Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > International Jobs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 21 November 2016, 06:41
Hot Mess's Avatar
Hot Mess Hot Mess is online now
In Vino Veritas
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Where you vacation
Posts: 10,466
You chose that for your second post...
__________________
Come on boys, you got to do it right, pray to the moon in the middle of the night
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 21 November 2016, 08:03
The Fat Guy's Avatar
The Fat Guy The Fat Guy is offline
The Sagacious One
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pushing string down the hall
Posts: 13,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by thugnificent_OAF View Post
when you say "no disrespect intended" what follows is most always disrespectful
Read more, post less, not a request.
__________________
No one will take better care of us, than us: Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 21 November 2016, 08:06
Silverbullet's Avatar
Silverbullet Silverbullet is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Bunker
Posts: 14,254
Unless I missed something, I think he was agreeing with my point.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 21 November 2016, 11:42
keller keller is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoutsOut View Post
It sounds like you are talking about WPS.
WPS is $338 per day now?
__________________
"You are what you dare"
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 21 November 2016, 13:01
ScoutsOut ScoutsOut is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: OCONUS
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by keller View Post
WPS is $338 per day now?
The leave rotation he mentioned was 15 weeks on and 5 off, 105/35. That is the rotation that the bulk of WPS is doing currently.

Regarding the pay, there are various positions with different pay rates. I don't know what they all are but $338 is probably right for some of the CLINs.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 21 November 2016, 14:22
keller keller is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoutsOut View Post
The leave rotation he mentioned was 15 weeks on and 5 off, 105/35. That is the rotation that the bulk of WPS is doing currently.

Regarding the pay, there are various positions with different pay rates. I don't know what they all are but $338 is probably right for some of the CLINs.
I agree, the rotation sounds the same. I had thought $400 was the avg. Thanks for the reply.

Sorry if this was too far off topic mods.
__________________
"You are what you dare"
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 21 November 2016, 16:50
O_Pos's Avatar
O_Pos O_Pos is offline
NKDA
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ----
Posts: 1,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
You chose that for your second post...
Sweet username though

Thugnificent, if you are on here to network and get a job, may want to change the name before you get written-off by the company leadership that is in abundance here.
__________________
Support the Special Operations Medical Association Scholarship Fund
http://www.specialoperationsmedicine.org/Pages/Scholarship-Fund.aspx
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 22 November 2016, 02:55
thugnificent_OAF thugnificent_OAF is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Killeen, Texas
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
Unless I missed something, I think he was agreeing with my point.

I was.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 22 November 2016, 03:01
thugnificent_OAF thugnificent_OAF is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Killeen, Texas
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Pos View Post
Sweet username though

Thugnificent, if you are on here to network and get a job, may want to change the name before you get written-off by the company leadership that is in abundance here.
Why is my name inappropriate?
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 22 November 2016, 03:02
thugnificent_OAF thugnificent_OAF is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Killeen, Texas
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
You chose that for your second post...
I was agreing with him.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 22 November 2016, 05:59
OfficeSloth's Avatar
OfficeSloth OfficeSloth is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South of the North Pole
Posts: 2,246
Everyone needs to knock it off.

This is a jobs board to help people find work.

It's not here to give people another forum to talk trash.

It's not here to post hearsay, and second, or third hand information.

If you have an issue with what someone posted, take it into a private discussion, or alert one of the Admins/Moderators.

Keep the posts on topic, relevant to the discussion and fact based.
__________________
OS

Last edited by OfficeSloth; 22 November 2016 at 08:42.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 22 November 2016, 23:31
ENSO ENSO is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 38 SMB
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardknocks View Post
Apply for Aegis' KESF contract. Always short on people.
Any idea the pay on the KESF?
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 22 November 2016, 23:50
hardknocks hardknocks is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: here and there
Posts: 210
Varies by CLIN
__________________
Asked why it was dishonorable to return without a shield and not without a helmet, the Spartan king, Demaratos (510 - 491) is said to have replied: "Because the latter they put on for their own protection, but the shield for the common good of all." (Plutarch, Mor.220
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 23 November 2016, 14:14
O_Pos's Avatar
O_Pos O_Pos is offline
NKDA
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ----
Posts: 1,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficeSloth View Post
Everyone needs to knock it off.

This is a jobs board to help people find work.

It's not here to give people another forum to talk trash.

