Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > International Jobs

Old 14 February 2013, 14:41

Just got done with the PSS3, ERT Course the update to WPS in Dec 2012 Good course but it seems the course is getting longer every time State dept adds more to it I was picked up by SOC Completed the course through O'Gara great course they don't have an ego problem like some of the other courses I have been to once you complete the course you will not deploy right away you will have to wait for a slot to open and also wait for your clearance to be completed, Heads up if you have a foreign born spouse you will also have to complete an SF85 for here
Old 14 February 2013, 14:42

Course is now 6 weeks long.
Old 14 February 2013, 15:00
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Completed the course through O'Gara great course they don't have an ego problem
I used to run O'Gara's DDM program, they have some decent guys. It's a shame their Training and Services Division is run by a couple of total douchnozzles. The on the ground guys are mostly GTG though.
Old 14 February 2013, 17:41
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
The on the ground guys are mostly GTG though.
Not as GTG as they use to be.
Old 14 February 2013, 18:48
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchung890 View Post
Just got done with the PSS3, ERT Course the update to WPS in Dec 2012 Good course but it seems the course is getting longer every time State dept adds more to it I was picked up by SOC Completed the course through O'Gara great course they don't have an ego problem like some of the other courses I have been to once you complete the course you will not deploy right away you will have to wait for a slot to open and also wait for your clearance to be completed, Heads up if you have a foreign born spouse you will also have to complete an SF85 for here
Quote:
Course is now 6 weeks long.
They should make it 10 weeks, with the additional 4 weeks being Grammar, Punctuation, etc.

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 15 February 2013, 00:09
On the Extract Bird

Well played, Sir. Well played.
Old 15 February 2013, 00:52

Yeh I always had a beef with the Hawkeye fan
Old 17 February 2013, 12:57

Just got done with PSS3 and ERT course in DEC 2012, its now called PSS3, the course is now 6 weeks paid went through for SOC great course great instructors Robo is the head instructor, there is no ego there they concentrate on teaching not just trying to drop candidates like some of the other courses that I have attended. hope this helps hit me up if you need any other info on the course.
Old 17 February 2013, 17:12
Administrator

Seriously, you're starting to piss me off. I can't quite put my finger on it but 2 posts in one thread where you mention "no ego" is a tell.

Additionally, quit acting like we're supposed to know who "Robo" is or even care.
Old 17 February 2013, 20:04
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchung890 View Post
Just got done with PSS3 and ERT course in DEC 2012, its now called PSS3, the course is now 6 weeks paid went through for SOC great course great instructors Robo is the head instructor, there is no ego there they concentrate on teaching not just trying to drop candidates like some of the other courses that I have attended. hope this helps hit me up if you need any other info on the course.
I've done a fair bit of instructing and to me, that translates to "My weapons manipulation and marksmanship were piss poor, I could barely walk a diamond and I flagged 3 of my teammates during CQB/RET, but despite it all, none of the instructors were mean to me."

Edit: Sorry SB, I didn't see your post before I typed my reply. No double-tap or dogpile intended.

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 19 February 2013, 22:07

If that's the kchung I know well not many good things to say one of those been there, done that, got the t-shirt, and designed the logo. And I'm sure he has a shirt for every company out there! Wasn't the best shooter either leave it at that
Old 20 February 2013, 11:22
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by XpinMex View Post
If that's the kchung I know well not many good things to say one of those been there, done that, got the t-shirt, and designed the logo. And I'm sure he has a shirt for every company out there! Wasn't the best shooter either leave it at that
What is the purpose of making a post like this? His posting does lead to questioning his agenda, but does it warrant coming out of left field and posting a personal attack like this?

Not cool.
Old 20 February 2013, 15:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
What is the purpose of making a post like this? His posting does lead to questioning his agenda, but does it warrant coming out of left field and posting a personal attack like this?

Not cool.
Your right that was a lil too much I should have trimmed it down just a bit. But just saying it how I and half the operators saw it. Once again apologies to the board and to the admin.
Old 20 February 2013, 17:32
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by XpinMex View Post
But just saying it how I and half the operators saw it.
Hey man, that term is reserved for the few people who have graduated a certain military course. Unless I didn't read your profile right you did not graduate from that particular course.
Old 20 February 2013, 17:33
Been There Done That

All of you operators need to knock it off, cool your jets and keep this thread on point.
Old 22 October 2013, 07:50
On the Extract Bird

I'm not seeing the attached PDF file on Labor Categories ...can someone point me in the right direction..
Old 27 March 2014, 20:33
Confirmed User

Left the WPS program (on good terms) in 2012 and looking to come back after spending some time on the OGA side. Yes I know why would I do that but it is for personal reasons. Does anyone have any recomendation on which TO's are currently better than the others. Thank you in advance gentlemen.
Old 27 March 2014, 21:29
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by theconnect View Post
Left the WPS program (on good terms) in 2012 and looking to come back after spending some time on the OGA side. Yes I know why would I do that but it is for personal reasons. Does anyone have any recomendation on which TO's are currently better than the others. Thank you in advance gentlemen.
Was there a lot of ego there or what?
22 Aug 17
Old 27 March 2014, 22:15
Confirmed User

Quote:
You will more than likely have to go through another full WPS course again in order to work.

Winston Churchill
Old 27 March 2014, 22:26
???

Quote:
What company did you work with prior to working with OGA? Last I checked, Academi has a slice of the WPS program. Can't remember who else does off the top of my head.

Our new posting rules