Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Fitness

Old 16 March 2015, 10:57
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk14 View Post
The perks of dropping weight...your sex drive goes through the roof. Either your forearm(s) will look like popeye or the horizontal cardio will become a more frequent event...keep it going Steve...Have you learned proper compound lifting technique? This will help you as far as full body workout(s) and break you off the international chest day known as Monday.
Drive and flexibilty are much improved for us both. As for the forearms, if I won't have sex with myself, how can I expect anyone else to?

I am ignorant to the compound lifting technique. Off to Bing I go.
Old 23 March 2015, 08:55
Confirmed User

Weekly update- I broke the 300 mark on the scale, 297.8 as of this morning.

My energy level is ridiculous compared to before. A new development is I am not sleeping as restfully as before.

Everything I've read, and been told tells me to keep my water intake up so I've been using the weight/two= water intake in ounces. This keeps me pissing like it's my job, but following the advice my dad repeatedly gave me of "never pass up the opportunity to take a piss, or take a nap"
Old 23 March 2015, 10:06
Confirmed User

A change in your sleep habits might be indicative of over-training....if it continues back off a little bit and see if it helps.
Old 23 March 2015, 15:17
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post

My energy level is ridiculous compared to before. A new development is I am not sleeping as restfully as before.
I sleep like ass so I can't help there. However, when I was at language during the Q course I was working out 3-4 times a day. I had so much freakin' energy I couldn't go to sleep before midnight and then I'd be up at 6 or 7 ready to go.

Maybe you've turned your body into so much of a furnace that you're metabolism just won't slow down?
Old 23 March 2015, 22:34
Spice Weasel

I have trouble sleeping after a race or heavy workout. Pisses me off --I'm exhausted and can't wind down enough to sleep. Could be something similar. Try getting on a regular sleep schedule and stick to it. Diphenhydramine can be your friend in a pinch, although I try to avoid sleep aids unless I'm really screwed up.

Concerning water, if you're constantly urinating, it's just going through you. Increase your salt/electrolyte intake a bit and it will hydrate you better.
Old 24 March 2015, 10:06
Confirmed User

Well you are conducting extra activities at night.......good job on the loss. How is the lifting going?
Old 24 March 2015, 11:41
Confirmed User

Quote:
Well you are conducting extra activities at night.......good job on the loss. How is the lifting going?
I start with lifting with a buddy on Monday. He's a bit of a muscle head and I asked about compound lifting and he said it's easier for him to show me than to tell me. I just need to put brakes on his truck.
Old 30 March 2015, 10:29
Confirmed User

Weekly update- while I am not so much focused on the scale it is merely a report card. As of this morning it read 292.2. My old 46" jeans are actually a little loose now. I can comfortably carry a G30 IWB in them and still bend, squat,sit, etc...

With the help of a friend I starting using the compound lifting technique as suggested. In his words "you've been lifting like a pussy!" It was rough but I survived.

The Biggest Loser contest at the office ends tomorrow and I was tempted to all but fast, but the $360 isn't worth it.

Meal prep has been one of the biggest aides in the process. We spent a few hours last night cooking chicken venison, brown rice, and chopping veggies for the week.

We steamed some chicken and tossed it in the ninja with some Walden Farms (0cal, sugar free) BBQ sauce, and chopped onions. It's not quite like real BBQ, but it is good.
Old 31 March 2015, 10:19
Confirmed User

Great job Steve...and was the deadlifting anything like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaYX-7emO4U

(NSFW)
Old 31 March 2015, 11:04
Confirmed User

Quote:

(NSFW)
That was pretty funny, and my buddy is almost as intense but doesn't use "bro" and sack taps anyone that does.
Old 31 March 2015, 15:59
BTDT

Quote:

(NSFW)
Dom Mazetti (that character) is funny as shit! I love that channel.
Old 31 March 2015, 20:14
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Dom Mazetti (that character) is funny as shit! I love that channel.
Same here..as a fellow Jersian its interesting how accurate he is about some gym go-ers...
Old 31 March 2015, 20:22
Puttin' on the foil

Dom is the man

Swol Team 6
Old 6 April 2015, 09:52
Confirmed User

Weekly update. The scale read 290.1lbs this morning. I didn't do any workouts except Friday morning. I spent a lot of the three day weekend working on vehicles, and took a nice five mile hike with the kids at State Park in the Poconos. Actually ate half of a turkey and cheese hoagie Saturday, and snuck a few Hershey Special Dark Miniatures.

What a difference a few pounds makes. My wife drives a 2005 Excursion with a 4"lift and 33's. Lifting the tires back onto the hubs used to consist of sitting down and resting them on my thighs to push them up. This weeked I was squatting like a catcher lifting the tires with no effort. Typically spending a few days working on vehicles would leave me useless for days. This is no longer the case. I was up at 0430 to work out this morning.

My wife gave me he old FitBit and I've logged over 20K steps a day for the past week between morning workouts, lunchtime walks at work, and normal activities.

The Biggest Loser contest at worked ended with me as the winner. Starting weight of 361.2, ending weight if 294 for a 22.86% loss. $360 temporarily in my pocket, then onto my car for tires.
Old 6 April 2015, 10:06
Confirmed User

Good stuff Steve. What you lost, I gained a 1/4 of it (on purpose) in 2 months and change (LOL). Keep going.
Old 6 April 2015, 10:38
Confirmed User

Quote:
Good stuff Steve. What you lost, I gained a 1/4 of it (on purpose) in 2 months and change (LOL). Keep going.
I am not so concerned with the weight, but the fat. It's already paying off in energy and flexibilty gains.
Old 6 April 2015, 10:51
Another pool cleaner

That's awesome.

You didn't lose fat, you gained some life.

Keep at it.

You can always get better.
Old 6 April 2015, 10:52
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
The Biggest Loser contest at worked ended with me as the winner. Starting weight of 361.2, ending weight if 294 for a 22.86% loss. $360 temporarily in my pocket, then onto my car for tires.
Well done. That takes a lot of motivation.
Old 6 April 2015, 11:46
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Weekly update. The scale read 290.1lbs this morning. I didn't do any workouts except Friday morning. I spent a lot of the three day weekend working on vehicles, and took a nice five mile hike with the kids at State Park in the Poconos. Actually ate half of a turkey and cheese hoagie Saturday, and snuck a few Hershey Special Dark Miniatures.

What a difference a few pounds makes. My wife drives a 2005 Excursion with a 4"lift and 33's. Lifting the tires back onto the hubs used to consist of sitting down and resting them on my thighs to push them up. This weeked I was squatting like a catcher lifting the tires with no effort. Typically spending a few days working on vehicles would leave me useless for days. This is no longer the case. I was up at 0430 to work out this morning.

My wife gave me he old FitBit and I've logged over 20K steps a day for the past week between morning workouts, lunchtime walks at work, and normal activities.

Great Job Steve,

Thanks for sharing your story.
Old 6 April 2015, 11:56
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Starting weight of 361.2, ending weight if 294 for a 22.86% loss.
From Feb 13 to April 6?

Awesome.

Our new posting rules