Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 8 August 2014, 23:16
Another pool cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaba View Post
Since when is knowing how to research, to read carefully, and to think critically disreputable?
That sounds pompous. And not always true in regards to "academic historians".

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ5326 View Post
I'm honestly not trying to call you out Sigaba, just completely exhausted with the folks who sit at the feet of their college professors who just regurgitate whatever they have been fed, with absolutely no life experiences whatsoever. Koch brothers seem to be the lefts boogey man the last several years.
Amen.
Old 8 August 2014, 23:23
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
It blows me away that people don't read Huffington Post.

You need to be reading that shit. I read it every day, along with Salon, Mother Jones and Slate.

Do you want to not know what they are propagandizing?

Should we just all stick our fingers in our ears and go Lalalalalala I can't hear you over how awesome fox news is Lalalalala

I don't need to hear my own views parroted back at me in an inarticulate and ponderous manner, making me question why I have those views (Fox). I want to hear the views of people I don't agree with, so I can formulate counter arguments and strategies. Plus every now and again, believe it or not, liberals do come up with a good point. For instance, they've always squawked about police brutality- only recently have we woken up to its hideous reality.

To make another point- at Robin Sage, you don't get classes on what the fuck General Petraeus thinks. You get classes on what Mao and Che Guevara thought. Because to destroy your enemy you must understand him, even empathize with him.
Very good post.

However, I would also add in the likes of CNBC and the financial media with a "little guy" target market.

I suspect the mass media owners must have the odd get together, much like say NFL franchise owners.

The bigger the rivalry the bigger the profits.

No rivalry, no profits, no longer in control of the game.

Colonel Flagg, psychopathic guest star of M.A.S.H.
Old 8 August 2014, 23:39
On the Extract Bird

This about says it all re CNN and these liberal shitbags.

ETA: Great points MakoZeroSix. I read most of those, as well. Good know what the enemy is up to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cnnterror (2).jpg (43.4 KB, 339 views)
Old 8 August 2014, 23:51
I am not bitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ5326 View Post
I'm honestly not trying to call you out Sigaba, just completely exhausted with the folks who sit at the feet of their college professors who just regurgitate whatever they have been fed, with absolutely no life experiences whatsoever. Koch brothers seem to be the lefts boogey man the last several years.
You are inferring a lot from an incomplete reading of my profile and my recent posts on this BB.

In regards to the former, my profile states my view of the Ivory Tower compared to the private sector and how I make my living.

(An aside. Notwithstanding your view of eggheads, academic historians spend a great deal of time arguing with each other. Historiography--the blood, air, and water of the craft--is driven by disagreement.)

In regards to my recent posts on this BB, some include comments about "free" parking that reflect political views which are, IMO, clearly right of center.

My intermittent exchanges with SATCOM are not about his political philosophy per se, but about the intellectual, social, cultural, and historical contexts in which those views are framed, the inconsistencies among those views, and how those views inform his policy preferences and his vision of how things should be.

Consequently, my asking about the Koch brothers' political contributions was neither reflexive nor regurgitative. The question is posed to widen the conversation. Is one bothered by murky relationships among socio-economic elites because of their political views, or is one bothered because elite groups, regardless of political orientation, have the means and the skills to reshape American political life while obscuring their tracks?

Finally, IRT the Koch brothers as the bogeyman of the left, I'm of the view that if members of the American political right are going to attempt to generate friction by pointing to George Soros and his ilk, they would do well to ask questions about billionaires who say they are conservatives.

My $0.02./YMMV.
Old 9 August 2014, 00:17
Authorized Personnel

There has long been such an organization. It was established in the early 1920s, and is composed, in part, of the owners of the media companies, not the potheads, homosexuals and other derelicts who write/produce the propaganda we absorb each day.

This outfit was originally founded with the idea of selling Americans on the idea of world government after the League of Nations failed to gain traction.

The PTB tried to hide the existence of such an organization for years; today, speeches are shamelessly delivered in front of walls adorned with it's name: The Council on Foreign Relations.

Last edited by 1026; 9 August 2014 at 00:19. Reason: spelling
Old 9 August 2014, 00:32
Confirmed User

the Koch's do not donate a TENTH of what SOROS does, and the Kochs also donated to the United NEgro College Fund, so me where Soros donated to ANYTHING right of center......

THAT is your difference.

not to mention, if the press would have told the truth about the state of the economy, and the nightmare that Obamacare is, or Fast and Furious, or the IRS scandel, we would have a President named Mitt.......
Old 9 August 2014, 01:12
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaba View Post

Consequently, my asking about the Koch brothers' political contributions was neither reflexive nor regurgitative. The question is posed to widen the conversation. Is one bothered by murky relationships among socio-economic elites because of their political views, or is one bothered because elite groups, regardless of political orientation, have the means and the skills to reshape American political life while obscuring their tracks?

Finally, IRT the Koch brothers as the bogeyman of the left, I'm of the view that if members of the American political right are going to attempt to generate friction by pointing to George Soros and his ilk, they would do well to ask questions about billionaires who say they are conservatives.

