Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 27 August 2012, 10:10
No one special

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
I am driving, and no he cannot sit in my LAP
How about a side car with a 50 cal mounted on it?
Old 27 August 2012, 10:13
Midgetologist

Put Atomic Annie back in service.
Old 27 August 2012, 10:16
Paving the way

For my friends living in Chicago. Just move to Indianapolis. Hell even Gary is a lot better. At least you can be armed, and you'll have lots of armed friends.
Old 27 August 2012, 10:24
No one special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpool View Post
For my friends living in Chicago. Just move to Indianapolis. Hell even Gary is a lot better. At least you can be armed, and you'll have lots of armed friends.
I would rather head to Indy. Better suburb choices.
Old 27 August 2012, 15:02
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
I was wondering what the motive was going to be in this shooting. I had thought that maybe they were going to report that she was trying to buy drugs -- but it appears as if it were far less of a reason.

What is sad about this situation is that we won't do anything. At best -- at most -- we'll put the offenders in prison, and count the years until we have to protect ourselves from them again. In the meantime, we'll release other assclowns early -- because we've jammed the place up with simple tokers and gals that allow adults to pull trains on them. Damn, we are indeed an advansayed society. I'm so proud of us.

Hey America, check it out. Wanna cut down on crime? I'm not talking about bullshit reductions, I'm talking about serious 50% and above reductions. Yeah? Wanna?

Cool. Allow me to tour the country once per month. It'll be me and maybe 4-5 others. You pay the travel, per diem, whatnot (you have to pay it, so there is a documentation trail that you obviously authorized and supported this), you pay the ammo and guns, and me and my crew will simply travel from prison to prison and shoot MF'ers in the face. Keep it simple. Those convicted of violent murder, rape, and anyone convicted of any sexual crime against a minor younger than a teenager (that one doesn't matter what the crime was -- we're just gonna go ahead and round that shit up to the nearest criminal denominator). We won't care if they are on death row or not, we'll just walk from cell to cell and shoot people. I figure that with chow breaks and mag reloads (I'm not really either a fan or believer in weapons cleaning), that we can probably put down about 500-1000 per trip (it makes sense to try and schedule the trips so we can hit prisons all within the same geographical AO).

If you think about it, this is really going to not only save us a ton of lives, but there will be some economic bennies, as well. You'll need less jailers, less judges, less cops working the same badguys (they can go work new badguys), etc. Less uniforms, less food, shit -- less everything.

Don't worry -- we will gladly sign a waiver stipulating that unlike many, we won't be bothering you later with bullshit tails of PTSD and bad dreams. And no -- for the squeamish of you readers -- I don't personally believe I (or those who would join me) are sociopaths. We simply don't consider the removal of a problem to be either cruel or dramatic. We'd do the same to a rabid dog or rampaging horse.

But, I suspect America will find itself too evolved for my offer. Good for you USA....
sounds good. We can make it even more cost effective. Have 4 teams that stay in their geographical area, that way we cut down on coast to coast travel. I call being on the mid-west team.
Old 27 August 2012, 15:05
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grog18b View Post
I knew you were my brother from another mother.

We wouldn't need anyone else Bro... Just you and I, two Colt 45s, and spare mags. Perhaps we could try one of those 5.7s with the 30 round mags and cheap ammo...

f-ing awesome. Just what I wanted to do in my retirement.
That's kind of selfish don't you think,
Plus you need more than 2, what with vacations & sick days
Old 27 August 2012, 15:09
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Sounds like it is time for another great fire.
HAHA, where's a cow when you need it?
Old 27 August 2012, 15:22
Confirmed User

All for the face shooting as long as you all come clear out new orleans. The 9th and 8th ward would keep you busy for a couple months. Another idea would be throw a bunch of weapons in the middle of the prisons, weld the windows and doors shut, open the cells and do pay per view showing of the chaos that ensues..
But in all seriousness, all big cities have thier issues. I personally like new Orleans due to Katrina the violence is more spread out now due to people relocating, some previous ghettos are now decent communities.and there arent mass killings as much now. That and quite a few people now use thier rights and have ccw or atleast carry in thier cars.
Old 27 August 2012, 17:01
Clorox bearer for SOTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdawg View Post
That's kind of selfish don't you think,
Plus you need more than 2, what with vacations & sick days
Naa... I'm willing to work overtime to clean up America. I'm super patriotic that way.

