Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 8 March 2017, 23:23
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
Throw a dip in, shoot guns, and talk about strippers for six hours all while being outside with good dudes....doesn't get much better than that.....
Word... it's always a good day when you can get out and hunt with the boys and then head back to camp eat and have a few cold ones or bourbon or scotch and shoot the shit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv
Old 9 March 2017, 15:12
****, Got the T-shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

Might be in need of some mustache wax. I don't know if that would suit you...

S

Lost the 'stache in 2015 after throat cancer & radiation therapy.
Old 18 March 2017, 22:53
Livin' On Blues Power

Rancher said "kill the gophers!! but no poison". So that left one option, blow them in place.

I was gonna build a DIY blaster rig but Varmintgetter has that already sorted out so I plunked down my $1299 for their original model for small rodents like gophers and ground squirrels. They make a bigger rig for ghogs and prairie dogs. $330 for a 150 cu ft oxy tank, $55 for a propane tank, $109 for the cart and Im in bidness.

They mix the propane at 4%. How much you squirt in the hole depends says the op manual. Depends on what critter and soil. Hard packed clay really puts the whammy on the critter. Loose loamy or wet soil absorbs a lot of the blast. I give it about 20 secs on a good hole. The hard work is digging out the main tunnel and slipping the hose far enough in so you dont get an above ground detonation. Neighbors dont like that I found.

Ive done about 50 blasts and still standing. My safety officer is an ex Navy pilot and all he says is "give it more gas."

One the dead one I found, I cant speak intelligently yet on blast damage to gophers but I think this one got blown out of a tunnel and something chewed on his ass end. Probably a ground squirrel, them SOBs chew on their own kind when I shoot them with the pellet rifle.

There's something primal about going Bill Murray and blowing shit up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg varmintgetter_cart.jpg (56.6 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg gopher_dead_chewed.jpg (48.8 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg gopher_holes.jpg (97.6 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg gopher_bunker_complex.jpg (90.1 KB, 103 views)
Old 18 March 2017, 23:57
Confirmed User

http://fox8.com/2017/03/18/boy-spray...prinkler-head/

I'm all about some predator management but if this was my kid there would be hell to pay.
Old 22 March 2017, 18:14
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectr17 View Post
Your post

I've been trying to talk dad into adding one to the business since we saw the Rodenator at the farm show a few years ago.

No videos?

Col. Robert W. Black
Old 24 March 2017, 01:56
Livin' On Blues Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonglh View Post
I've been trying to talk dad into adding one to the business since we saw the Rodenator at the farm show a few years ago.

No videos?
Rodenator is now Varmintgetter, the inventer of it bought out Rodenator and renamed it VG. He added the 25 ft. detonator cord too. The old system had you standing right over the hole when you ignited the gas. Lots of dirt showers and ringing in the ears even with muffs on.

Let me see if i can get some video, most shots are not that dramatic since the idea is to keep the blast under the ground. I've had a few that did send sod and gophers flying which the dog enjoys. Shellshocked gopher lands on his head only to see a big husky bearing down on him for lunch.
Old 24 March 2017, 06:43
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectr17 View Post
Rodenator is now Varmintgetter, the inventer of it bought out Rodenator and renamed it VG. He added the 25 ft. detonator cord too. The old system had you standing right over the hole when you ignited the gas. Lots of dirt showers and ringing in the ears even with muffs on.

Let me see if i can get some video, most shots are not that dramatic since the idea is to keep the blast under the ground. I've had a few that did send sod and gophers flying which the dog enjoys. Shellshocked gopher lands on his head only to see a big husky bearing down on him for lunch.
"PULL!!!"
Old 24 March 2017, 08:12
Authorized Personnel

I set a few beaver traps yesterday. Still a bunch of ice out there. I am going to be stupid and go set more in the freezing rain/sleet/rain mix we have going on right now.

Beaver gear, bobcat contemplating getting it's feet wet and a mink playing in the snow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Beaver Gear.jpg (55.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Bobcat Water Crossing.jpg (17.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Mink Slide.jpg (15.6 KB, 37 views)

Our new posting rules