My $0.02./YMMV.
Did you just suggest these journalists are "elites"?

If a journalist allows personal feeling to interfere with their objectivity and the delivering of unbiased information, he is now an activist.

So the question should not be about elites it should be about whether or not news providers are passing off activism as unbiased fact and if that is acceptable.
Old 9 August 2014, 01:48
Confirmed User

Quote:

You need to be reading that shit. I read it every day, along with Salon, Mother Jones and Slate.

Should we just all stick our fingers in our ears and go Lalalalalala I can't hear you over how awesome fox news is Lalalalala

I don't need to hear my own views parroted back at me in an inarticulate and ponderous manner, making me question why I have those views (Fox). I want to hear the views of people I don't agree with, so I can formulate counter arguments and strategies. Plus every now and again, believe it or not, liberals do come up with a good point. For instance, they've always squawked about police brutality- only recently have we woken up to its hideous reality.

To make another point- at Robin Sage, you don't get classes on what the fuck General Petraeus thinks. You get classes on what Mao and Che Guevara thought. Because to destroy your enemy you must understand him, even empathize with him.
I've read it all for years. When I worked for Microsoft, I routinely confronted the folks at Slate. These people, sincerely have no clue. Every thing they espouse defies dignified human nature.
Old 9 August 2014, 01:49
BTDT

Limousine liberals are well within their 1st amendment rights to use a position of relative public trust to tell lies in a public forum that are used to subvert public opinion and national policy...
...I support the rights of liars and thieves to use the first ammendment to the maximum extent of human imagination.

...that doesn't mean that Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly or any other right wing talk show hosts that are advertised as talk show hosts should be allowed to overtly voice an opinion. THAT kind of disingenuous hate speech should be illegal and taken off the air. At best it should be discredited as hogwash because
well, because fuck you if you like that shit

...and those of you that hide behind the second ammendment just because you haven't robbed a bank lately or mugged someone should just shut the fuck up. There is no reason for you to have a right to own guns. Only the private body guards of dirty hypocrite liberals should be trusted to own guns.

...only dirty hypocrite liberals should be allowed to exercise ANY constitutional rights for that matter. You centrists and right wing whackos can't be trusted with freedom.

Your freedoms offend me.
Old 9 August 2014, 04:09
Confirmed User

Quote:

Point taken, but my comment was directed towards those who view the HP as gospel, not as a perspective into the mind of the "enemy", which I believe accounts for much more of their traffic. I don't swear by Fox either, I think any major news network you look to has put their own spin/agenda on the stories presented. Again, politics aside, every single one of HP's headlines is written so as to pique ones' interest without telling you anything of value (and thereby get you to click the link and pay for their advertisers). Maybe I am an idealist, but I find that sort of conduct to be utter bullshit
Old 9 August 2014, 04:54
Ne Obliviscaris

Quote:
Your post.
This too boggles my mind. I have a few lib friends on FB. They are always linking stories from HuffPo and others. It truly gives a good glimpse into their rationale and I agree you better know your enemy if you want to defeat him.
Old 9 August 2014, 06:35
Make a desert and call it peace.

Question; what is there to know about them, required to "defeat" them?

I understand the concept, but I don't think it buys anything, as we lack the media resources to counter their incessant propaganda and brainwash these people back into something resembling "America."

Their beliefs are a religion, a faith; to replace the Christianity that has been demonized and denigrated. You can no more convince them to drop their liberal beliefs with words than you could convert the durka-durkas from Islam. They need something to fill that God shaped hole in their psyche. They cling to their faith as a drowning man clings to a life buoy. They will get angry and defensively shut down anytime you seriously challenged their beliefs.

Obviously, there are always exceptions, but I think you'll find the bulk of humanity behaving as I described. S/F.....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 9 August 2014, 07:54
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
Question; what is there to know about them, required to "defeat" them?

I understand the concept, but I don't think it buys anything, as we lack the media resources to counter their incessant propaganda and brainwash these people back into something resembling "America."

Their beliefs are a religion, a faith; to replace the Christianity that has been demonized and denigrated. You can no more convince them to drop their liberal beliefs with words than you could convert the durka-durkas from Islam. They need something to fill that God shaped hole in their psyche. They cling to their faith as a drowning man clings to a life buoy. They will get angry and defensively shut down anytime you seriously challenged their beliefs.

Obviously, there are always exceptions, but I think you'll find the bulk of humanity behaving as I described. S/F.....Ken M
For the most part, the fight to 'defeat them' lies in the next generation. Which they know, and is why they cling so heavily to schools and newspapers. Schools is where they start demonizing guns (as per Eric Holder's plan), and implanting collectivist bullshit. Control of the newspapers and other forms of information media allows them then to stifle any opposing viewpoint. Liberal academia fabricates/slants data to support their view point and the media serves as the vector to disseminate that information. Then those kids grow up, have kids of their own, and infect them at home with collectivist bullshit too, making their job that much easier.

