Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > International Jobs

Old 25 November 2014, 08:55

Armed Security Guard Kandahar

***Office Sloth Approved***

Position: Armed Security Guard (Immediate Need Due to Contract Award)

Position Description Summary:

AEGIS, LLC, a leading international provider of security services is seeking qualified Armed Security Guards. The ASG will provide armed static security services to the US Government on a daily basis. The ASG shall provide the required armed manning at designated Flight line ECPs to detect, identify, report, and guard against unauthorized personnel and contraband, as well as instruments of damage and destruction in order to prevent threats from entering the installation. The Armed Security Guard shall provide the required armed manning at designated internal & external control points and internal & external roving patrols to detect, identify, report, and guard against unauthorized personnel and contraband, as well as, instruments of damage and destruction in order to prevent threats from entering the installation.
Minimum Qualifications:

∑ US Citizen
∑ Familiarity with physical security and access controls matter.
∑ Three (3) years of military or similar police or local guard force experience.
∑ Familiar with contract issued weapons.
∑ Valid US Driverís License
∑ Valid US Passport
∑ Must hold active US Secret Clearance or must have the ability to obtain US Secret Clearance.
∑ Must be able to qualified on primary weapon e.g. Calibers 9mm, 5.56mm, 7.62mm.
∑ Subject to working rotating shifts, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
If interested in the ASG position please send your resume to airfieldrecruiting@aegisworld.us, as well as apply online at http://www.aegisworld.us/careers/ to be considered for employment with Aegis Defense Services LLC.
Old 27 November 2014, 07:34

Whats the salary of this contract
Old 27 November 2014, 10:08
Confirmed User

$163 a day.
Old 27 November 2014, 10:44

Tommy...can you give us more info. Rotation, daily rates, is this a WPS...etc?
Old 27 November 2014, 11:16
Confirmed User

Not a WPS contract. It is DoD.
Asked why it was dishonorable to return without a shield and not without a helmet, the Spartan king, Demaratos (510 - 491) is said to have replied: "Because the latter they put on for their own protection, but the shield for the common good of all." (Plutarch, Mor.220
Old 28 November 2014, 07:01
Moderator Weapons & H2H

I need a job really bad at this time but are you sure an armed guard in Kandahar is only making $163 a day?

Rock

What people think about me is none of my business!

Thai Boxing: The sweetest science....The most brutal fighting sport in the world...Few men are cutout for it.
So for those who are not there is always Jiu-Jitsu.

YEMX
Old 28 November 2014, 07:34
Confirmed User

Yes, $163 a day. I spoke to an Aegis recruiter last Sunday. Also, this contract has an extremely short standup timeframe. Also, I found the actual contract award notice on the DOD website:

Aegis Defense Services, LLC, McLean, Virginia, was awarded a $12,756,407 firm-fixed-price contract for private security services at Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan, with an estimated completion date of Sept. 19, 2015.

Sixteen bids were solicited, with four received.

Fiscal 2015 operations and maintenance (Army) funds in the amount of $12,756,407 are being obligated at the time of the award.

CENTCOM Joint Theater Support Contracting Command - Kandahar is the contracting activity (W91B4L-15-C-0001).

It looks like this contract ends Sep 2015. I am not surprised by the daily rate because Academi is paying $175 a day in Helmond.
Old 28 November 2014, 10:12
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTROCK View Post
I need a job really bad at this time but are you sure an armed guard in Kandahar is only making $163 a day?

Rock

Apply for Aegis' KESF contract. Always short on people.
Asked why it was dishonorable to return without a shield and not without a helmet, the Spartan king, Demaratos (510 - 491) is said to have replied: "Because the latter they put on for their own protection, but the shield for the common good of all." (Plutarch, Mor.220
Old 28 November 2014, 18:06
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

$163 a day, AYFKM......good luck to them filling that shit.

"And thus I clothe my naked villainy with old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil."
- Shakespeare, Richard III.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did."
-T.E. Lawrence, "Seven Pillars of Wisdom".
Old 28 November 2014, 22:11
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofthedesert View Post
You'd be surprised. Guys do it.
Old 29 November 2014, 08:45
Testify to the Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Correct, they wont have any trouble filling this. 163 a day to be in POG city, or 175 a day to be at Dwyer, with nothing...both contracts are a success.
Old 29 November 2014, 11:04
Confirmed User

I've got it from a solid source. They only need 30-40 bodies and have over 50 applicants.
Old 29 November 2014, 11:50
Confirmed User

5831lvn, your info is correct. Initially I heard Aegis needed 32. I believe other companies will provide FEVY, OCN and LN personnel.
Old 29 November 2014, 12:01
Confirmed User

Ninja, any idea who is getting the K9 work ? Is it staying with the incumbent ?
Old 29 November 2014, 12:49
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofthedesert View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
You'd have to be hard up. Thats less than 5k a month!
Old 29 November 2014, 14:00

Hard up is right....that's only $13 and change an hour on a 12 hour day.
Old 29 November 2014, 15:22
Confirmed User

5831lvn, I don't know specifically about the K-9 component but I have posted the link for the RFI on this contract which was posted in Oct 2014:

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...881256717f1760

Also, this portion actually breaks down the personnel required for this contract:

“The proposed acquisition is expected to be a firm fixed price contract for a ten (10) month base period, which includes a sixty (45-60) day mobilization period (estimated), and no option periods. The requirement calls for an approximate of 500-600 guards, armorers, and management personnel; no less than 30% of which must be FVEY Expatriates, with the remaining 70% from an allowable ISAF Troop Contributing Nation: http://www.nato.int/ISAF/structure/nations/index.html”
Old 29 November 2014, 17:47
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftballDad View Post
Hard up is right....that's only $13 and change an hour on a 12 hour day.
Wacky-hut will pay you that for armed work. Stateside. Most major offices will have extra hours available if you want them and will come whenever they call at short notice. When you become known for that they will call you all the time. Most private security companies are like that. Armed work pays better than unarmed.

Any city with a Federal Building/Courthouse has contract armed guards that work for DHS. $20/hr. or so. Mil background a definite plus.

"And thus I clothe my naked villainy with old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil."
- Shakespeare, Richard III.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did."
-T.E. Lawrence, "Seven Pillars of Wisdom".
Old 1 December 2014, 20:33
Been There Done That

Keep in mind, with tax free, living expenses paid for, etc. that salary is much higher than most police officers, EMT/Paramedics, Firefighters, security guards are paid in the USA.

It is, at least if you are single, how much take home pay you bring home in a year. I can tell you, that when I was a professional firefighter, I was pocketing only several hundred dollars a month, after taxes and living expenses (rent, car payment, food, utilities, etc) on a $40,000 salary. Most Fire Depts and LE Department in Indiana start out in high $30s, and low $40s, and average pay is mid $40s once established. Indiana Conservation Officers start out at $37K per year for example. My old Fire Department, starts out at $41K currently.

So for many, going to work for this salary, for a year or two, and pocketing $50 - $100K is not a bad deal at all. It is no longer 2004-2008.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2 December 2014, 11:04
Confirmed User

Not to be cynical, but when the troops are all gone, and the Taliban resume taking control of Afghanistan I wonder how many will be sticking around for that pay after the complex attacks start.

Our new posting rules