Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 13 January 2017, 16:06
Confirmed User

The Al Ahwaz brigade launched attacks against IRGC troops two days ago and pledged to increase actions throughout 2017 (Al Ahwaz are extremist Sunnis based in the south western area of Iran)

PDKI attacked a checkpoint yesterday with dshka fire. Unconfirmed deaths on irgc side. PDKI had no wounded or killed.
Old 13 January 2017, 18:29
Confirmed User

And in 2010/2011 they tried to kill me too. But Hiwqani is nationalist over Islamist 90% of the time. They see jihas as a requirement against coalition forces (fuckers tried to kill me in 2010 with ied ) but they are not islamists according to us definition. They are seperatists and should be treated as such. Our gov by using drone strikes made things worse tribally.
Old 19 January 2017, 16:23
Confirmed User

Al ahwaz brigade attacked iranian checkpoint a couple hours ago using small arms fire. No word on casualties etc.

There is news of a new Kurd based militant movement moving into areas of Iran. Unlike previously they are opening recruitment to balochs, azeris and other ethnic groups in Iran. Unsure if it will become a actual threat or not yet. We shall see this spring when passes open up and what they can accomplish as far as coordination amongst other resistant movements. They are Islamic and Shia as well but are platforming on democratic secularist values.

Last edited by RedBull; 19 January 2017 at 16:51.
Old 10 March 2017, 17:54
Confirmed User

Been a bit busy so I haven't updated. Anyhow updates:
mosul:Its fucked I saw some western troops and unknown if they recognized me. I was the one speaking fusa arabic(traditional). Anyhow the pdki is pushing larger scale training, battalion + movements.
there's been meetings between the Iranian groups on coordination and amending the rivalaries. (Spelled that way wrong).
The rohjelat is both pdki and Komala now have non Kurd actors armed in Tehran, and other areas.
It's looking like 2017 the fight will be brought to the cities and not just the Kurdish areas.
we've also developed a portable sim-EFP that defeats reactive armor and is no larger then a watermelon using arduino comptrollers and Motorola receivers. Tests done show it'll pierce armor at 100m and by using the arduino boards its literally a drop n deploy device.

Sazmani xebat is growing in support (last Islamic kurd party in iran) Komala and pdki have increased numbers by a total of 1800 this winter. Total rohjelat force is right above 10k armed and equipped now. With 8k roughly in inner Iran. Whether they fully start actions is to be seen.
Komala is gaining roughly 38 members a month predominantly youth (18+). The call for war is growing amongst the parties. And with the addition of western weaponry including Soviet AA its becoming more of a reality.

Whether the west likes it of not, 20!7 and on its looking likely that there will be a full blown insurgency striking at Iranian forces. The youth now outnumber the old school Kurdish forces. It's a showdown where the youth will take over.

The group in my last post is proposing a TAK approach. Bombing mass transit places, police, and other gov buildings. The reality of a full blown issue within Iranian kurdistan is coming to a full front. In the past many analysts said it wouldn't happen, but they've swarmed with western weapons, engaged in recruiting mass amounts of forces and are gaining political popularity in the cities not villages now. If it leads to a PKK V Turkey outcome we shall see.

They definitely have gained the firepower to inflict severe damage on Iran due to the war on ISIS.

Last edited by RedBull; 10 March 2017 at 18:03.
Old 10 March 2017, 18:04
Confirmed User

AA weapons are new strelas and also pre ghaddafi overthrow strelas.
Old 10 March 2017, 18:11
Confirmed User

Our SIM-EFP is a mix of reinforced steel with a final copper core set in stages.I'll post pictures here shortly of it when given permission to release the info after newroz celebrations.
Old 10 March 2017, 19:31
What could possibly go wrong?

Please at least once pop some Iranian motherfucker with the EFP. I/we owe them a few re EFP's.
Old 13 April 2017, 15:10
Confirmed User

It's coming soon. We've moved heavy weapons into the border and our organizing. All the rojhalat groups have actually. There's been agreements signed between the group's militarily.
Jaish Al Udal a baloch group has stepped up operations as well. They killed a high ranking IRGC commander 2 days ago.
We killed 3 IRGC soldiers today in a border skirmish with mortars and small arms. A electrical substation was also hit near mariwan today with a IED.
The escalation is building. There is a congress for PDKI convening this week to declare full out insurgency to allow operations in civilian areas. If we pass it, any government building, worker and official including iraq/Iran border crossings will be allowed to finally be hit. The time to hit the heart of Tehran is coming. The slow progression has been quite boring in the border. But we are now allowed to seek out targets so that's a plus. will post video of recent ops as soon as I am out of the border area.
Old 13 April 2017, 15:17

Give em hell
Old 13 April 2017, 15:29
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake View Post
Give em hell
Working on it. There was a test fire against Turkey in dyakbir with a EFP of our design, (albeit on a police station. Fucking idiots)it shredded their shit so Iran armour shouldn't be a issue.

EDIT: For future legal BS. I was no way physically involved in the bombing in dyakbir.

Last edited by RedBull; 13 April 2017 at 15:44.
Old 13 April 2017, 16:20
Newbie shooter

Still wish you'd write a book.. (funds to support more fighters?)

One of the most interesting threads here.

How often do you run into Western guys? Is it strange after so long with locals?
Old 13 April 2017, 17:21
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local View Post
Still wish you'd write a book.. (funds to support more fighters?)

