Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > International Jobs

Old 19 April 2016, 14:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
I'm going to ask the obvious ...... why in the world would you leave an OGA program to do this??
Truthfully, because I miss the sandbox. I spent 13 years in the Corps and haven't "adapted" to the 9-5. Might sound like a lame reason but that's mine
Old 19 April 2016, 15:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
LMAO, I've been wondering that for a day now. The only conclusion I can come up with is it wasn't voluntary.

Let me see... flexible working schedule and more pay...yeah, I think I'll leave.

Well I hope you don't get paid to come up with conclusions because you are wrong with this one.
Old 19 April 2016, 16:47
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetreatHell03xx View Post
Well I hope you don't get paid to come up with conclusions because you are wrong with this one.
Well you see, I was on my "Jump to Conclusions Mat". There are a bunch of conclusions it on and you jump to one. And then I used my analytical thinking (what people are supposed to learn in college). My educated guess is I'm not far off. In any case you are going to get a rude lesson how the other half lives.
Old 20 April 2016, 11:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
Well you see, I was on my "Jump to Conclusions Mat". There are a bunch of conclusions it on and you jump to one. And then I used my analytical thinking (what people are supposed to learn in college). My educated guess is I'm not far off. In any case you are going to get a rude lesson how the other half lives.
Well instead of having a pissing contest I will just say that I am still employed as a gov't contractor. No this is not involuntary. Just like most of you gents, I am sure, I sometimes miss the sandbox. Looking at my options at this point. I was originally recruited for PSS but missed the deployment cut off due to me being med evac'd out of A-Stan after 3 months. They then offered Senior Guard which I know very little about. Those are the facts.
Old 20 April 2016, 11:23
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetreatHell03xx
Just like most of you gents, I am sure, I sometimes miss the sandbox....
Its commentary like this that brought the questioning you have found issue with....
Old 20 April 2016, 12:54
NKDA

Quote:
...I will just say that I am still employed as a gov't contractor. No this is not involuntary. Just like most of you gents, I am sure, I sometimes miss the sandbox. Looking at my options at this point. I was originally recruited for PSS but missed the deployment cut off due to me being med evac'd out of A-Stan after 3 months. They then offered Senior Guard which I know very little about. Those are the facts.
While your post is somewhat confusing regarding timelines/locations (are you injured and collecting $? are you actively working? did you already attend WPS vetting? are you currently in the US? etc. etc.), I will just echo what I said earlier in that if you are still employed on the gig that you have inferred that you are working, you would be remiss to leave it for a Senior Guard position at KESF.

ETA: If you are in-fact actively working the job you infer, then you shouldn't be discussing the issue on SOCNET in general (for multiple reasons).

Last edited by O_Pos; 20 April 2016 at 13:00.
Old 20 April 2016, 13:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Pos View Post
While your post is somewhat confusing regarding timelines/locations (are you injured and collecting $? are you actively working? did you already attend WPS vetting? are you currently in the US? etc. etc.), I will just echo what I said earlier in that if you are still employed on the gig that you have inferred that you are working, you would be remiss to leave it for a Senior Guard position at KESF.

ETA: If you are in-fact actively working the job you infer, then you shouldn't be discussing the issue on SOCNET in general (for multiple reasons).
O_Pos

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.
Old 20 April 2016, 15:41
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
I sometimes miss the sandbox.
FYI - You won't be seeing much sand as an Embassy perimeter guard. You will see lot's of dirt, barricades, little kids shitting and pissing in the street and flipping you off, Afghans looking at you like you have a dick growing out of your forehead, and vehicles going through ECP's - all while herding cats (TCN's). And of course you will be breathing air that is 80%fecal matter. Other than that it's an awesome fucking job

Quote:
I was originally recruited for PSS but missed the deployment cut off due to me being med evac'd out of A-Stan after 3 months. They then offered Senior Guard which I know very little about. Those are the facts.
Uh really? You were "recruited" for WPS - or you applied for WPS? Completed WPS? Injured/not injured? Working/not working? C'mon dude

I too find most of your statements rather odd. I too have come to many of the same conclusions as the others. I too find it odd that IF you were working an OGA program with the clearance you claim you have that you would be talking about it so freely on here.

