Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Fitness

Old 31 January 2017, 03:41
Conquer Life.

I'm in Trondheim. Usually we have pretty sold winter. That last couple years have been off and on. We spend most long weekends in the Romsdal Alps, near Åndalsnes. Pretty amazing there.

Never made it up north to Tromsø yet but I hear it's absolutely incredible. Did Lofoten during summer but would love to see that area in winter also.

“Now from a distance I look back on what the Corps taught me: To think like men of action, and to act like men of thought! To live life with intensity, and a passion for excellence.” - Jim Mattis
Old 31 January 2017, 09:57
Confirmed User

I highly recommend it! They crammed a lot of city on that little island (including the airport ).

I was there in May/June...did a ton of hiking, mainly around the Lyngen Alps. Went out to Sommarøy which felt like I was at the end of the world. Next trip over my plan is to start at Nordkapp and road trip all the way down to Lyngdal. Probably stop at Folgefonna or Stryn for some summer boarding.

There's still a chance I might end up settling out in Bergen in a couple years for a while.
Old 14 March 2017, 19:32
Spice Weasel

All right, so I was skiing today and on the ride up one lift there was a tree bedecked with bras, panties, and leis--obviously thrown from the lift. Is this a new "thing" that I've missed out on in the 20-year break I took?
Old 14 March 2017, 20:13
Another pool cleaner

No. That trash happens on the East coast as well. Panties...how the hell?
Old 14 March 2017, 20:22
Vivat Fraternitatis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azatty View Post
Is this a new "thing" that I've missed out on in the 20-year break I took?
No, no. That's the feeling of despair that 20 years ago you would've been on the hunt for the chicks that tossed them there instead of posting about it on the internet.
Old 14 March 2017, 21:06
Militant Hippy

I hit up Kingfisher Heli-skiing this wknd. It was epic. A small group of friends who are all hard chargers. I'm thinking of going back again this wknd. I'm keeping an eye on the weather.
Old 16 March 2017, 12:57
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronix View Post
I hit up Kingfisher Heli-skiing this wknd. It was epic. A small group of friends who are all hard chargers. I'm thinking of going back again this wknd. I'm keeping an eye on the weather.
A friend of mine, Mat, owns it. The terrain is all-time out there. Glad you had fun.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 16 March 2017, 12:57
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azatty View Post
All right, so I was skiing today and on the ride up one lift there was a tree bedecked with bras, panties, and leis--obviously thrown from the lift. Is this a new "thing" that I've missed out on in the 20-year break I took?
Bra-trees have been around forever.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 16 March 2017, 13:50
Been There Done That

Thumbs up

My nephew (14 yrs old), who is a bone cancer survivor (he finished his Chemo in late December, and is in remission for now), just came back from a week long ski trip in Aspen! Special ski camp for teenagers with cancer. He had a great time! Each kid got a private instructor as well for one whole day. Towards the end of the week, he was hitting the more advanced slopes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our new posting rules