Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 26 August 2012, 20:48
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
I was wondering what the motive was going to be in this shooting. I had thought that maybe they were going to report that she was trying to buy drugs -- but it appears as if it were far less of a reason.

What is sad about this situation is that we won't do anything. At best -- at most -- we'll put the offenders in prison, and count the years until we have to protect ourselves from them again. In the meantime, we'll release other assclowns early -- because we've jammed the place up with simple tokers and gals that allow adults to pull trains on them. Damn, we are indeed an advansayed society. I'm so proud of us.

Hey America, check it out. Wanna cut down on crime? I'm not talking about bullshit reductions, I'm talking about serious 50% and above reductions. Yeah? Wanna?

Cool. Allow me to tour the country once per month. It'll be me and maybe 4-5 others. You pay the travel, per diem, whatnot (you have to pay it, so there is a documentation trail that you obviously authorized and supported this), you pay the ammo and guns, and me and my crew will simply travel from prison to prison and shoot MF'ers in the face. Keep it simple. Those convicted of violent murder, rape, and anyone convicted of any sexual crime against a minor younger than a teenager (that one doesn't matter what the crime was -- we're just gonna go ahead and round that shit up to the nearest criminal denominator). We won't care if they are on death row or not, we'll just walk from cell to cell and shoot people. I figure that with chow breaks and mag reloads (I'm not really either a fan or believer in weapons cleaning), that we can probably put down about 500-1000 per trip (it makes sense to try and schedule the trips so we can hit prisons all within the same geographical AO).

If you think about it, this is really going to not only save us a ton of lives, but there will be some economic bennies, as well. You'll need less jailers, less judges, less cops working the same badguys (they can go work new badguys), etc. Less uniforms, less food, shit -- less everything.

Don't worry -- we will gladly sign a waiver stipulating that unlike many, we won't be bothering you later with bullshit tails of PTSD and bad dreams. And no -- for the squeamish of you readers -- I don't personally believe I (or those who would join me) are sociopaths. We simply don't consider the removal of a problem to be either cruel or dramatic. We'd do the same to a rabid dog or rampaging horse.

But, I suspect America will find itself too evolved for my offer. Good for you USA....
I came up with a very similar plan when I worked at Stateville CC (Chicago/Joliet area) in the mid 80's, it was something along the lines of locking down the place and going cell to cell, needing 2 BHP's, a cart with 3 cases of surplus 9mm (keeping costs down) and someone to push the cart/load mags. 2,000 inmates x $21,000 ea = $42 million a year. And that's just one prison. Surplus ball is what, .25 cents a round?

So, I'm definitely in.

"And thus I clothe my naked villainy with old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil."
- Shakespeare, Richard III.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did."
-T.E. Lawrence, "Seven Pillars of Wisdom".
Old 26 August 2012, 22:07
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy
What are we doing??????
Face-shooting murderers, rapists, and child molesters. Interspersed in all of that, we'll be on a holy quest for the world's best donuts.

It'll be fun, we'll let you drive (but you DON"T get to choose which radio stations to listen to)....
Old 26 August 2012, 22:18
Russian Tycoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
Absolutely.

That's why they should all be cordoned off and no one can get in or out unless they have a work pass.
It worked well in Trinidad a few years back, as you may remember.

A lot of people were complaining about Chief Lanier and her checkpoints but from what I recall, her methodology, albeit found unconstitutional, produced desired results.

ETA: SOTB for POTUS 2012?

Last edited by GirlwithaGlock; 26 August 2012 at 22:28. Reason: ETA
Old 26 August 2012, 22:20
Cry havoc

Quote:
Face-shooting murderers, rapists, and child molesters. Interspersed in all of that, we'll be on a holy quest for the world's best donuts.

It'll be fun, we'll let you drive (but you DON"T get to choose which radio stations to listen to)....

Hey Marlboro, I love donuts. And if you want to throw you gun at them instead of shoot them, I guess I'm cool with that too...no bullets for you.

Two eyes from the east.
Old 26 August 2012, 22:26
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC2W
Hey Marlboro, I love donuts. And if you want to throw you gun at them instead of shoot them, I guess I'm cool with that too...no bullets for you.
Dude, puhleeze -- between the two of us, who owns a HD? That's right, it's not you.

But yes, you can hitch up, as well.

It's a lot of shooting, so I can understand if you want to use a .22. Unlike others, I realize that a .22 works just fine, and it isn't heavy, so you can hold it up all day long.

No, we aren't letting you play your Barney CD while riding between prison sites....
Old 26 August 2012, 22:28
Authorized Personnel

Quote:

No, we aren't letting you play your Barney CD while riding between prison sites....
Yeah but will you let him sit in your lap and steer like a big boy?
Old 26 August 2012, 22:32
Cry havoc

Quote:
That's sooooo fucking ghiegh.

Two eyes from the east.
Old 26 August 2012, 22:55
?

Donuts??? How about cheesecake? I'll throw in several thousand .22 rounds if we can do cheesecake.

"OK, thankfully my wife doesn't read SOCNET -- something to do with it being filled with likeminded, immature people. Fuck her." - SOTB
Old 26 August 2012, 23:46
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC2W View Post
Why isn't anyone talking about this?
Because it is not a city in Michigan, New Hampshire, Mass, or Wisconsin. If it were, the Obamedia would be all over it! And as Mark Halperin said, the Obamedia is reporting what POTUS tells them to...Future President Romney's taxes.
Old 27 August 2012, 00:56
Not a ninja...

