Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > International Jobs

Old 24 January 2016, 21:25

So I'm waiting on my security clearance to be done. My BIO was sent up, don't know if it was approved or not by State, I only know it was cleared through Aegis. What are the next steps usually once the security clearance is complete? I'm just trying to get a rough time frame so I can give my supervisor an idea of what my future may be looking like. Thanks guys, especially 275RLTW.
Old 24 January 2016, 22:03
Been There Done That

If you've read the threads then you know that no time frame will ever be given. Stand by and wait. Do what your recruiter says and exactly as he says. I know it's not the answer you want to hear, but it is THE answer. While you're waiting, I suggest doing PT daily and get some range time if you can.
Old 25 January 2016, 00:15

I get all the range time I want from work on my glock and m4.. Any others I should pick up? I've been a SAW and 240 gunner before so I'm good with them. Don't know what other weapons I'd be exposed to or need experience with.
Old 25 January 2016, 08:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275RLTW View Post
If you've read the threads then you know that no time frame will ever be given. Stand by and wait. Do what your recruiter says and exactly as he says. I know it's not the answer you want to hear, but it is THE answer. While you're waiting, I suggest doing PT daily and get some range time if you can.
This^
I went through WPS in July 04 and didn't deploy until October of that year. Start working out like a madman because that's your life when you deploy. Sleep, eat, lift and work.
Old 25 January 2016, 10:00
#AllLionsMatter

Lightbulb Add in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarcats View Post
This^
I went through WPS in July 04 and didn't deploy until October of that year. Start working out like a madman because that's your life when you deploy. Sleep, eat, lift and work.
Further your education.

There is a limit to compassion.
Old 25 January 2016, 10:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Further your education.
Got some of my bachelors in Afghanistan. Maybe I'll finish up my masters there now. Lol
Old 25 January 2016, 12:51
NKDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm410 View Post
Don't know what other weapons I'd be exposed to or need experience with.
You obviously haven't read Post #1 on Page #1 of this thread.

Everything that you have been asking has been posted and discussed throughout SOCNET multiple times.
Old 25 January 2016, 13:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Further your education.
Yes that too but I have been to a few sites where the internet was so bad it was pointless.
Old 25 January 2016, 13:35
NKDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm410 View Post
any familiarity with Aegis on the KESF contract?
The OIG report on KESF is attached if you're interested in reading. It's a year old but has some pretty detailed info.

https://oig.state.gov/system/files/aud-mero-15-03.pdf
Old 25 January 2016, 15:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Pos View Post
You obviously haven't read Post #1 on Page #1 of this thread.

Everything that you have been asking has been posted and discussed throughout SOCNET multiple times.
Well that was dumb of me to read over that completely. Thanks for rerouting me to where I need to be.
Old 2 March 2016, 22:12

Anyone know when the new WPPS II standards are about to start and whether support and office personal are suppose to do a PEB aswell?
Old 3 March 2016, 11:12
NKDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroppy View Post
Anyone know when the new WPPS II standards are about to start and whether support and office personal are suppose to do a PEB aswell?
The WPS II parent contract was awarded on 12 Feb 22016 but specific Task Orders and effective dates have yet to be formally announced.

Companies winning awards: Aegis Defense Services, LLC;. Chenega Patriot Group, LLC; GardaWorld Government Services, Inc.;Sallyport Global Holdings, Inc.; SOC LLC; Sterling Operations, Inc.; Triple Canopy, Inc.

Contract info: https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...=core&_cview=1

Last edited by O_Pos; 3 March 2016 at 11:35.
Old 3 March 2016, 11:27
NKDA

As far as the PEB:

C.10.2.2.7 Pre-employment Physical Fitness Screening

The Contractor shall ensure that all Contractor personnel required to maintain physical fitness standards in accordance with Attachment 1, “Personnel and Canine Qualifications and Responsibilities” take and successfully pass the WPS physical readiness test contained in Appendix N, “Physical Readiness Test Protocols and Standards” no more than ninety (90) calendar days prior to commencing work under the TO. The minimum passing standard for each position/labor category is identified in Attachment 1, “Personnel and Canine Qualifications and Responsibilities. “

I am unable to attach "Attachment 1" to this post but if you go to the link I included in my post above, click on "WPS 2 Revised Attachment 1" along the right side of your screen (dated 06 Jul 2015)".

Last edited by O_Pos; 3 March 2016 at 11:35.
Old 3 March 2016, 13:15

Is there an average time frame from when the parent contract is awarded to when task orders are awarded, announced? Or are there too many variables? It's my understanding that non-winning bidders usually contest and this draws things out.
Old 3 March 2016, 13:19
NKDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoutsOut View Post
Is there an average time frame from when the parent contract is awarded to when task orders are awarded
Too many variables.
Old 4 March 2016, 14:51
Confirmed User

Good info. Thanks O_Pos
Old 22 March 2016, 00:10

One thing i have noticed while i have been trying to get a contracting gig, is that it is very much like it was when i was in the marines "stand by to stand by" I have just revived a contingency offer is there anyway to know some type of time frame from this offer till training?
Old 22 March 2016, 08:07
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cueball View Post
One thing i have noticed while i have been trying to get a contracting gig, is that it is very much like it was when i was in the marines "stand by to stand by" I have just revived a contingency offer is there anyway to know some type of time frame from this offer till training?
Yes. Its called contacting your recruiter and asking him.

It is based upon scheduling the course, getting enough people vetted in time, getting your bio approved by DoS, your clearance status, etc... Your recruiter is the only one who can answer your question as he knows most of the above info (or should know). While SOCNET has lots of information available, those are not things we would know nor answer about. Even though some of the recruiters are on this forum, they will not answer that publically anyways so again, contact your recruiter directly. This has been stated many times in this thread.
Old 28 July 2016, 12:51

I did some digging and found the documents, but they seem pretty convoluted for a plebeian like myself. Specifically I am wondering how this would affect a PSS trainee (already graduated) who was trained in between WPPS and WPS 2 but has not yet deployed.

Would such a person have to be retrained? If so, would this require a submission of a new bio? Are there any stipulations in WPS 2 which would cause any administrative delays in the clearance process with DoS?
Old 28 July 2016, 16:57
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost2-2 View Post
I did some digging and found the documents, but they seem pretty convoluted for a plebeian like myself. Specifically I am wondering how this would affect a PSS trainee (already graduated) who was trained in between WPPS and WPS 2 but has not yet deployed.

Would such a person have to be retrained? If so, would this require a submission of a new bio? Are there any stipulations in WPS 2 which would cause any administrative delays in the clearance process with DoS?
If you have not worked on a WPS task order in 3 years or more then you will have to complete the entire WPS course again. If it has been less than three years but more than a year, then you complete a transition course. If less than a year, then you simply requalify PT & on weapons.

ALL bios will have to be redone for WPS 2. EVERYONE. Most companies have been submitting them already for WPS 2. Timeframe is unknown for completion of bios. I had some of mine come back in a few days, others still pending (previously approved WPS bios). There are more courses coming out for WPS 2 that all PSS, G, and S personnel will need to complete as well that have been added into the program.

If you have not deployed, then you should get in touch with your recruiter and see what needs to be done to submit your new bio (if needed at this time) and what else is needed to get to work. Of course, if you are waiting on your clearance then they will not send your bio up until that is complete and approved.

It's a process. It changes and is currently changing. Keep in touch with your recruiter and do what needs to be done.

Our new posting rules