Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 15 August 2015, 10:39
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cspillk9
If nothing else good comes of this maybe fewer people, especially women, will go to ISIS thinking they are a better way of life....
I realize you are combining different concepts, but if I were writing what you wrote, I would have been careful to emphasize that Ms Mueller didn't "go to ISIS"....
Old 15 August 2015, 10:46
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
I realize you are combining different concepts, but if I were writing what you wrote, I would have been careful to emphasize that Ms Mueller didn't "go to ISIS"....
Good point SOTB. She was a volunteer to help people in many dangerous places around the world, and NOT a ISIS recruit. I did not intend to insinuate that and glad you caught it. Thanks.
Old 15 August 2015, 10:53
Un-confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
We can only hope we get a CIC that understands how to fight and win.
...or at least listen to the the people who do. Hell, I'll take that.
Old 15 August 2015, 13:25
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedLoad View Post
Since one of the members here got sensitive about my comments, I'll post his question and my reply for all to see.

You should have posted your question on the open forum.

The reason being that those dudes have a real soft spot for white women and guys for that matter.

The way I've seen Arabs treat black people is text book racism. They call them monkeys and view them as lower life forms. That disdain shines through loud and clear anywhere in the world where Arabs control black people. As for the Latinas, Asian-American women and any other minority you can think of...they're simply not as exciting as a white chick. Just the way it works over there.

It's not in the least bit surprising that the Caliph himself would rape her as the prize possession while the other savages get to sexually abuse Yazidi girls.

Has nothing to do with racism on my part and everything with reality on the ground.
I wasn't accusing you of racism, I was merely asking why you singled out White American Women as more susceptible to rape by ISIS. Yes I am aware that racism against Blacks is pervasive in Arab culture, just as it is in many cultures, including our own. With that being said I think ANY American in the hands of ISIS will face an ugly end.
Old 15 August 2015, 13:36
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass View Post
My view is that when one walks into a lion's den one must expect what the lion has to offer.

In this case the young woman for humanitarian reasons that I applaud, she went to an area known for danger. Unfortunately she got what she bargained for.

But her humanitarian efforts plus her citizenship does not lift her to the level of having any more American young men killed in a Sneak/Peek/Kill.
I agree, several cases come to mind. Remember the "college kids" who decided they wanted to hike along the Iraq Iran border during the height of the war? How about the nitwit "reporters" who set out to hike along the South and North Korea border? Or The "freelance reporter Foley" who was beheaded after he chose to go back Into the insurgency after being released from an earlier capture?

There are limits to what a nation is obligated to do protect or rescue its citizens who voluntarily go into harms way, when they have warned not to do so.
Old 15 August 2015, 13:56
What could possibly go wrong?

Terrible that it happened. But.....she knew the risks going in with these scum and I sure knew what would happen if she was captured....and unfortunately it did.
Old 15 August 2015, 15:33
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAT View Post
I agree, several cases come to mind. Remember the "college kids" who decided they wanted to hike along the Iraq Iran border during the height of the war?
Sigh.

They didn't want to "hike along the border". As a matter of fact they weren't even close to it.

Here's a brain exercise for all who believe that silliness:

1. Google Quds Force + American Hikers.

2. Imagine them applying their capabilities.

3. Let those two bits of information shake in your brain housing group for ten seconds (MMV).

If your brain concludes that it's not always as black and white as say... Iranian national television makes it seem... then you can congratulate yourself on superior analytical capabilities. If it doesn't you can always educate yourself by reading available OS material completely shredding that thinly veiled propaganda piece that lots of people bought hook, line and sinker...

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 15 August 2015, 17:50
Confirmed User

No message. Screw up.

Last edited by Steve509; 15 August 2015 at 17:56.
Old 15 August 2015, 22:16
Confirmed User

Sarah Shourds in her 2011 NY Times OP Ed Piece said they were "hiking somewhere near the country’s (Iran) unmarked border with Iraqi Kurdistan." OK I will meet you half way and change my wording from "hiking along the Iraq-Iran Border" to "vacationing in Iraq during an armed insurgency".

They are still nitwits and the substance of my observation hasn't changed. While you are googling her and her compatriots notice that she isn't a big fan of the USA and makes numerous analogies between her incarceration in Iran and the US Justice System. I guess all that time she spent working as a peace observer with the Zapatista Movement in Mexico and the year she spent teaching and living in a Palestinian Refugee Camp in Damascus didn't forge a greater appreciation for the USA?

With all that being said I would not have advocated a military operation to rescue her nor I would I have expended much political capital to negotiate her release.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/06/op...tude.html?_r=1
Old 15 August 2015, 22:32
Been There Done That

Quote:
Sarah Shourds in her 2011 NY Times OP Ed Piece said they were "hiking somewhere near the country’s (Iran) unmarked border with Iraqi Kurdistan." OK I will meet you half way and change my wording from "hiking along the Iraq-Iran Border" to "vacationing in Iraq during an armed insurgency".

