Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Fitness

Old 6 April 2015, 12:28
Drawing my cutlass

Awesome work, Steve. You've got a team of people rooting for you.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Old 6 April 2015, 13:53
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
From Feb 13 to April 6?

Awesome.

From January 25 to March 31.

Thank you.
Old 6 April 2015, 14:30
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
The Biggest Loser contest at worked ended with me as the winner. Starting weight of 361.2, ending weight if 294 for a 22.86% loss. $360 temporarily in my pocket, then onto my car for tires.
HOLY FUCKING SHIT! That's impressive! Congrats!
Old 6 April 2015, 16:21
Confirmed User

Out-Fucking-Standing. Congratulations, steve.

Kudos for making the commitment and sticking to it.
Old 6 April 2015, 20:48
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
From January 25 to March 31.

Thank you.
Outstanding.

My SM feed is always full of people complaining about how they are fat but instead of doing something about it they are sitting on their asses complaining about how they are fat.

Some people do somethng about the things they want to change. Like you.

Coongrats
Old 6 April 2015, 21:20
Been There Done That

Congratulations, Steve. Continue on this path!

One thing I would recommend is to get rid of any clothes that start getting baggy. It removes the ability to comfortably fill out clothes you should never fit back into.

I won't buy pants or shirts over a certain size. No matter what I'm doing or how my life is going, I will not buy "bigger" clothes. It keeps me accountable.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 6 April 2015, 22:35
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedLoad View Post
No matter what I'm doing or how my life is going, I will not buy "bigger" clothes.
And it shows
Old 7 April 2015, 09:32
Confirmed User

Quote:
Congratulations, Steve. Continue on this path!

One thing I would recommend is to get rid of any clothes that start getting baggy. It removes the ability to comfortably fill out clothes you should never fit back into.

I won't buy pants or shirts over a certain size. No matter what I'm doing or how my life is going, I will not buy "bigger" clothes. It keeps me accountable.
Thank you. I was cinching the old 52's with my belt until I felt comfortable in the 46's. My wife told me I looked like shit and was wearing a demin sack. One of the VP's at work, a former Marine, told me "you're making great stride, don't fuck it up looking like a soup sandwich, get some pants that fit".

I donated all of the fatter clothes to the clothing drive for my daughter's team. It was bittersweet because I bought a bunch of shorts last summer. The fat boy jeans, and my suit are in the bag to go to Care and Share this weekend.

My old belt almost wraps 1.5 times around me to my spine now.

Thanks again for the encouragement, support, and advice.
Old 8 April 2015, 15:05
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Thank you. I was cinching the old 52's with my belt until I felt comfortable in the 46's. My wife told me I looked like shit and was wearing a demin sack. One of the VP's at work, a former Marine, told me "you're making great stride, don't fuck it up looking like a soup sandwich, get some pants that fit".

I donated all of the fatter clothes to the clothing drive for my daughter's team. It was bittersweet because I bought a bunch of shorts last summer. The fat boy jeans, and my suit are in the bag to go to Care and Share this weekend.

My old belt almost wraps 1.5 times around me to my spine now.

Thanks again for the encouragement, support, and advice.
Good job! Keep it up.
"When he reached the New World, Cortez burned his ships. As a result his men were well motivated." - Captain Ramius, Hunt for the Red October
Get those fat close the fuck out of your house and don't ever let them come back!
Old 14 April 2015, 09:23
Confirmed User

Steve,

Either you are busy or slacking......
Old 20 April 2015, 10:29
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk14 View Post
Steve,

Either you are busy or slacking......
Not slacking, I was in KC all week and running all weekend. The last time I got on the scale it read 285lbs. The 46" pants have been retired in favor of 42". I ran half of a 5K on the treadmill at the hotel, can actually do real pushups again, and the kids on the team are scared they are going to lose their bet with me.
Previously I had to work at buckling my seatbelt on the plane. There is now room to spare.
Old 20 April 2015, 12:22
Another pool cleaner

You are well on your way to being half the man you were!
Old 20 April 2015, 23:08
Been There Done That

Thumbs up

Quote:
Not slacking, I was in KC all week and running all weekend. The last time I got on the scale it read 285lbs. The 46" pants have been retired in favor of 42". I ran half of a 5K on the treadmill at the hotel, can actually do real pushups again, and the kids on the team are scared they are going to lose their bet with me.
Previously I had to work at buckling my seatbelt on the plane. There is now room to spare.
That's a great update. Nice work!

