Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Air Force Special Operations > Pararescue (PJs)

Old 15 January 2016, 19:33

Need help exposing a possible fake PJ

I think my boss is lying about once being a PJ. We constantly catch him in lies and it's getting out of hand. The other day he said he did 20 jumps on his drill weekend. He says his unit works out of the pentagon and thats where he reports once a month. He is an E-9 and has almost 30 years of service in the ANG. His name is Gregory McWhorter and is about 54 years old. Is there any kind of data base out there that could help blow this guy up. I've got lots of funny stories of crap he's said.
My cousin Christopher DiCicco is a pretty bad ass dude and he wasn't able to finsh the PJ training. There is no way this guy did.
Old 16 January 2016, 18:29
Been There Done That

Never hear of him...I can say with out any doubt he is not a PJ...Stand by and I will loose the hounds. Please PM me more info.

Last edited by PJ1; 16 January 2016 at 18:31. Reason: Added info
Old 16 January 2016, 18:41
Administrator

20 jumps on a weekend? Nope. The very most you could
possibly do is 8 a day with 8 pre-packed rigs waiting to go for each jumper. I've done 8 in one day, but more like 6 a day max while doing Jump Team practice. It will wear you out pretty quick. For a Reservist, they would be lucky to get one jump on Saturday. That's IF he's even a PJ. . .
Old 16 January 2016, 19:38
Been There Done That

FOIA is already out for him on AD working on a NG one now. Is he a Cop?
Old 17 January 2016, 14:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.USMCR.MSgt. View Post
I think my boss is lying about once being a PJ. We constantly catch him in lies and it's getting out of hand. The other day he said he did 20 jumps on his drill weekend. He says his unit works out of the pentagon and thats where he reports once a month. He is an E-9 and has almost 30 years of service in the ANG. His name is Gregory McWhorter and is about 54 years old. Is there any kind of data base out there that could help blow this guy up. I've got lots of funny stories of crap he's said.
My cousin Christopher DiCicco is a pretty bad ass dude and he wasn't able to finsh the PJ training. There is no way this guy did.
I'm looking for info on what State he claims to be a member of the Guard. He is not on the PJ database and I have sent an FOIA in on him which I got back on Friday with no active duty info. Is he a Detroit police officer? If so, what department? Any additional info would help. I already have his birth date.
Old 17 January 2016, 15:26

Confirming our suspicions for fake PJ

Yes he is a Detroit Police Officer. He is a Sergeant on our Special Response Team. I’m told he went through a watered down program to get on the team and is connected departmentally. Our “640 hour” training takes about a year to complete. You are treated like less than a recruit when you are in the program no matter how much time you have on the job. He just came back to the unit a few years ago. Once you have been promoted you have to leave the unit. I’ve been at DPD SRT since 2006. Since this guy has come back it has been once outrageous lie after another. We keep him as far back as possible on missions; usually we make him drive our Bear (armored vehicle). When he does make it into the location it’s scary. Lots of funny stories to come.
Old 17 January 2016, 17:24

Do you know what "State" guard unit he claims or is serving with. I can get the info pretty quickly with that info.
Old 17 January 2016, 17:30

This guy will be easy to squash and it's going to end very badly for him even though it seems his colleagues already think he's a pogue, this will prove it. One of my other PJ buddies already notified me about him. He said his supervisor insists his story about being a PJ is true. I expect and demand, as a citizen, that the position of an officer of the law, wearing a badge carrying, and carrying a gun with the power to arrest, incarcerate and take a life to have impeccable and unquestionable integrity!!!
Old 17 January 2016, 22:09

I assume his unit is out of Michigan but not sure. He has stated on several occasions that he works “out of the pentagon”. Of course no one believes him. The guy can’t even carry one a simple medical conversation with our team medics. Our two medics were former paramedics before joining the force and coming to SRT.
Old 17 January 2016, 22:29

I found an article from 2013 that is quoting a Senior Master Sergeant Gregory McWhorter from the 445th Civil Engineer Squadron emergency management team out of Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio.
Old 19 January 2016, 11:59
Doc McNasty

