Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > International Jobs

Old 10 December 2016, 02:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
PSS were dropped to 350 a day and the ALSSs (Admins) bumped up to 400 a day.
Well PSS are known to "work" 4 hrs a day 2 days a week, whereas ALSS work 10 hr days 6 days a week, so I'd say that's fair. 😏
Old 10 December 2016, 16:02
Confirmed User

?? 12 hour shifts 6-7 days a week?
Old 10 December 2016, 23:34
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVmedic View Post
?? 12 hour shifts 6-7 days a week?
That's the norm for KESF 6/1 12 hours a day, ERT and SRGs
Asked why it was dishonorable to return without a shield and not without a helmet, the Spartan king, Demaratos (510 - 491) is said to have replied: "Because the latter they put on for their own protection, but the shield for the common good of all." (Plutarch, Mor.220
Old 11 December 2016, 10:55
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardog7 View Post
Well PSS are known to "work" 4 hrs a day 2 days a week, whereas ALSS work 10 hr days 6 days a week, so I'd say that's fair. 😏
To be honest, I'm somewhat surprised that some guys I know (PSS) who have been doing this a LONG time didn't see it coming. The name of the game has always been supply/demand, and as the requirements changed for different CLINS, combined with vetting courses becoming training courses, and the increased scrutiny over the administrative functions over the years, it's harder to find a REALLY GOOD ALSS than it is to find a PSS that will simply pass the tests.

Is that the way it should be? Doesn't matter, client dictates everything it wants, like it or not.
Old 13 December 2016, 17:16
Testify to the Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumpleTeaser View Post
So here is an area Im not really 100% clear on. I submitted a Bio with my resume a while ago, before the company won the contract. They (as in the company) were just sort of like "Ya looks good, should be fine." They contacted me again after it was announced they won a share of the contract and were already talking about be ready for train up as soon as there was a task order etc., but I have asked and asked "what if the SD dosen't approve me?" and they don't really seem to worried about it, they just keep telling me Ill be fine. Would you expect that the company would already have their candidates bio approved, or would they wait for that step until they actually get a task order.
Many of these companies have personnel who have tons of experience reviewing BIOs. As I mentioned before, State tracks BIO denials so companies don't send them BIOs until they're very nearly certain that they'll get approved.

I would be very specific and ask, make sure, its a DoS WPS contract that you are applying for. Some companies use a very similar BIO sheet as a general application form for all of their projects.
Old 15 December 2016, 14:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularGuy101 View Post
Many of these companies have personnel who have tons of experience reviewing BIOs. As I mentioned before, State tracks BIO denials so companies don't send them BIOs until they're very nearly certain that they'll get approved.

I would be very specific and ask, make sure, its a DoS WPS contract that you are applying for. Some companies use a very similar BIO sheet as a general application form for all of their projects.
Thanks for the info man.

Its definitely WPS.
Old 24 December 2016, 02:32

Let me know if this is the wrong place for this, but

for the medical screening, if you're applying for PSS work, will hearing aids be an automatic no go? I got hearing aids a couple of years before getting out of the Army and most of my hearing loss is in the higher freqs but I won't pass a hearing test without them although I hear most lower freqs fine.
Old 26 December 2016, 22:27
NKDA

Toole,

When I was involved with WPPS/WPS, the answer would be that it is highly dependent/variable on the company and physician.

At the time, some companies had you get your own physical from a doctor of your choosing and then others had their own docs in house or contracted to a medical group.

Depending on all of the above plus your position plus their need for people, things tended to be "negotiable".

Not sure if that still stands.

Key would be to ask yourself if you can perform the job and not pose a danger to yourself, your team, and/or the protectee.
Old 27 December 2016, 14:54

Thanks for the info. My hearing loss is primarily in the higher frequently and I generally do fine but with the sever loss in the higher freqs I won't "pass" hearing tests without them. Lower freqs are good enough though. We shall see I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Pos View Post
Toole,

When I was involved with WPPS/WPS, the answer would be that it is highly dependent/variable on the company and physician.

At the time, some companies had you get your own physical from a doctor of your choosing and then others had their own docs in house or contracted to a medical group.

Depending on all of the above plus your position plus their need for people, things tended to be "negotiable".

Not sure if that still stands.

Key would be to ask yourself if you can perform the job and not pose a danger to yourself, your team, and/or the protectee.
Old 27 December 2016, 14:57
NKDA

I guess what I was really getting at is that sometimes actual hearing tests weren't even a part of the physical profile packet.
Old 27 March 2017, 19:37

I already searched thread but couldn't find the answer.

Does TC pay biweekly or semi-monthly?

Approved to go to WPS II PSS course April 4, just wondering.
Old 27 March 2017, 20:27
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiansensation View Post
I already searched thread but couldn't find the answer.

Does TC pay biweekly or semi-monthly?

Approved to go to WPS II PSS course April 4, just wondering.
Bi weekly

Our new posting rules