I too think you are probably full of shit. But hey - good luck with that Senior Guard position. You tell the same kind of stories to the guys you will be working with they will eat your lunch
Old 20 April 2016, 20:01

Quote:
FYI - You won't be seeing much sand as an Embassy perimeter guard. You will see lot's of dirt, barricades, little kids shitting and pissing in the street and flipping you off, Afghans looking at you like you have a dick growing out of your forehead, and vehicles going through ECP's - all while herding cats (TCN's). And of course you will be breathing air that is 80%fecal matter. Other than that it's an awesome fucking job

Uh really? You were "recruited" for WPS - or you applied for WPS? Completed WPS? Injured/not injured? Working/not working? C'mon dude

I too find most of your statements rather odd. I too have come to many of the same conclusions as the others. I too find it odd that IF you were working an OGA program with the clearance you claim you have that you would be talking about it so freely on here.

I too think you are probably full of shit. But hey - good luck with that Senior Guard position. You tell the same kind of stories to the guys you will be working with they will eat your lunch
We really need a like or thumbs up button LMAO
Old 21 April 2016, 11:33

Quote:

I am not talking freely about the position that I hold or the agency I work for. My clearance is public so I am in no way violating OPSEC. I am not full of shit actually. I was contacted by a recruiter who believed that I had the qualifications for PSS hence why I said "recruited." I applied, I did not meet the deployment qualifications due to not having been deployed for a total of 12 months. I'm sure you have connections so ask if you do not believe it to be true. I was Med Evac'd back in 2010 from A-Stan while in the Marine Corps. Once again this can be backed up to but who are you to question that or for me to prove to you that this is true? I have not completed WPS. I flew to Virginia a few weeks ago to update my clearance. I am now waiting for a school date and I am still currently working at my contractor job. I am not acting as if I'm John Rambo. The bottom line is that I was in the Corps from 2000 to 2013, Infantry and Artillery Forward Observer. I deployed to Iraq in '03 and A-Stan in '10. I am now interested in an overseas contractor job. That is it. I came on here looking for advice and maybe a little camraderie between brothers that I may or may not have chewed the same dirt with. I can see that this isn't the case.
Old 21 April 2016, 11:46
NKDA

Bro. Know when to hold 'em. Know when to fold 'em. You really are just making it harder on yourself. That post is no more clarifying than the other, maybe makes everything more confusing actually, and the guys are going to eat you up. If you can still delete it, I would. It's time for the old "Roger That" and move out. Be a member of the board but choose your battles carefully. Just my $.02.
Old 21 April 2016, 11:56
NKDA

Forgot to mention, on a side note, holding TS/SCI clearance is not generally a matter of public record, for obvious national security reasons.

Well except for maybe public record in China
Old 21 April 2016, 14:41
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
I was contacted by a recruiter who believed that I had the qualifications for PSS hence why I said "recruited." .
I have been involved in WPS in one way or another for about 12years, with about every major provider, and have never heard of a specific individual being "recruited". Now maybe someone in the organization who knew you personally may have told you the company was looking for candidates and that you should apply - that could be possible, but not what you implied. But I highly doubt a recruiter reached out to you, out of the blue, to "recruit" you. If indeed true, then you really are something special beyond a USMC Infantryman/FO

Quote:
I came on here looking for advice and maybe a little camraderie between brothers that I may or may not have chewed the same dirt with. I can see that this isn't the case.
You can find brotherhood on here - all day long - as long as you avoid things like embellished self promotion, digging yourself into deep holes, and trying to pull the wool over the eyes of guys that have been doing of which you speak, remarkably well, for fucking decades. We aren't fooled easily - if ever. And will most definitely will speak up, with irreverence, when we think we are being served a big spoon full of horse shit.

Now for the advice - click on the search feature and type in "KESF". You will find probably at least 30 threads discussing the information you are looking for - in great detail.

I am done commenting on your nonsense. Good luck and welcome to SOCNET
Old 21 April 2016, 15:44
Confirmed User

Quote:
Forgot to mention, on a side note, holding TS/SCI clearance is not generally a matter of public record, for obvious national security reasons.

Well except for maybe public record in China
Or FB and LinkedIn. I've seen several on there in their profile.
Old 21 April 2016, 16:18
micro-aggressive

I'm in a similar, though not exact situation as our poster here.
While, I hesitate to say "recruited," I have had someone (a few, actually) reach out to me for employment. They found my profile on a clearance-friendly job website, and contacted me through there. It was not unsolicited, as I was and still am, lazily looking for other employment.