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 27 August 2012, 18:14
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdawg View Post
sounds good. We can make it even more cost effective. Have 4 teams that stay in their geographical area, that way we cut down on coast to coast travel. I call being on the mid-west team.
Whoa. Lots of per-diem going to be lost this way...
Old 28 August 2012, 08:29
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0699 View Post
Whoa. Lots of per-diem going to be lost this way...
On the plus side nobody will have to deal with DTS travel vouchers, lol
Old 29 August 2012, 01:55
Make a desert and call it peace.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/14761503-418/cops-treading-water-emanuel-says-no.html

The police chief is a whipped puppy; he should resign and save something of his self-respect.

In other news, a shithead, with over 100 arrests, tried to grab a child in broad daylight in the middle of downtown, by the Picasso. Dad got the kid back, then ran the guy down until police caught him. Oh, BTW, this happened Saturday yet is being reported on Tuesday. I'd call the media whores, but at least whores are honest about what they do.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-dad-chases-down-man-who-grabbed-daughter-2-20120828,0,2693238.story

S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 29 August 2012, 19:36
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
The police chief is a whipped puppy; he should resign and save something of his self-respect.

In other news, a shithead, with over 100 arrests, tried to grab a child in broad daylight in the middle of downtown, by the Picasso. Dad got the kid back, then ran the guy down until police caught him. Oh, BTW, this happened Saturday yet is being reported on Tuesday. I'd call the media whores, but at least whores are honest about what they do.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,2693238.story

S/F....Ken M
I don't think the current Superintendent will finish out his contract, at least the way things are right now.

When the mayor calls a press conference and directly contradicts a statement you made, with you standing there in the background looking pissed/exasperated/forlorn, more than likely your days are numbered.

Nothing says "no confidence" more than public rebuke/public humiliation.

I heard about that incident down by the Picasso. I'm not a big fan of that whole Mag Mile/State street scene to begin with, but it's a hit with the tourists and high profile. According to a lot of witnesses who see these and other incidents occur down there, there's not a cop to be found anywhere when things start happening.

Not saying that you can put a cop on every corner, but considering the whole showcase vibe they go for down in the Loop, you'd think they could spare a few from all the mayhem happening elsewhere.
Old 29 August 2012, 21:17
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo Five Romeo View Post
So the President secretly directs the media not to report a negative story about Chicago?
Why?
The only people that would, in their minds, associate street crime in Chicago with the President are people that aren't voting for him anyway... and are also the type to believe he controls the media.

Here's my own theory:
A night where nineteen people in Chicago were shot (but none killed) in seven unrelated incidents in one city is not really a national news story in a nation with about 9,000 fatal shootings a year.

News organizations are not puppets of the President, but rather self interested sensationalist opportunists feeding shiny shit to select demographics. The media's primary concern is titillating and/or outraging the public instead of informing them... and any shooting that does not have pictures or video, and a controversial topical motive, is not newsworthy.
Some one lied to you about the press. I guess you are entitled to your opinion.

If these laissez faire shootings are so insignificant, who do the Chicago politicians want the National Guard called in to stop the violence? Its no big deal right?
Old 31 August 2012, 22:20
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Perhaps I phrased it wrong.

The Chicago Police used to have dedicated teams that would respond citywide to various areas of violence, mostly on the south and west side. In NYC, I believe you have anti-crime teams that serve somewhat the same purpose. Chicago disbanded two of the units that did this type of work, one of them because of a widespread scandal involving several of their officers.

And perhaps fielding those types of units are somewhat of a bandaid response, in terms of long term quelling of violence, but they were pretty effective at keeping a lid on the worst of the violence. The number of shootings are sustained and nonstop these days. It's not just media hype, the gangs are just shooting everything that moves these days. Again, mostly on the south and west sides, where you can see the spike in shootings and homicides.

The superintendent made the decision to take these officers from those units and assign them to various districts throughout the city, without a real strategy for dealing with the worst of the violence. Or, if there is a strategy, it's not working. They made a big deal out of giving $1 million to a group called Ceasefire, made up mainly of ex gang members. If that's the Superintendent's and the mayor's grand plan, it's not a good one. They also made a big deal by proclaiming they were adding new officers, when in reality they were just shifting existing officers around and taking a bunch working desks and putting them on the street (which is where they should be, of course).

Clearly, his actions aren't making them more violent. But it appears a lot of the larger gangs have splintered into a lot of smaller factions, and they're fighting for smaller pieces of territory. Or maybe they're just getting their kicks, who knows.

