Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > International Jobs

Old 27 March 2014, 22:29
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
They should make it 10 weeks, with the additional 4 weeks being Grammar, Punctuation, etc.
If the poster is who I think he is then he's been DX'd from more gigs than anyone else. Which would make sense given the continual references to "no ego" and surviving courses that have a higher success rate than AF basic training.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 28 March 2014, 07:01
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedLoad View Post
If the poster is who I think he is then he's been DX'd from more gigs than anyone else. Which would make sense given the continual references to "no ego" and surviving courses that have a higher success rate than AF basic training.
Yeah, it seems like to the OP "ego" is just a truncated anagram of "no go". Its unreal how many fucking losers are wandering around trying to do this kind of job, rather than realizing they are not cut out for it.
If 10,000 snakes were coming down that aisle now, and I had a door that I could shut, and in that 10,000, 1,000 meant right, 1,000 rattlesnakes didn't want to bite me, I knew they were good... Should I let all these rattlesnakes come down, or should I just close the door and stay safe?
- Muhammad Ali #MakeAmericaGreatAgain
Old 28 March 2014, 15:51
Confirmed User

I was with Global WPS and currently in talks with SOC which to my understanding they both Recognize the same cert from O'Gara. While it would not be an issue to pass I would prefer not to go hangout in hotels and the training game for another month and a half.
Old 28 March 2014, 15:57
Confirmed User

Concerning the "Ego" Mako, That is everywhere and anywhere from law enforcement and military to parents at sports games and making donuts. I am not pointing fingers at anyone to include myself. I have made my fair share of mistakes in life as have others I think they are a great experience when you are able to own up to them and learn from them. Personal reasons are exactly that. I have a easy 60k a year plus benefits desk job that is geared towards my degree but I want to go back and do some work over the pond before the milk runs dry. Blame it on me being foolish and or young that I want to trade a promised paycheck in a garbage economy for something that's not always promised but I just do.
Old 28 March 2014, 16:17
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by theconnect View Post
Blame it on me being foolish and or young that I want to trade a promised paycheck in a garbage economy for something that's not always promised but I just do.
You missed the point M06 and I are making in reference to "ego".

And yes, it's a silly decision on your part to leave your current employer for a contracting position.

Old 28 March 2014, 16:27
Confirmed User

I appreciate the honesty.
Old 28 March 2014, 20:46
Confirmed User

It doesn't matter abou the cert. Curret DOS guidelines are if you are gone from a WPS contract less than 6 months you have to just pass the PT and shooting tests, more than 6 months and less than a year you need to go through an approx. 10 day transition course and more than a year you have to do the whole course again.

Winston Churchill
Old 28 March 2014, 21:07
Been There Done That

Quote:
Concerning the "Ego" Mako, That is everywhere and anywhere from law enforcement and military to parents at sports games and making donuts. I am not pointing fingers at anyone to include myself. I have made my fair share of mistakes in life as have others I think they are a great experience when you are able to own up to them and learn from them. Personal reasons are exactly that. I have a easy 60k a year plus benefits desk job that is geared towards my degree but I want to go back and do some work over the pond before the milk runs dry. Blame it on me being foolish and or young that I want to trade a promised paycheck in a garbage economy for something that's not always promised but I just do.
You dummy. I was poking fun at the guy who poster earlier than you who was obsessed with "ego".

If you have a fun 60K a year job you should probably hang onto it.
If 10,000 snakes were coming down that aisle now, and I had a door that I could shut, and in that 10,000, 1,000 meant right, 1,000 rattlesnakes didn't want to bite me, I knew they were good... Should I let all these rattlesnakes come down, or should I just close the door and stay safe?
- Muhammad Ali #MakeAmericaGreatAgain
Old 29 March 2014, 00:27
Confirmed User

Sitting at the desk encourages sloth-like habits but the more I think about it the more I am considering calling off the the "go overseas again" campaign.
Old 29 March 2014, 01:10
Confirmed User

Quote:
You missed the point M06 and I are making in reference to "ego".

And yes, it's a silly decision on your part to leave your current employer for a contracting position.
What he really needs to do is go to Nursing school!!!

Winston Churchill
Old 29 March 2014, 08:35
???

Quote:
Sitting at the desk encourages sloth-like habits but the more I think about it the more I am considering calling off the the "go overseas again" campaign.
As I type, I am looking for the exit myself. It has been a neat ride, but it sure is hell on my wife and four kids (and me as well). And depending on where you live, $60k ain't nothing to sneeze at.

Good luck whatever you do.
Old 29 March 2014, 10:30
Confirmed User

Thank Gents and Chemical its the Metro Detroit area where actually the cost of living is not like New York or LA but it is certainly not cheap. Its a decent job its salary its a small international logistics company and there is an end of the year bonus. Okay Okay Okay I am making the argument against myself. Call off the extraction.
Old 29 March 2014, 11:46
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
What he really needs to do is go to Nursing school!!!
Yeah. It'd be better than hoping to survive the next round of WPS cuts that you guys constantly deal with.

Old 30 March 2014, 01:16
Confirmed User

Quote:
Yeah. It'd be better than hoping to survive the next round of WPS cuts that you guys constantly deal with.
Well as of right now life is good and WPS is doing the opposite here in Kabul. Although this place could easily get untenable this time next year but am hoping to be done with WPS by then but it is still better than being a Nurse! Still trying to figure out what I am going to be when I grow up.

Winston Churchill
Old 30 March 2014, 01:22
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
Well as of right now life is good and WPS is doing the opposite here in Kabul. Although this place could easily get untenable this time next year but am hoping to be done with WPS by then but it is still better than being a Nurse! Still trying to figure out what I am going to be when I grow up.
Career patroller in the winter, bike guide in the summer. Waiting in between seasons?

You're ugly as sin but you could probably get some tips from wasted people.

Old 18 May 2014, 18:53

Travel

Gents, I have heard through a buddy that travel can often take some time coming home after your deployed time. He told me that some guys often spent several days waiting to fly home for one reason or another. Is this true, or does it depend on the company you work for?
Old 19 May 2014, 17:33
NKDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildboar37 View Post
does it depend on the company you work for?
Yes
Old 21 May 2014, 22:43

Thanks O Pos.
Old 27 February 2015, 21:20
On the Extract Bird

I'm trying to find some info on the run time, is 11:21 the 100% marker or the 70% marker?
Old 27 February 2015, 22:04
Been There Done That

https://www.fletc.gov/peb-scores-age-and-gender

Our new posting rules