from North Fort, always got to ride in the Cattle Cars to the training area, the company I was in we walked. When My company, was in the field for two weeks, we marched back to an area that was suppose to have the Cattle Truck pick us up. After, waiting for some time, Our Commander told us it would a couple of hours before the truck would be there, that would put us back when it was getting dark.

We had a choice, wait, or March back. We marched back an BROKE the Post Record, for the march.
Old 20 March 2017, 23:09
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman43 View Post
I was in South Fort, had the New barracks, North Fort barracks, they were so BAD you could see right thru the walls due to the wide gap in the wood. What use to Piss my company off that the company's from North Fort, always got to ride in the Cattle Cars to the training area, the company I was in we walked. When My company, was in the field for two weeks, we marched back to an area that was suppose to have the Cattle Truck pick us up. After, waiting for some time, Our Commander told us it would a couple of hours before the truck would be there, that would put us back when it was getting dark.

We had a choice, wait, or March back. We marched back an BROKE the Post Record, for the march.
I believe all the Vietnam Era buildings on South Fort are gone. At least I didn't see any when I was there in 2007.
Old 21 March 2017, 17:49
Preparing to defend

I took OSUT at North Fort in 74. After they moved JRTC from Ft. Chaffee to Polk, I got to see North Fort more than I wanted. Used to run from our compound up to that area just to see the old stomping grounds. (All the Group guys will probably remember where the SOF compound was at The South end of North Fort.)

Then, on one rotation, for no apparent reason, my old barracks was gone!

I was in A-1-1, as far North as you could get on North Fort. Took a look on Google Earth at Polk just a minute ago, and barely recognize the place.
Old 21 March 2017, 23:55
Confirmed User

How about this set The complete AN/GRC-9 is a set of components for operation on Continuous Wave (CW), modulated CW (MCW) or AM from 2 to 12 MHz across three bands. According to TM 11-263 (1956), range is 30 miles on CW, 20 miles on MCW and 10 miles on AM (voice). Operation in a vehicle had shorter ranges, about half the above.

The main AN/GRC-9 component is the receiver-transmitter unit, RT-77/GRC-9, operating on two pre-set frequencies determined by crystal.

In addition to the electronic components, the complete system includes canvas bags, whip antenna mast with counterpoise 1/2 wave sloping wire (and erecting kit), straps, a T-17 microphone, J-45 telegraph key for CW operation, HS-30 head- set and LS-7 speaker.

If you never sat on the seat an cranked on one of these It was good for the arms The radio was also Jeep mountred
Attached Images
File Type: jpg angrc9_03.jpg (36.2 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg angrc9_gn58_2.jpg (17.3 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by wildman43; 21 March 2017 at 23:59. Reason: wording

Our new posting rules