I do know the level of violence spiked over the last year, and it coincides with the new Superintendent taking over. Coincidence, perhaps, but he's made a lot of changes, and the police department is shrinking at the same time.

And he does get out there with the troops, no doubt about that. Admirable, in many ways, but sometimes the guy wearing 4 stars has a bigger responsibility. And yeah, coming up with a cohesive strategy to stem violence among gangs is right up there near the top.

I'd like to see Cubbies Suck chime in on the issue, but he's probably responding to a call of shots fired.

BTW Blackjack, here's one of the widely read cop blogs in Chicago. I've talked to a couple of guys I know on the CPD, and they were cagey about what they think about it, one of them saying it's basically the internet version of guys writing on the bathroom stall,. But I'm sure they read it, and I'm also sure there's a lot of truth to what the blogger is saying. A lot of times, the official story and reports in the media are dismissed either by one of the readers of the blog who also works in the city, or the blogger himself (or her, even though I think it's a guy).

http://www.secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

No leader will ever be universally liked or respected, but the last two Superintendents appear to be universally loathed by the rank and file. Maybe it's because they're the first true outsiders to take over the top spot in several generations, but that's just a guess on my part.
Spinner, I have been away for awhile and I will respond tomorrow with a better post but until then I will say this. I have faith in this Superintendent for a few reasons. NOTHING will change until you remove control of the CPD from the 5th floor at City Hall. This situation didn't start with McCarthy. It's been going on for years. Now they want McCarthy to solve a problem in a few months.
Old 1 September 2012, 15:21
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpogue View Post
I did two construction jobs at Statesville around the mid eighties. Used to see Richard Speck pushing his paint cart around.
That was before he had tits, from taking all the hormone pills the brothers had smuggled in so their bitch could be more like a woman. Along with a video camera so they could film Speck talking about how much he liked all that. It's around on the net somewhere I'm sure.

I was back in Chicago briefly circa 2006 and on the TV in my hotel room they were running a program about the 'Ville. Never thought I'd see that place again. Lots different now than in my day. Five or six of us had a couple hundred inmates walking around loose. "OK Mr. Resident, time to lock up please, if you don't move along smartly I'll have to ask you again"......Now the place has like 95% of the population on permanent lock down. Assaults on staff are way down. Good for them.

"And thus I clothe my naked villainy with old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil."

- Shakespeare, Richard III.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did."

-T.E. Lawrence, "Seven Pillars of Wisdom".
Old 1 September 2012, 15:46
On the Extract Bird

Chicago is not as bad as the perception and opinions of some people. Crime is not as rampant but there are the ubiquitious South side and West side of Chicago (Cook County) that has the main gun violence area(s) centered around 75th-79th Street. It is definately no Iowa or North Dakota a mouse!
Why do some call for the National Guard? Just because they can and it makes headlines. 80% or more of the alderman who have called for the National Guard have been under scruting for illegal "Pay to Play" scheme of the Old Daley Regime Tactics but it is slowly falling apart while the rest have been sent to jail, released from jail or there is a plan to put them in jail.. 2 governors in jail and a few others skirting the law with old political connections coming to roost. (Betty Maltese and the town of Cicero-old case of crony capitalism).

Chicago has a beautiful lakefront, modern buildings, great summer festivals for every group (Polish, jazz, gospel, salsa, Skokie, Bahai temple, South side, West side, North Shore, Ravinia, close to Milwaukee and Rahm Emmanuel, a ballet adept turned politician, the new face after the more than 50 years of the Daley Dynasty). I luv Chicago
Old 1 September 2012, 16:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubbies Suck View Post
Spinner, I have been away for awhile and I will respond tomorrow with a better post but until then I will say this. I have faith in this Superintendent for a few reasons. NOTHING will change until you remove control of the CPD from the 5th floor at City Hall. This situation didn't start with McCarthy. It's been going on for years. Now they want McCarthy to solve a problem in a few months.
I look forward to reading it, I'm sure there's a lot more to what's going on than just tactics and strategy. From the sidelines, though, it appears as though shifting resources and doing away with a couple of those units dedicated to these types of problem areas predicated some of the current violence that's going on.