They are still nitwits and the substance of my observation hasn't changed. ....
Her opinions on the US have fuck-all to do with your continually incorrect statements. "Vacationing in Iraq during an armed insurgency"...?

Have you ever been to Kurdistan? Possibly during "the insurgency in Iraq"? I doubt that you have. Matter of fact your statements qualify that as a definitive no.

But don't ask me about the hikers or the AO. I wasn't anywhere near them when this happened.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 16 August 2015, 08:28
Administrator

Quote:
While you are googling her a
He wasn't googling her. He told you to do it.

I don't agree that any of them used the best judgement either, however, you may want to step back and check yourself. It's apparent you haven't picked up on who is who and their associated background here.
Old 16 August 2015, 09:29
Been There Done That

Quote:
I wasn't accusing you of racism, I was merely asking why you singled out White American Women as more susceptible to rape by ISIS. Yes I am aware that racism against Blacks is pervasive in Arab culture, just as it is in many cultures, including our own. With that being said I think ANY American in the hands of ISIS will face an ugly end.
Are you for real? You don't see how White women are coveted worldwide as targets for sexual violence? Is the epidemic of gang rapes perpetrated by pakistanis in England, Somalis in Sweden and Turks in Belgium not enough for you to see how these savages yearn for the chance to defile the women of their enemy?
If 10,000 snakes were coming down that aisle now, and I had a door that I could shut, and in that 10,000, 1,000 meant right, 1,000 rattlesnakes didn't want to bite me, I knew they were good... Should I let all these rattlesnakes come down, or should I just close the door and stay safe?
- Muhammad Ali #MakeAmericaGreatAgain
Old 16 August 2015, 09:33
Authorized Personnel

These barbarians will continue to do middle ages shit until somebody kills them. So far they have raped, burnt, blown up, beheaded etc with impunity. Until the rest of the world gets fed up and kills them it will continue. If there is another solution I'm not seeing it.
Old 16 August 2015, 09:57
The Sagacious One

Quote:
With all that being said I would not have advocated a military operation to rescue her nor I would I have expended much political capital to negotiate her release.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/06/op...tude.html?_r=1
Your statement epitomizes the difference between MIL and LE. You think that you get to decide who can exercise their rights and who cannot, and that the exercising of those rights only goes so far as officer safety or whatever other patch you use to cover up cowardice as well as your overall sensitive proclivities.

Yea, you might play dress up to look like us, but your insistence on determining who can and cannot enjoy their Bill of Rights falls sadly short of our efforts.
Old 16 August 2015, 11:00
Confirmed User

I remember when it seemed the whole country went wild about this spoiled brat....

I don't see an issue with us caring about and trying to get someone like Kayla Mueller out, and dealing with her captors harshly.

But then again this administration just struck a "historic" deal with Iran and didn't bother to address the matter of 4 Americans being held captive, one being a former Marine who served in Iraq.
Old 16 August 2015, 11:05
Violent Social Worker

I can't believe officer safety got a mention in a thread on ISIS raping white girls. Socnet bingo.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 16 August 2015, 12:00
Swimming Upstream

So, when I worked in Iraq in 2005, I often had to walk by a line of Iraqis waiting to be screened prior to entering the worksite at the embassy. I dreaded having to pass them enroute to the gym or chow, because they all stared and the way they looked at me (I was in civvys while downrange) was malevolent...it felt awful, like they were a pack of wolves. It was not playful or flirtatious like passing a bunch of Americans or Latinos for that matter; it was evil (that's the only way I know how to describe it). I was always glad to have my Sig. with me.

So I get what some folks here are talking about.
Old 16 August 2015, 12:09
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

In '03 I traveled to Norway, and was sitting on a park bench in Oslo while the rest of my party was inside stores shopping. Next to me sat two Arabs, who proceeded to stare and froth at the mouth at every white woman that walked by (its Norway, everyone is white -- save the Arabs, whom the Norwegians have given refuge -- idiots, LOL).

I'm not exaggerating with my comment above per the Arabs' actions -- they literally raped each woman and talked excitedly (in Arabic, obviously) about them.

I finally had enough and asked them if they spoke English. They did -- perfect. I then proceeded to tell them that the chicks in question were out of their league, because they were simple camel fucking cunts and that the women reflected a level of evolution that was beyond the comprehension of these cave dwelling asshats. I then invited them to disagree with me, and pointed out there were two of them and only one of me.

Pussies wouldn't bite.

Yes, I'm prejudiced against Arabs. I admit it. I offer no apologies....

Last edited by SOTB; 16 August 2015 at 12:29. Reason: Forgot a "y"
Old 16 August 2015, 14:07
Authorized Personnel

I've given up contracting in the middle east specifically because I'm done dealing with Arabs, on any level. Color me a racist or whatever, I am done with them, period.
Old 16 August 2015, 15:04
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
I've given up contracting in the middle east specifically because I'm done dealing with Arabs, on any level. Color me a racist or whatever, I am done with them, period.
Yeah, the ME would be great if weren't for all the damn Arabs!

Our new posting rules