Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 25 August 2012, 13:51
Cry havoc

Shootings in Chicago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19376491

19 shot in one night! Good Lord.

Why isn't anyone talking about this? Unless you count foreign news source. I would have never heard of it.

Anyway.... Don't forget to do your patriotic duty and either die in place or flee and get shot by the police.

Two eyes from the east.
Old 25 August 2012, 13:57
Been There Done That

No one in the U.S. is talking about it because of political reasons.

No reason to remind America how dangerous and corrupt the Presidents home town is.

No reason to discuss the violence because it will either fuel calls for gun control (which will hurt the Dems) or it makes the futility of gun control in America obvious.
Old 25 August 2012, 14:07
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSoldier View Post
No one in the U.S. is talking about it because of political reasons.

No reason to remind America how dangerous and corrupt the Presidents home town is.

No reason to discuss the violence because it will either fuel calls for gun control (which will hurt the Dems) or it makes the futility of gun control in America obvious.
Yes.
"You see, violence merely creates more violence. It's a cycle that never ends... You insult me, I shoot you, you drop dead, someone else insults me... And it just keeps repeating over and over again. And for what?"
Old 25 August 2012, 14:11
Confirmed User

Only 19, must have been a slow night in the windbag city
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to polish a turd.
Old 25 August 2012, 14:25
Authorized Personnel

Is that it? They could probably shoot ten or twenty thousand and it would only be a good start.

Last edited by KidA; 25 August 2012 at 14:42.
Old 25 August 2012, 14:34
Been There Done That

Looks like 42 a month is the norm in the Windy City. There going for the record this year.
Old 25 August 2012, 14:48
True Origin Not Known

That's what happens

when you give up a community organizer for federal service. I hope he will be back after November, and all this crap will get sorted out. God bless America.

Are you fucking serious? That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard all week...and I'm at a senior staff planning conference, so, the bar has been set pretty high. You should be proud. - Gavin
Old 25 August 2012, 14:50
On the Extract Bird

Yes, it looks bad, especially for the 19; however, that leaves 2,842,499 living in Chicago that weren't shot that night

We see the same thing in our overseas reporting... Violence sells, boring as hell stories about the millions of folks sitting at home watching the news telling about all the foreigners being killed in their counties don't!
Old 25 August 2012, 15:32
Confirmed User

19 "innocents" or bystanders shot? a horrific tragedy
19 people whose offspring I'm not keen on having mug me at gunpoint later on? I'm thinking Bayou City tonight, get some chicken tenders and fried pickles. Not sure if I'll have the chocolate chip bread pudding for dessert or not.
Old 25 August 2012, 16:20
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Most of the violence is concentrated in certain neighborhoods, Englewood on the south side being the worst, but that's no excuse.

The current Superintendent was brought in because it was thought that his methods would stem the tide. In fact, things have gotten worse on his watch precisely because of his directives.

I'm surprised Emanuel hasn't canned him, but that would be admitting that he's the wrong man for the job. Can't have that.
Old 25 August 2012, 17:01
Make a desert and call it peace.

Meh, basically no humans involved.

The only story reported where the victim isn't yesterdays offender is the hot blonde (former) volleyball player from the near Chicago suburbs who was killed for her phone by two worthless pieces of shit near St Louis last week.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,2554989.story

The news is full on, straight up propaganda. Two weeks ago, locally, there was a home invasion by three Section 8 shitheads where a 13YO was stabbed(normal crime level is basically zilch). What was the major story reported? Some middle aged loser shoots an air rifle at a mosque, hitting nothing but the building. That was literally front fucking page in a national paper!

It's insidious thought control of the demonic level. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 25 August 2012, 17:06
True Origin Not Known

Oh no you diint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
I'm surprised Emanuel hasn't canned him, but that would be admitting that he's the wrong man for the job. Can't have that.
Dis the GODFATHER!!!