One of the most interesting threads here.

How often do you run into Western guys? Is it strange after so long with locals?
Don't run into any westerners.
It's not strange at all with locals, I speak sorani, kurmann, bedhani (all three are kurdish), arabic and farsi. In the border there are no westerners. Internet sucks due to sim card changes, but that is about it.

As far as a book, I don't think I'll ever write one. We get enough support through other means. To the avg person it wouldn't be interesting and it would take time out of what I am doing to write. I do time to time throw info(mainly about afgh areas) to mid east analysts, but its largely ignored (like Daesh growing in afgh).
At this point its more of I'm going to do what I do and keep on keeping on regardless of the international community and US gov as they are 99% ignorant to what's happening on the ground here in the mideast. A book can't fix political stupidity much of which the west has been full of for awhile.
Old 13 April 2017, 17:27
Confirmed User

There is currently ongoing night clashes between pdki and IRGC near the border of alaana(kurdistan) and iranian kurdistan. Possible iranian heli support/infil. Ill update as i know more (im 20-24km south of the position being hit.)
Old 13 April 2017, 17:47

Yeh man keep us posted. As Local said, one of the more interesting threads on the board.
Old 13 April 2017, 17:53
Authorized Personnel

Good stuff....stay safe.
Old 15 April 2017, 14:55
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

RedBull, sounds like you have a pretty good command of the languages you need over there.

Were you a native speaker of some or all? Pretty cool to be able to go from one to another depending on the circumstances.

Speaking of Iranian resistance, I read an article yesterday about the Shah's son, Crown Prince Reza Pahlavi, and his pipe dream of returning to Iran to lead some kind of resistance, or forment one.

I always wondered, what is the general consensus (if there is one) among Iranians when it comes to the Shah's family, especially his heir apparent?
Old 15 April 2017, 22:14
Confirmed User

Redbull, what do you think of this article? It says the people of Sinjar don't trust the PKK to protect them and that they sent Yazidi youths straight to the front lines without consent of their parents.

http://www.iraqinews.com/iraq-war/pk...ndil-official/
Old 24 April 2017, 02:58
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVmedic View Post
Redbull, what do you think of this article? It says the people of Sinjar don't trust the PKK to protect them and that they sent Yazidi youths straight to the front lines without consent of their parents.

http://www.iraqinews.com/iraq-war/pk...ndil-official/
The PKK does do conscription. With that said, I doubt its true. In all honesty, the reason for the sinjar fiasco is it gives the pkk a border transport area. They can export weapons from Syria into the qandil (as well as fighters) without the KDP stopping it. It's why they are in the area. It's not because of yezidis. It's because them being there creates a open border crossing to bring manpower and supplies in and out of syria into the qandil to fight turkey (if you look at Kurds killed with syria in 2013-2015 most were Turkish kurds)
The KDP is putting up a hard front, but end of day won't go toe to toe with PKK or kck groups as in the qandil and in value the kck (PKK ) is actually well supported by locals. And if anything kurds hate its kurd v kurd violence. When PJAK/PKK attacked us(pdki)in 2015 for shutting down a hash/heroin route it bit them in the ass and the locals told them to beat feet. Which in most areas wouldn't matter much, but kurdistan is still heavily tribal in the rural areas. No group wants to piss off a tribe as it'll consist of tribal honour killings and factional issues.
Old 24 April 2017, 03:19
Confirmed User

PJAK-now known as Kodar/Kojar and the communist wing of Komala(Ibrahim illexazedeh) formed a alliance and are re-initiating armed struggle against Iran.

Current groups in 2017 to declare open warfare in iran-
Jaish Al Udl (baloch group ties to original jundallah-extremist Sunni group now allied with blf/bla/bra in afgh/pak border-pro AQ against Iran not against afgh-not anti US)
Sazmani Xebat (Kurdish Iranian Islamic group-changing to "democratic")
Komala-Mohtadi (Social demo-holds plans for Iran cell network & ayatollah vacation home coordinates)
Komala-Omar illexazanedeh (Social demo)
Komalah-Ibrahim illexazanedeh (communist)
Kodar/Kojar (PJAK/KCK)(Federalism/communist)
PDKI (Hijri)(social demo/extreme militant-IED/EFP,Infrastructure bombings, assassinations etc-has info on Iran bunkers with chem munitions)
PDKI (mowludi)(social demo-political non militant)
PAK(extreme nationalist-tied up in Bashur-equipped with US weaponry-AT4,TOW,81,120MM,M16/M4,heavily armed, trained and westernized due to weaponization at bashiq & Kirkuk from coalition-currently kept in check by KDP-Iraq. Will be issue if let loose in iran will be interesting what U.S. says when American weapons are used to hit Iranian forces)
Ansar Al Islam kurdi (Halabja branch-Kurdish AQ)(small Sunni extremist group)
HAI (baloch-Sunni extremist-allied to jaish al udl-pro AQ/Tali)

Last edited by RedBull; 24 April 2017 at 03:31.
Old 24 April 2017, 03:23
Confirmed User

There are groups in ahwaz (arab) who are affiliated to pro daesh/pro nusra. They mainly just do sectarian shit and fight amongst themselves. If IS falls you'll see the two branches merge more and run small scale insurgency in ahwaz and hit cross border in iraq

Our new posting rules