Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > International Jobs

Old 22 August 2015, 20:11
SOCTacticaRecruiter
Visitor

If you have jobs to post, read the sticky at the top of this page and follow the rules.

Last edited by The Fat Guy; 23 August 2015 at 06:10.
Old 22 August 2015, 23:50
Confirmed User

What kind of new positions?

Winston Churchill
Old 23 August 2015, 01:21
Testify to the Truth

I didn't see any "new" positions in WPS II, but there are changes to the qualifications. I think what SOCTacticalRecruiter meant was be on the look out for new job postings.
Old 24 August 2015, 20:12
SOCTacticaRecruiter
Visitor

Yes I meant to say we are going to start posting the new positions once we get the new Task orders. Should be in around 8-12 months. We are taking folks for our current positions as well. If anybody is interested start sending me PMs. NEW PEB will also be introduced as well as new standards for current positions.
Old 24 August 2015, 20:33
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCTacticaRecruiter View Post
Yes I meant to say we are going to start posting the new positions once we get the new Task orders. Should be in around 8-12 months. We are taking folks for our current positions as well. If anybody is interested start sending me PMs. NEW PEB will also be introduced as well as new standards for current positions.
This is not the right thread to solicit resumes/bios. See your above post for guidance. If you have new info about the WPS program, then this would be the place to share that however anticipated TOs and resume requests for current TOs go elsewhere with approval.
Old 24 August 2015, 21:16
Confirmed User

Can you say where the new task orders are going to be?

Winston Churchill
Old 25 August 2015, 08:05
SOCTacticaRecruiter
Visitor

Rumor has it there is going to be 17 new countries. Again this is just a rumor. This might be split up by the current Vendors and new vendors that are coming into play. To answer your question I do not know which countries yet.
Old 25 August 2015, 13:09
Been There Done That

Wow, it's like this guy just discovered SOCNET and totally jizzed all over himself.
If 10,000 snakes were coming down that aisle now, and I had a door that I could shut, and in that 10,000, 1,000 meant right, 1,000 rattlesnakes didn't want to bite me, I knew they were good... Should I let all these rattlesnakes come down, or should I just close the door and stay safe?
- Muhammad Ali #MakeAmericaGreatAgain
Old 25 August 2015, 13:42
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCTacticaRecruiter View Post
Rumor has it there is going to be 17 new countries. Again this is just a rumor. This might be split up by the current Vendors and new vendors that are coming into play. To answer your question I do not know which countries yet.
Since you're apparently a recruiter for SOC it might behoove you not to post a bunch of amateur hour stuff like the above.

There are a few higher ups from DOS and the vendors who monitor this section pretty closely.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 25 August 2015, 14:37
Über Equus Asinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedLoad View Post
Since you're apparently a recruiter for SOC it might behoove you not to post a bunch of amateur hour stuff like the above.

There are a few higher ups from DOS and the vendors who monitor this section pretty closely.

+1

Not to mention a couple of senior leaders at SOC that I am aware of.. as well as senior leaders with companies that partner with SOC on occasion on a variety of contracts and proposals..
Old 25 August 2015, 20:57
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwest View Post
+1

Not to mention a couple of senior leaders at SOC that I am aware of.. as well as senior leaders with companies that partner with SOC on occasion on a variety of contracts and proposals..
Word.
If 10,000 snakes were coming down that aisle now, and I had a door that I could shut, and in that 10,000, 1,000 meant right, 1,000 rattlesnakes didn't want to bite me, I knew they were good... Should I let all these rattlesnakes come down, or should I just close the door and stay safe?
- Muhammad Ali #MakeAmericaGreatAgain
Old 26 August 2015, 01:16
Testify to the Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwest View Post
+1

And the management of competing companies that would like to know what direction SOC may be going in. As a former recruiter myself I would recommend sticking to the current openings, staying on the script and using PM regularly. I've had success finding good applicants on SOCNET, but pay tribute to the mods.

"We have existed this way for thousands of years."
Old 17 December 2015, 16:39

I ship to the schoolhouse for WPS at the 1st of the year. I have searched the site for information on weapon qualification standards and I have been unsuccessful finding the information. Can anyone please let me know where this info is found. I am not new to the weapons just would like to take a look at the standards.
Thanks-
Old 17 December 2015, 16:42
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunt38 View Post
I ship to the schoolhouse for WPS at the 1st of the year. I have searched the site for information on weapon qualification standards and I have been unsuccessful finding the information. Can anyone please let me know where this info is found. I am not new to the weapons just would like to take a look at the standards.
Thanks-
Look up DoS DSS weapon quals.
Old 22 January 2016, 22:37

In regards to the schoolhouse, whats the deal with equipment? Will you be bringing your own or is it company SOP on what you can use? (I.E plate carriers, kevlars, etc)
Old 22 January 2016, 22:44
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm410 View Post
In regards to the schoolhouse, whats the deal with equipment? Will you be bringing your own or is it company SOP on what you can use? (I.E plate carriers, kevlars, etc)
You will be issued what you need that is not on the packing list sent by your recruiter. You will not wear your own gear.
Old 23 January 2016, 00:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275RLTW View Post
You will be issued what you need that is not on the packing list sent by your recruiter. You will not wear your own gear.
Good to hear, can save some money on that end.

Do you have any familiarity on the ERT side of things? I know what the listed job responsibilities are, but I've read some stuff on here that it's more static than what most companies say. What's the daily routines? Do you get to train a lot while you're there? Will you end up with mosty tower/ecp duty? If this violates opsec let me know and I'll delete. Thanks.
Old 23 January 2016, 01:46
Been There Done That

Quote:
Good to hear, can save some money on that end.

Do you have any familiarity on the ERT side of things? I know what the listed job responsibilities are, but I've read some stuff on here that it's more static than what most companies say. What's the daily routines? Do you get to train a lot while you're there? Will you end up with mosty tower/ecp duty? If this violates opsec let me know and I'll delete. Thanks.
Varies according to the company, location, and needs of the client. No definite answer. Be gumby...
Old 23 January 2016, 22:08

Hey 275RLTW, any familiarity with Aegis on the KESF contract?
Old 23 January 2016, 22:14
Been There Done That

Quote:
Hey 275RLTW, any familiarity with Aegis on the KESF contract?
Search the threads here for info on specific task orders.

Our new posting rules