I still have a good clearance, and for the last couple years I've leveraged it by doing side work where it was needed. My day job doesn't require it, and honestly, my day job is probably as boring as his. I find myself looking forward to Casual Fridays, if that means anything.

So, I've conditionally accepted an offer of employment, pending my meeting some pre-reqs. If the pay makes it worth the squeeze, I might hang up my Dockers for a year. I did the 11 months on the road thing for almost 5 straight years, and while it sucked at the time, I do miss it a little.
I don't expect to have any revelations, or even find personal/professional growth in the experience, but I have a job to come home to when I've scratched that itch. I'm not getting any younger or prettier, and I may not be able to accept any kind of OCONUS offer in a couple years.

So that's my $.02 on the matter. Not everyone NEEDS that kind of work, but if you have the creds and want a change, I don't see any reason not to try it out. It's only life.
Old 21 April 2016, 18:28
NKDA

Nobody is denying that the urge to deploy exists. In fact, I'm sure that everyone here misses it (the good parts) at some level or another. I know I often do.

The inference that I walked away with (and it would appear others did to) is that the poster was currently working a highly selective, highly competitive, well paying, flexible, respected OCONUS job with an equally selective and respected client. In that light, leaving that gig for a Senior Guard position at KESF would be in lay-man's terms, "dumb".

It now appears that this situation is not the case, I think, but I still cannot tell for sure.

The issue that the men here are taking is that the general portrayal was more to the former rather than the latter.
Old 21 April 2016, 18:50
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Pos
The inference that I walked away with (and it would appear others did to) is that the poster was currently working a highly selective, highly competitive, well paying, flexible, respected OCONUS job with an equally selective and respected client. In that light, leaving that gig for a Senior Guard position at KESF would be in lay-man's terms, "dumb".
I agree with this take on the poster's comments -- they certainly left me wondering. Add in the comments about "missing" the sandbox -- and well..................
Old 21 April 2016, 19:01
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
The issue that the men here are taking is that the general portrayal was more to the former rather than the latter.
Yes. I am still very much on the fence as to the OP's agenda. For me it was the way his inquiry was presented - then his attempts to clarify causing more confusion and questions. Things like "three letter agency" and making sure we all understood his clearance level. None of which had jack shit to do with being a KESF senior guard and getting a low end DoS clearance. It caused immense confusion - unnecessarily I might add.

If he had done a simple "KESF" search he would have found a shitload of threads - with a lot of info - and not have had to throw himself in the meat grinder with the info he, for some reason, felt necessary to provide. Search results here -

http://www.socnet.com/search.php?searchid=5517121

As for the "recruitment" issue. Yes, it does happen - with instructors and managers who have been around awhile. Poaching happens a lot. But, with the larger training providers (which KESF is), I have never seen it happen withcandidates. They always have more candidate applications than they know what to do with without having to go out and find specific individuals. And on top of that he has never been in the DoS pipeline/work field to make it even a remote possibility

Last edited by Tripod; 21 April 2016 at 19:20.
Old 21 April 2016, 22:00
micro-aggressive

I see, thank you all for clarifying his comments with your experience.
Old 22 April 2016, 10:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudWrench View Post
I'm in a similar, though not exact situation as our poster here.
While, I hesitate to say "recruited," I have had someone (a few, actually) reach out to me for employment. They found my profile on a clearance-friendly job website, and contacted me through there. It was not unsolicited, as I was and still am, lazily looking for other employment.

I still have a good clearance, and for the last couple years I've leveraged it by doing side work where it was needed. My day job doesn't require it, and honestly, my day job is probably as boring as his. I find myself looking forward to Casual Fridays, if that means anything.

So, I've conditionally accepted an offer of employment, pending my meeting some pre-reqs. If the pay makes it worth the squeeze, I might hang up my Dockers for a year. I did the 11 months on the road thing for almost 5 straight years, and while it sucked at the time, I do miss it a little.
I don't expect to have any revelations, or even find personal/professional growth in the experience, but I have a job to come home to when I've scratched that itch. I'm not getting any younger or prettier, and I may not be able to accept any kind of OCONUS offer in a couple years.

So that's my $.02 on the matter. Not everyone NEEDS that kind of work, but if you have the creds and want a change, I don't see any reason not to try it out. It's only life.
Your post pretty much sums up my situation. Maybe I shouldn't have used the word "recruited" but a recruiter did reach out to me as they did with you. Good luck!

Our new posting rules