I brought up the political aspect of things with that whole Ceasefire initiative, which strikes me as nothing other than a scam, basically a bone that Rahm tossed to the various powers that be on the south and west sides.
Old 1 September 2012, 16:28
Confirmed User

Ok, where do I begin? Let me say this. The dismantling of the Chicago Police Departrment didn't just happen. It began years ago under Mayor Richard Daley. He did everything he could think of to emasculate, demoralize and turn it into a social service agency and that continues under Mayor Emanuel. But it's not just them. The whole system is corrupt. It is not geared to the victims, the police, the tax payers or anyone else. It is geared to doing what it can to give the ILLUSION that the city is combating crime and to get those that are connected to the Democratic Party a good job within the system. That's it. One of the ways they have accomplished this is through a promotion process in which the top members of the Command Staff are promoted. People THINK that the best Officers become Commanders, Chiefs, detectives etc. People THINK that hard work and excellent police work will get you somewhere here. It doesn't. Having a "hook" get's you a promotion here. Which means that the guy working a beat car in the ghetto soon realizes that unless he makes a connection somewhere he's going to be on that beat car for a very long time. Which is not bad until you see people being promoted ahead of you who wouldn't know a bad guy if he saw someone walking down a dark alley at 0200 hrs. wearing a striped one piece black and white suit, a mask and had a pillow case stuffed with jewlery slung over his shoulder.

Then there is the States Attorney's Office who is responsible for approving all Felony charges except dope. They re-write the law and rountinely deny felony charges for even the most ironclad cases because unless they are one thousand percent sure they can win a conviction in court. This wears on an Officer who is trying to be productive and make arrests. Why bother when the S/A won't prosecute.

Then there is the polictical system. They are the ones that really run this department, not Gary McCarthy. They are the ones that decide what we do, where we do it and how we do it. Case in point. Many years ago one of the best vice officers in the department hit a massage parlor/video store. It turns out that the place was owned by a high ranking politician. That Officer was told in no uncertain terms to stay away from that place. He could not even walk into it. This is the same system that will also throw an Officer under the bus in a heartbeat.

The MSM. Someone doubted that the Mayor and perhaps even Obama has the MSM in their back pocket. Think again. Daley and now Emanuel DO control them. He tells them what to print and when. Think not? How about the recent incident downtown in which a criminal approached a young family and tried to run off with their daughter. It hit the newsmedia THREE days after the event even though the newsmedia knew about it.

McCarthy. He is a breath of fresh air compared to that nitwit FBI agent we had before him. He is taking alot of heat but I supported him in his first effort to get the top spot and I support him now. He is trying to revamp this department into what it used to be and should be. He is stepping on some toes along the way and says some... stupid things from time to time but he's on the right track. The decline of the CPD has been going on for years and it is unrealistic to think he's going to change it overnight. But this department is wrought with political hacks and their stupid, self promoting ideas and they need to go.

The Citywide teams Spinner mentioned. While there were some outstanding Policemen working in the Special Operations Section, it soon became known by another name, Sons of Supervisors. The reason they were broken up as well as the Targeted Response Unit was because Emanuel promised the voters that he would hire one thousand Police Officers. He never had any intention of doing that. It was all a lie. What he did do however was disband those two units and then claim he put five hundred new officers back on the street. They were all street officers to begin with but were sent back to the districts and this allowed Emanuel to claim he added five hundred to the street. This lie was aided and abbetted by the newsmedia who knew the truth but went along with it because he controls them, hence part of my previous post about the MSM. It was just one lie of many on his part and that the MSM helped him with.

I hope this answers some of your questions. It is the tip of the iceberg and I could go into much more detail if I had the time. It is not sour grapes on my part, just the cold, hard truth. The above things I talk about are all tied into why we are having so many shootings, so much violence. The department is demoralized and until recently, leaderless. I hope they allow McCarthy to stick around but I doubt it. He has become a thorn in Emanuels side. Ever since Emanuel gave CeaseFire that million dollars and McCarthy told him he wanted nothing to do with them up and up to Emanuel enlisting lil Louie Farrakan and his nation of islam morons another thing McCarty is against.

I kind of have no dog in this fight. I'm on the way out. But I love my job, the Department and it pains me to see what they have done to it, what it has become, how the clueless have risen to leadership roles and don't know how to lead. This is why I wanted an outsider to take over and as brazen and hardheaded as McCarthy can be I think he is the right guy.

Oh yeah. I almost forgot about the "reverends". How much power they have, even the power to make promotions and formulate policy. But that's another thread.
Old 1 September 2012, 16:40

That was pretty eloquent and to the point, Cubbies Sucks.

Your being a Sox fan notwithstanding...

Our new posting rules