Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Air Force Special Operations > Pararescue (PJs)

Old 13 November 2014, 12:12

Respond please

I am a Sophomore at Cave Spring High School. I am a Cadet Tech Sgt. in teh AFJROTC. I was told that the best way to learn about the career i want to follow was to speak with actual members in that career field. I want to be a PJ after high school and after i enlist in the Air Force. I was wondering if any one could give me any pointers on how to prepare for the PJ INDOC training. Any helpful tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

C/Tech Sgt. Ayersman
Old 13 November 2014, 13:06
Been There Done That

Thumbs up

My first and foremost recommendation is for you to surf on over to www.specialtactics.com and become a member. Then READ and DIGEST the material. The site is run by a retired PJ and he hates when questions are asked by forum members if the material is presented on the site. Thanks for considering a career in the military, and even more so in USAF Pararescue.
Old 13 November 2014, 14:06
The Sagacious One

Start your new career by following basic instructions and posting your introduction in the appropriate thread.

Don't post again until you do.

Welcome to SOCNET.
Old 13 November 2014, 18:46
Been There Done That

Join your High School swim team. I heard on the internet that PJs have to be pretty good swimmers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 13 November 2014, 22:02
Amatuer TerrorAstrologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******** View Post
I am a Sophomore at C****** ******** High School. I am a Cadet Tech Sgt. in teh AFJROTC.

C/Tech Sgt. *******
Pro tip: Don't write your name or specific location on any open internet forum. And also don't make it your screen name. The internet has a very long memory.
"I am going to permit this thread to continue under the following conditions: 1. The original poster will cease posting like he is a skateboarder. 2. The original poster will use the search engine." -magician
Old 14 November 2014, 02:47
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCOM View Post
My first and foremost recommendation is for you to surf on over to www.specialtactics.com and become a member.
The hosting ISP server for specialtactics crashed and burned and it's is down at least until the site owner gets back stateside.

It may be down longer as he did not sustain backups of the site at home so he will need to reconstruct it from scratch.
Old 14 November 2014, 06:23
Been There Done That

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by johca View Post
The hosting ISP server for specialtactics crashed and burned and it's is down at least until the site owner gets back stateside.
Thanks Johca, didn't know that. I hope TE gets it up and running, it was a great resource.
Old 14 November 2014, 11:26

ok i will try to join that server when its back up.
Old 14 November 2014, 13:58
Been There Done That

You wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayersman View Post
I am a Sophomore at Cave Spring High School. I am a Cadet Tech Sgt. in teh AFJROTC. I was told that the best way to learn about the career i want to follow was to speak with actual members in that career field. I want to be a PJ after high school and after i enlist in the Air Force. I was wondering if any one could give me any pointers on how to prepare for the PJ INDOC training. Any helpful tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

C/Tech Sgt. Ayersman
Then a wise man wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
Start your new career by following basic instructions and posting your introduction in the appropriate thread.

Don't post again until you do.

Welcome to SOCNET.
Then, without posting an introduction, you wrote:

Quote:
Good luck on attention to detail drills.
Old 14 November 2014, 14:44
The Sagacious One

Quote:
This is your last warning. Post again without posting an intro and you will go on your first live SOF exfiltration.
Old 14 November 2014, 15:05
Been There Done That

Ayersman, the intro post area is found at http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=281

Regarding the efficiency and effectiveness of "I was told that the best way to learn about the career i want to follow was to speak with actual members in that career field" is unreliable.

The unreliability results from words from others do not adequately convey the day-to-day being there contributing to accomplishing something doing. This unreliability contributes to the high 80% applicant-student combined self eliminate from training and fail to train elimination of which most of such attrition is self elimination (student quits). Everybody getting through BMT and entering into course of entry (PJ Development Course and subsequent PJ Indoc Course) has done the gaming the courses trick and found their hope to go from zero to hero for purposes of getting a girl friend or getting parent's admiration to be beyond their willingness to actually get trained and qualified.

Being a cadet TSgt in JrAFROTC = less than zero. Completing Basic Military Training (BMT) = zero. Being a high school sophomore = less than a high school graduate.

Last edited by johca; 14 November 2014 at 15:13.

Our new posting rules