20 jumps in a drill wknd isn't even a reasonable attempt at a good lie. It's so preposterous, he might as well have just said that he spent his wknd drill practicing his SERE skills in the lion cage at the zoo. Just have your co-workers read this thread - it'll get back to him that he's being called out by real deals. Sit back and watch his dance unfold, and let us know how it goes!
Old 19 January 2016, 12:24
micro-aggressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarc88 View Post
20 jumps in a drill wknd isn't even a reasonable attempt at a good lie.
Out of my lane PJs.
The PJ ANG guys from Kulis used to come up to Ft. Wainwright (Alaska) to help out with medical support on my DZs. I would always flip them a few chutes (static line, MC1-1C) for their help. If we were burning parachutes, ones nearing the end of their repack cycle, I would often have 12 hour elevators with at least one UH-60 standing by. It was not uncommon for me to pop 150 parachutes in a day, and that was usually spread out over the same 10-20 jumpers.
Since I was the only decent WSVC Jumpmaster, I was usually in the harness all day, but on days where I needed a break I could get in 8 or more jumps from 2500' in just a few hours.

It was a tremendous logistical clusterfuck; with a manifesting station, rigging and JMPI area, etc. Jumpers would run from the PPI to the manifesting area, and if they had their shit together could be on every other lift.
Good times, lots of wasted taxpayer dollars for administrative, non-tactical jumps.

BTW, those Kulis ANG PJs were some of the coolest cats I've ever met. I was actually exploring an inter-service transfer to try to become one when I got hurt.
Old 19 January 2016, 16:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.USMCR.MSgt. View Post
Confirming our suspicions for fake PJ

Yes he is a Detroit Police Officer. He is a Sergeant on our Special Response Team. Iím told he went through a watered down program to get on the team and is connected departmentally. Our ď640 hourĒ training takes about a year to complete. You are treated like less than a recruit when you are in the program no matter how much time you have on the job. He just came back to the unit a few years ago. Once you have been promoted you have to leave the unit. Iíve been at DPD SRT since 2006. Since this guy has come back it has been once outrageous lie after another. We keep him as far back as possible on missions; usually we make him drive our Bear (armored vehicle). When he does make it into the location itís scary. Lots of funny stories to come.
I've done some digging and think I have found his ANG unit. Can you PM me please. Looking for contact/supervisor and phone # at DPD SRT.
Old 19 January 2016, 22:44
Old and Broke

MI ANG didn't have any PJ's assigned.
We had a former PJ turned Flight Doc who we put on Permissive Orders in the late 90's/early 2000 time frame.
Old 19 January 2016, 23:00
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Jumping (no pun intended) on the bandwagon for the 20 jumps, LOL. I've had rigs set up and staged, and trash packed what I had just jumped and the most I got in a day were 5. Granted, we had a rule in my plt of every odd jump had to be combat equipment -- but still, 20 in a weekend? I doubt if civvie skydivers are trying to do that shit -- too damned exhausting....
Old 19 January 2016, 23:14
Been There Done That

^ Well, unless you are a former barreled chested freedom fighting Green Beret. Then you can knock out 700 jumps in one 24 hour period.

Try to top that you PJ, SEAL, Recon dudes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT_u5gV_FqI

Jay Stokes - Stud.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 20 January 2016, 16:00
Been There Done That

I did 800 in 12 hours confirmed by the Pentagon...Where my unit is..
Old 20 January 2016, 19:43

I'm calling off the dogs. You guys do great work. I just got a phone call from the person in question, apologizing to me for misrepresenting his service. I’m satisfied with that. He has lost our trust and is humiliated. He will be making a formal apology to the team at our next team meeting. Thanks for the quick response to all.
Old 20 January 2016, 21:44
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
^ Well, unless you are a former barreled chested freedom fighting Green Beret. Then you can knock out 700 jumps in one 24 hour period.

Try to top that you PJ, SEAL, Recon dudes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT_u5gV_FqI

Jay Stokes - Stud.
Jay is the man.
Old 21 January 2016, 16:08
Been There Done That

I would like to meet him and ask why?

Our new posting rules