It's not here to post hearsay, and second, or third hand information.

If you have an issue with what someone posted, take it into a private discussion, or alert one of the Admins/Moderators.

Keep the posts on topic, relevant to the discussion and fact based.
My bad. I'll can it. It's just been super quiet here without SOTB. RIP.
__________________
Support the Special Operations Medical Association Scholarship Fund
http://www.specialoperationsmedicine.org/Pages/Scholarship-Fund.aspx
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 19 April 2017, 02:17
Dano Dano is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: NM
Posts: 8
Good day gents, question.
For the contracts on the static side; the companies working in the Afghan area, I know that it is possible to leave back stateside before end of contract. However, I just would like some input on how this process works? Just get a plane ticket on own dime and fly out? Just asking because it is afghan, and I just want to plan in the event should other opportunities open up while I would be there.
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 19 April 2017, 07:52
ArnoldA ArnoldA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Posts: 1
KESF Senior Guards are currently at 381.47 a day. No pay on your off day.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 19 April 2017, 09:13
MedicFL MedicFL is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: OCONUS
Posts: 26
It all depends on the contract. DOS? DOD? The problem is if your using a clearance for one company another company cannot pick it up until you have quit and left that company. Its not an over night process. Some contracts if you give 30 days notice will still buy you a plane ticket. Read your contract when you sign it it will spell out how they handle that. But it is a good way to burn bridges to start contract hoping and not full filling your obligations.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 20 April 2017, 10:55
BulletAim BulletAim is offline
It is what it is...
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Keep in mind, with tax free, living expenses paid for, etc. that salary is much higher than most police officers, EMT/Paramedics, Firefighters, security guards are paid in the USA.

It is, at least if you are single, how much take home pay you bring home in a year. I can tell you, that when I was a professional firefighter, I was pocketing only several hundred dollars a month, after taxes and living expenses (rent, car payment, food, utilities, etc) on a $40,000 salary. Most Fire Depts and LE Department in Indiana start out in high $30s, and low $40s, and average pay is mid $40s once established. Indiana Conservation Officers start out at $37K per year for example. My old Fire Department, starts out at $41K currently.

So for many, going to work for this salary, for a year or two, and pocketing $50 - $100K is not a bad deal at all. It is no longer 2004-2008.
Not questioning your knowledge, and no disrespect intended. i'm simply curious, if I assume that they pay $162 per day is it a safe assumption that it is that way because there's no promise that you'll be there to receive a paycheck tomorrow? With that being asked, how "worth it" would the job be? As a security guard here, I only make $9.50 an hour, so the pay that they're offering is much better than mine by as as it is.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 20 April 2017, 13:04
RGR.Montcalm's Avatar
RGR.Montcalm RGR.Montcalm is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Clearing fields of fire
Posts: 10,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletAim View Post
Not questioning your knowledge, and no disrespect intended. i'm simply curious, if I assume that they pay $162 per day is it a safe assumption that it is that way because there's no promise that you'll be there to receive a paycheck tomorrow? With that being asked, how "worth it" would the job be? As a security guard here, I only make $9.50 an hour, so the pay that they're offering is much better than mine by as as it is.
Sounds like you answered your own question.

9.50 x 8= $76 162/76= 2.13 times your current pay (assuming an 8 hour shift) if it is a 12 hour shirt then it works out like this:

9.50 x 12= $114/day 162/114= 1.42 times your current rate;

this doesn't take into account no transportation, lodging, or meal cost...

Not a bad gig if you're looking to put away some money...

Just my .02
__________________
Shallow men believe in luck; strong men believe in cause and effect
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 20 April 2017, 15:18
MedicFL MedicFL is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: OCONUS
Posts: 26
162 per day is paid 6 days per week as you have one day off a week. Now your working 72 hours a week which if you were in the US is overtime. Some contracts will pay you on your day off.. But not all.

You get 30 days of leave in a year normally. So doing the math:

162 x say 365-30 (vacation) - another 48 days off in the year that puts us at about say

162x 287ish = $46,494 before taxes you still have to pay social security and medicare/Medicaid taxes. This job is about 35-40 bring home for working an entire 11 months straight.

I agree if you have no wife no kids and no expenses back in the US not a bad deal. But if your still paying on a car, car insurance, and house its not a very good deal at all.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
SOCNET