Are you fucking serious? That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard all week...and I'm at a senior staff planning conference, so, the bar has been set pretty high. You should be proud. - Gavin
Old 25 August 2012, 17:21
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

No, it's the Rahmfather.

John Kass dubbed him that, and some reader sent him a parody movie poster using the movie title as its theme.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...antis-portrait

Old 25 August 2012, 17:28
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike
The only story reported where the victim isn't yesterdays offender is the hot blonde (former) volleyball player from the near Chicago suburbs who was killed for her phone by two worthless pieces of shit near St Louis last week.
I was wondering what the motive was going to be in this shooting. I had thought that maybe they were going to report that she was trying to buy drugs -- but it appears as if it were far less of a reason.

What is sad about this situation is that we won't do anything. At best -- at most -- we'll put the offenders in prison, and count the years until we have to protect ourselves from them again. In the meantime, we'll release other assclowns early -- because we've jammed the place up with simple tokers and gals that allow adults to pull trains on them. Damn, we are indeed an advansayed society. I'm so proud of us.

Hey America, check it out. Wanna cut down on crime? I'm not talking about bullshit reductions, I'm talking about serious 50% and above reductions. Yeah? Wanna?

Cool. Allow me to tour the country once per month. It'll be me and maybe 4-5 others. You pay the travel, per diem, whatnot (you have to pay it, so there is a documentation trail that you obviously authorized and supported this), you pay the ammo and guns, and me and my crew will simply travel from prison to prison and shoot MF'ers in the face. Keep it simple. Those convicted of violent murder, rape, and anyone convicted of any sexual crime against a minor younger than a teenager (that one doesn't matter what the crime was -- we're just gonna go ahead and round that shit up to the nearest criminal denominator). We won't care if they are on death row or not, we'll just walk from cell to cell and shoot people. I figure that with chow breaks and mag reloads (I'm not really either a fan or believer in weapons cleaning), that we can probably put down about 500-1000 per trip (it makes sense to try and schedule the trips so we can hit prisons all within the same geographical AO).

If you think about it, this is really going to not only save us a ton of lives, but there will be some economic bennies, as well. You'll need less jailers, less judges, less cops working the same badguys (they can go work new badguys), etc. Less uniforms, less food, shit -- less everything.

Don't worry -- we will gladly sign a waiver stipulating that unlike many, we won't be bothering you later with bullshit tails of PTSD and bad dreams. And no -- for the squeamish of you readers -- I don't personally believe I (or those who would join me) are sociopaths. We simply don't consider the removal of a problem to be either cruel or dramatic. We'd do the same to a rabid dog or rampaging horse.

But, I suspect America will find itself too evolved for my offer. Good for you USA....
Old 25 August 2012, 18:11
On the Extract Bird

SOTB, you lead the way, I will follow close behind you with a team of surgeons to harvest the organs - win-win!
Old 25 August 2012, 18:15
Cry havoc

I knew this thread would get good!

E5M! Square this shit away, I want a report on my desk and the problem fixed in 72 hours.

Two eyes from the east.
Old 25 August 2012, 18:16
Cry havoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
SOTB, you lead the way, I will follow close behind you with a team of surgeons to harvest the organs - win-win!
LMMFAO - I love it when a plan comes together!

Two eyes from the east.
Old 25 August 2012, 18:26
Make a desert and call it peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC2W View Post
I knew this thread would get good!

E5M! Square this shit away, I want a report on my desk and the problem fixed in 72 hours.
Be very careful what you ask for
S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 25 August 2012, 18:34
My Heroes Wear Camouflage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post

The current Superintendent was brought in because it was thought that his methods would stem the tide. In fact, things have gotten worse on his watch precisely because of his directives.

Didn't I hear something about him going on patrol in uniform? You know, because that will make all the difference in the world.

Emanuel is a tool.
Old 25 August 2012, 19:14
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
Cool. Allow me to tour the country once per month. It'll be me and maybe 4-5 others.
How do I sign up for this gig?

As long as you don't have any gay ass dress code or grooming standard, I am in.

Our new posting rules