You're never going to change any hardcore believer's mind without a serious lifestyle change. Usually those occur when you get out of primary school and go to college, get out of college and get a job, start a family, or retire. At each of those juncture points there exists a moment when you can change their ideals, but it all depends on the environment they are in when they go through that change. LOTS of college liberals out there suddenly start waking up whenever they start actually having a job/kids and start having to be responsible. Sometimes, not so much.

Or, we could just not fight so hard and let them Cloward-Piven it into extinction. Sort of like playing tug-o-war and just letting go of the rope. Sure the other side "wins", but you're the one left standing at the end. Then while they're down on the ground you kick them in the balls and steal their girlfriend.
Old 9 August 2014, 07:56
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by btq96r View Post
Talk radio, Fox News and a lot of the sites you link to on here dedicated no small amount of their resources to report on the issues you brought up? They count as media also.

The term "lamestream media" is just the feel good dog whistle for those news outlets conservatives have issues with. The counter message is getting out there through plenty of sources.
You are correct in that a select FEW media organizations have/continue to report on the scandals mentioned. Here's an example from earlier this year:

No Live Coverage: CNN and MSNBC Skip Latest Benghazi Hearing

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeffrey...nghazi-hearing

CNN and MSNBC failed to provide any live coverage of a Thursday morning House Oversight Committee hearing on the terrorist attack on Benghazi. FOX NEWS provided 74 minutes and 25 seconds worth of live coverage of the hearing and had multiple interview and analysis segments talking about the revelations in the hearing. MSNBC provided a small amount of coverage but did not air the hearing live whereas CNN viewers were not made aware of the hearing until 1:15 p.m. Eastern.

During the hearing, Brig. Gen. Robert Lowell, who ran intelligence at the U.S. African command THE NIGHT of the attack, argued that they knew immediately the attack was not in response to an anti-Islamic video. [See video of Fox News’ coverage of the hearing below.]

The counter-message you mention is NOT getting to the majority of Americans. My definition of lamestream is not cable TV/News, but ABC, CBS, and NBC. A late 2013 Pew Research Report showed that Americans get their news from:

1. Local TV News (Not Cable)
2. Network TV News (ABC/CBS/NBC)
3. Cable TV News

Source: http://www.journalism.org/2013/10/11...-news-at-home/

When these outlets garner the most viewership for news, then they can easily change/mold that news to fit agendas. Anybody heard of Sharyl Attkission? She was a reporter for CBS that left due to their LACK of support to investigative reporting on.... wait for...... it's good....... The Obama Administration. You have to ask yourself again. Why would a major news network NOT want its viewing audience to be informed about Benghazi, Fast and Furious, and the IRS scandals?

Read about Sharyl Atkission here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...aves-cbs-news/

Can anyone please let me know of a "Secret Conservative Journalist Group" that is coordinating/colluding/corrupting the news process? I'm standing by......
Old 9 August 2014, 08:05
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCOM View Post

...Can anyone please let me know of a "Secret Conservative Journalist Group" that is coordinating/colluding/corrupting the news process? I'm standing by......
Maybe they're just better at remaining secret?

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 9 August 2014, 09:22
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCOM View Post
Can anyone please let me know of a "Secret Conservative Journalist Group" that is coordinating/colluding/corrupting the news process? I'm standing by......
Stewart Baker would probably know.
Old 9 August 2014, 11:17
Been There Done That

SSDD...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wolf.jpg (100.3 KB, 261 views)
Old 9 August 2014, 12:41
RIP SOTB and Cass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
For the most part, the fight to 'defeat them' lies in the next generation. Which they know, and is why they cling so heavily to schools and newspapers. Schools is where they start demonizing guns (as per Eric Holder's plan), and implanting collectivist bullshit. Control of the newspapers and other forms of information media allows them then to stifle any opposing viewpoint. Liberal academia fabricates/slants data to support their view point and the media serves as the vector to disseminate that information.
There was a time when this would have been seen for what it is.

Sedition.

"And thus I clothe my naked villainy with old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil."

- Shakespeare, Richard III.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did."

-T.E. Lawrence, "Seven Pillars of Wisdom".
Old 9 August 2014, 12:58
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofthedesert View Post
There was a time when this would have been seen for what it is.

Sedition.
Yeah there was also a time when people knew the difference between sedition and what is now just deceptively called "well, that's just your point of view". Otherwise known as moral relativism. It's what enables shitheels to have sympathy for Hamas and others. Which then manifests itself into a quiet form of blind quasi-support for the people that want to kill every man, woman, and child in America. And then the rest of the spineless, self-hating, oikiophobic nihilists can get off by proclaiming about how "enlightened" they are over everyone else.

I'm sure they'd actually allow themselves to be beheaded and then apologize beforehand for offending them, and for getting blood all over "that beautiful prayer rug".
Old 10 August 2014, 07:57
BTDT

Y'all realize that this entire site, save for B5R () would be arrested for sedition today, if we go by what you two just wrote, right?

America - 1st Amendment = Say what you want.

Brandenburg v. Ohio = Even to the point of advocating violence... as long as there is no imminence.

IMO, sedition statutes are gay as hell anyway. What the heck does Jefferson's "Tree of Liberty" mean then?

Our new posting rules