Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > International Jobs

Old 13 February 2016, 09:53
Authorized Personnel

No prob. I'd like to add something to my earlier post, it may have come off a bit harsh. Both O'Gara and VxL have some solid guys. Every provider out there has a tool or two, but both of those providers run their ops to DOS standards. I worked for O'Gara for awhile and had some issues with their upper management, but the guys on the ground are for the most part good guys. A bit of bitterness may have crept in there that wasn't really intended. You're not going to get any leeway from the VxL crew on the course standards(as it should be), so make sure you're ready or you're not going to be there long.
Old 13 February 2016, 09:56

Understood, I would expect nothing less. Thanks again.
Old 13 February 2016, 11:17
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
It was difficult for me not to say bad things, but the dudes that fucked us ain't the cats that deal with the students so I refrained.
Same here bud, and you are right. It really hurt O'Gara in the long run, and IMO forced them to put WPS on the back burner and focus on their ATA stuff because nobody worth a shit was willing to come and work the WPS program for them.

I wasn't aware of their current relationship with VxL on the O'Gara facility. Very interesting

And OP....sorry I came off bitter as well. I needed to eat a Snickers bar last night because I just wasn't myself after being forced to paint a flamingo and drink a glass of white wine with my wife.
Old 13 February 2016, 11:23
Authorized Personnel

Yeah, VxL does facility rental from them, but does all their own instruction. They were at Tier One for awhile, but went to O'Gara plus/minus a year and a half ago.
Old 15 February 2016, 20:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Yeah, VxL does facility rental from them, but does all their own instruction. They were at Tier One for awhile, but went to O'Gara plus/minus a year and a half ago.
Correct we have been here for about 18 months, if anyone has questions pertaining to PSS course standards or what you can expect I will be more than happy to answer.
Old 16 February 2016, 11:07

C07, PM inbound.
Old 16 February 2016, 16:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by C07 View Post
Correct we have been here for about 18 months, if anyone has questions pertaining to PSS course standards or what you can expect I will be more than happy to answer.
Would you be able to give us a run down of what an average day looks like?
Old 17 February 2016, 21:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm410 View Post
Would you be able to give us a run down of what an average day looks like?
No average day per say, 8-10 hours a day for 39 days on a variety of subjects.
Old 18 February 2016, 20:50

daily PT or on your own after hours? Is there a gym on the facility or grounds to run distance?
Old 19 February 2016, 05:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm410 View Post
daily PT or on your own after hours? Is there a gym on the facility or grounds to run distance?
There is a gym at the facility and areas where you can outside or treadmills in the gym.
Old 19 February 2016, 09:42
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
There is a gym at the facility and areas where you can outside or treadmills in the gym.
And don't forget the 12 mile ruck runs, in shower shoes, every taco Tuesday. Those always separate the men from the boys.
Old 12 April 2016, 06:06

A pretty wise admin once told me one mans trash is another mans treasure. It's the truth with contracting can't make everyone happy and everyone had a different opinion/experience with training. I agree with tripod you're going over to make 6 figures either go or find something else.
Old 14 April 2016, 13:57

Next steps

Quote:

I received a conditional employment letter and flew out to update my equip at the O'Gara facility. I am currently a gov contractor with a three letter agency and have an active ts/sci. Do you know how long the process usually takes to switch the ownership of my clearance from my current employer to DoS and what will I expect after that part of the process?
Old 14 April 2016, 14:45
NKDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetreatHell03xx View Post
I received a conditional employment letter and flew out to update my equip at the O'Gara facility. I am currently a gov contractor with a three letter agency and have an active ts/sci. Do you know how long the process usually takes to switch the ownership of my clearance from my current employer to DoS and what will I expect after that part of the process?
This sounds rediculous... because it is... BUT, for WPS, DoS won't "transfer" a clearance over from another agency, so the time period remains the same as if it were a new investigation.

As far as what to expect during/after the process, depends on the position applied for. Are you doing static guard or QRF or admin or Intel or what?
Old 15 April 2016, 11:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Pos View Post
This sounds rediculous... because it is... BUT, for WPS, DoS won't "transfer" a clearance over from another agency, so the time period remains the same as if it were a new investigation.

As far as what to expect during/after the process, depends on the position applied for. Are you doing static guard or QRF or admin or Intel or what?
Senior guard. I first received my TS/SCI (w/full poly) while still active duty in the Marine Corps. When I got out of the Corps in 2013 I started working as a contractor and the ownership of my clearance had to be transferred from DoD to the agency I work for now. It should be the same process with my agency to DoS and should not have to be started over since it is still active. Correct?
Old 15 April 2016, 12:15
Violent Social Worker

Quote:
It should be the same process with my agency to DoS and should not have to be started over since it is still active. Correct?
It should be, but it is not.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 15 April 2016, 19:47
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
I am currently a gov contractor with a three letter agency and have an active ts/sci.
Quote:
Senior guard. I started working as a contractor and the ownership of my clearance had to be transferred from DoD to the agency I work for now.
I'm going to ask the obvious ...... why in the world would you leave an OGA program to do this??
Old 15 April 2016, 19:57
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
I'm going to ask the obvious ...... why in the world would you leave an OGA program to do this??
LMAO, I've been wondering that for a day now. The only conclusion I can come up with is it wasn't voluntary.

Let me see... flexible working schedule and more pay...yeah, I think I'll leave.
Old 16 April 2016, 09:55
NKDA

I agree with the above... in that if you are making that move voluntarily, I think that you will be HIGHLY disappointed.

Anyway, to answer your question. After you finish your paperwork, etc., you'll eventually get sent to a brief train-up. Static Senior Guard training is not same as WPS PSS training, unless you are being assigned to QRF, which is doesn't sound like you are. Then you will eventually be deployed. There is no way to gauge timeline for you as there are way too many confounding factors. Good luck.
Old 16 April 2016, 10:08
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Pos View Post
I agree with the above... in that if you are making that move voluntarily, I think that you will be HIGHLY disappointed.
I think so as well. Guard Force training for the supervisors is pretty lame - and the job itself is extremely repetitive and mundane ...... no TS/SCI, fake fingerprint gloves, or 7.5" AR pistol upper needed

Our new posting rules