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 22 April 2015, 09:09
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post
You are well on your way to being half the man you were!
I'm shooting for 55% actually, the ultimate goal is 200lbs.

Quote:
That's a great update. Nice work!
Thank you.

As of last night I can comfortably carry my G30S IWB in my 42" jeans.

Thanks again for all of the advice and support.
Old 25 April 2015, 21:58
jump fiend

Damn dude, you are crushing it!

Stick with it and keep us posted. It's helping remind me that 15-20lbs...while not much, easily snowballs.
Grief comes, but time will ease the pain.
Life ends, but death cannot erase it.
In memory, they will always remain.
Old 27 April 2015, 10:11
Confirmed User

Weekly update the scale showed 281lbs this morning. 80lbs total loss, 80 more to go. I am officially at the halfway mark.

I've been running wide open since Friday so I didn't eat the way I should over the weeked. I ate all good foods, just not enough and my body reminded me to put some fuel in the tank.

In the quest to see my garage floor I did some PM on the family bicycles to add another variable to workouts. I successfully replaced the exhaust on my Impala on my back. This is not such an accomplishment in and of itself. Me scurrying my fat ass under the car on jackstands and ramps with room to spare and room to move was the accomplishment.

While working out yesterday morning my daughter said "wow dad, you can actually see muscles in your arms now" I almost wept.

As much I used to riducle people with, wearing the FitBit really makes me keep moving even when I want to plop. Although those urges are few and far between because I feel like I am wasting time if I am not doing something.
Old 27 April 2015, 10:29
Confirmed User

Great job Steve! Sooner or later you will need to throw a refeed in there, especially since you are losing so much! If you feel you are getting drained, throw in a day with high carb, same amount of protein you usually intake, and low fat. By high carb I mean 300 grams +. I usually do this with pasta and a low fat cereal such as apple jacks or fruit loops. Keep going!
Old 28 April 2015, 09:38
Confirmed User

First off great job Steve. I do have a question concerning protein intake per page three starting at post #45. I'm down 15lbs since Jan but I don't think I'm taking in enough protein, MyFitnessPal is calling for 108g/day, eattoperform.com calls for 255g/day and I saw a calc (maybe bodybuilder.com) that called for .78 of total bodyweight which equates to 198g/day so I have a wide variation. At present I'm 6'1", 255, 47, cardio 4 times a week and lifting (very moderate, light weight per doctors orders) 3 times per week plus pushups, situps and bodyweight squats 3 x week. I think I need to up the protein but not sure how much - I've purchased the Isopure low carb protein powder based on input from another thread. Any advice appreciated. Thx.

Last edited by RemTech; 28 April 2015 at 09:40. Reason: suck at typing and proofreading
Old 28 April 2015, 09:51
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemTech View Post
First off great job Steve. I do have a question concerning protein intake per page three starting at post #45. I'm down 15lbs since Jan but I don't think I'm taking in enough protein, MyFitnessPal is calling for 108g/day, eattoperform.com calls for 255g/day and I saw a calc (maybe bodybuilder.com) that called for .78 of total bodyweight which equates to 198g/day so I have a wide variation. At present I'm 6'1", 255, 47, cardio 4 times a week and lifting (very moderate, light weight per doctors orders) 3 times per week plus pushups, situps and bodyweight squats 3 x week. I think I need to up the protein but not sure how much - I've purchased the Isopure low carb protein powder based on input from another thread. Any advice appreciated. Thx.
What makes you think you're not taking in enough protein? I'm assuming from what you posted that your goal is to lose weight. If you want to lose weight, eat paleo-ish. Stay away from the carbs. Eat clean food. I wouldn't obsess about protein given your current goals.
Old 28 April 2015, 13:04
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemTech View Post
First off great job Steve. I do have a question concerning protein intake per page three starting at post #45. input from another thread. Any advice appreciated. Thx.
I'll defer to those more knowledgeable than I. I am no position to advise anyone. Thanks for the kudos just the same.

Our new posting rules