While some people think I am crazy, this thread confirms that I am not alone in my thoughts.

SOTB... sometimes... (i really like you).

shhhhhh...

Old 27 August 2012, 01:05
War on Christmas veteran

So the President secretly directs the media not to report a negative story about Chicago?
Why?
The only people that would, in their minds, associate street crime in Chicago with the President are people that aren't voting for him anyway... and are also the type to believe he controls the media.

Here's my own theory:
A night where nineteen people in Chicago were shot (but none killed) in seven unrelated incidents in one city is not really a national news story in a nation with about 9,000 fatal shootings a year.

News organizations are not puppets of the President, but rather self interested sensationalist opportunists feeding shiny shit to select demographics. The media's primary concern is titillating and/or outraging the public instead of informing them... and any shooting that does not have pictures or video, and a controversial topical motive, is not newsworthy.

LRSD rhymes with thirsty

"The only rational patriotism is loyalty to the nation all the time,
and loyalty to the government when it deserves it."

-- Mark Twain

"I intend to live forever, or die trying."
--Groucho Marx
Old 27 August 2012, 01:38
Violent Social Worker

Quote:
Squeeze the trigger, don't yank it, it's not your dick.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 27 August 2012, 06:23
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo Five Romeo View Post
So the President secretly directs the media not to report a negative story about Chicago?
Why?
The only people that would, in their minds, associate street crime in Chicago with the President are people that aren't voting for him anyway... and are also the type to believe he controls the media.

Here's my own theory:
A night where nineteen people in Chicago were shot (but none killed) in seven unrelated incidents in one city is not really a national news story in a nation with about 9,000 fatal shootings a year.

News organizations are not puppets of the President, but rather self interested sensationalist opportunists feeding shiny shit to select demographics. The media's primary concern is titillating and/or outraging the public instead of informing them... and any shooting that does not have pictures or video, and a controversial topical motive, is not newsworthy.
Well then let's look at your leaders to see what they think, after all, Mark Halperin is gay and liberal so clearly he must be telling the truth...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_145755.html

A little more recent...
http://hotair.com/archives/2012/08/1...t-obama-wants/
Old 27 August 2012, 06:34
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbsqd View Post
Well then let's look at your leaders to see what they think, after all, Mark Halperin is gay and liberal so clearly he must be telling the truth...

A little more recent...
Oh NO, not the HuffPo....
Is that you John (BFR)?
Old 27 August 2012, 07:21
The Sagacious One

Quote:

I am driving, and no he cannot sit in my LAP
Old 27 August 2012, 08:19
War on Christmas veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbsqd View Post

A little more recent...
First... my leaders???
WTF?

Second... how does favoritism during the 2008 election translate to a coordinated media blackout on a supposed story of national interest about a night of crime in Chicago where no one died that is somehow linked to the President of the United States?

LRSD rhymes with thirsty

"The only rational patriotism is loyalty to the nation all the time,
and loyalty to the government when it deserves it."

-- Mark Twain

"I intend to live forever, or die trying."
--Groucho Marx
Old 27 August 2012, 08:26
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo Five Romeo View Post
First... my leaders???
WTF?

Second... how does favoritism during the 2008 election translate to a coordinated media blackout on a supposed story of national interest about a night of crime in Chicago where no one died that is somehow linked to the President of the United States?
Your lib views are well known...no crime in that.

As for the media blackout it is not about the recent shootings...it is about Chicago's horrific crime rate in general. If Pres. Bush was from Chicago it would have been his fault when he was in office.

Your boy Halperin had it right.
Old 27 August 2012, 09:44
Old and Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofthedesert View Post
I came up with a very similar plan when I worked at Stateville CC (Chicago/Joliet area) in the mid 80's, it was something along the lines of locking down the place and going cell to cell, needing 2 BHP's, a cart with 3 cases of surplus 9mm (keeping costs down) and someone to push the cart/load mags. 2,000 inmates x $21,000 ea = $42 million a year. And that's just one prison. Surplus ball is what, .25 cents a round?

So, I'm definitely in.
I did two construction jobs at Statesville around the mid eighties. Used to see Richard Speck pushing his paint cart around. We might have crossed paths out there. I worked on the new kitchen facility. I remember being in the basement and feeling a little dizzy because the wall seemed to be moving. On closer examination, it was just covered with cockroaches.
Old 27 August 2012, 09:55
Midgetologist

Quote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19376491

19 shot in one night! Good Lord.

Why isn't anyone talking about this? Unless you count foreign news source. I would have never heard of it.

Anyway.... Don't forget to do your patriotic duty and either die in place or flee and get shot by the police.
To be honest no one gives two shits.Unless it directly effects them.That is how people are.

Sounds like it is time for another great fire.
Old 27 August 2012, 10:07
No one special

Quote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19376491

19 shot in one night! Good Lord.

Why isn't anyone talking about this? Unless you count foreign news source. I would have never heard of it.
Because none of them legally own a gun. If it were a shooting by a legal gun owner little Napolean (Rohm) would probably have been all over it.

If you live in this area you hear about this all the time. It seems like you never hear anything good on the news.

Our new posting rules