Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 22 March 2016, 06:40
Authorized Personnel

Brussels Attacks

Shitty day in Brussels right now.

-Two explosions reported at the opposite departure hall of AA ticket counter.
-Cell phone service is not available in the Brussels area at the moment.
-At least four additional explosions reported at Metro station.
-Flights in and out of Brussels were canceled and security precautions were stepped up at travel hubs around Europe and elsewhere after explosions Tuesday in the Belgian capital
-Travelers should avoid the Zaventem airport, which is being evacuated, according to the hub's Twitter feed
-Some air traffic due to arrive Tuesday morning was redirected to the eastern city of Liege, according to Belgian broadcaster RTL
-Brussels also shut down trams, metros and buses following explosions at the airport and metro stations
-Belgian Public Broadcaster VRT said the airport explosion was a suicide attack that killed at least 13 and severely injured 35
-Security has been reinforced at Paris' airports and delays are expected, Aeroports de Paris, which operates the hubs, said in a statement on its website
-The high-speed Thalys train that runs between Paris, Brussels, and Amsterdam is running normally, as is the Eurostar line serving Paris, London, and Brussels, according to Twitter feeds from the rail services
-Controls may take longer at check-in, Eurostar said
European Union staff has been told to remain indoors or at home, and the Belgian national crisis center told Brussels residents to "stay where you are"
Old 22 March 2016, 08:09
jump fiend

Body count up to 26/28 (depending on news source) so far, some pretty brutal images coming out of it.

May all responsible find their deaths soon and painfully. This again highlights the difference between us and them, and why the dogs of hell need to be released on them. Targeting .mil bases etc? I get that. Civilians? ...damn.
Grief comes, but time will ease the pain.
Life ends, but death cannot erase it.
In memory, they will always remain.

Last edited by bugeater; 22 March 2016 at 08:11. Reason: Qualifying
Old 22 March 2016, 08:14
Ungood

Condolences to the families of the dead.

Europe has a serious problem, and I hope this galvanizes them to expel the Islamic State threat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 22 March 2016, 08:25
Confirmed User

None of the plotters were Syrian refugees I bet. Well, there you go Europe. I'm sure this will be the last one though, and they can get back to peace and love.

Prayers to the families and the fallen. Looks to me that the Belgian CT outfit has their work cut out for them.

Last edited by CAVmedic; 22 March 2016 at 08:27. Reason: brussels isn't in Austria
Old 22 March 2016, 09:31
Genetically Deplorable

Theory being tossed around is the shitbird they arrested a few days ago is talking to police maybe even giving up names and upcoming plans he was a part of with others. Those shitbirds, the "experts" are saying, decided to speed up the process and take themselves out earlier than planned.

The dude they arrested was apparently a petty criminal in that area. Supposedly quite the coward and pussied out on blowing himself up. Lived in Maelbeek, Belgium all his life, not from Syria or other ME countries. I read that Maelbeek is practically like living in the ME due to the overwhelming population of Muslims. Europe screwed up letting all the ME'ers in, now they cannot control it.
Old 22 March 2016, 10:09
Another pool cleaner

RIP to the dead.

Speedy capture, thorough exploitation and swift execution of those responsible.
Old 22 March 2016, 11:14
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Damned Europeans. If they would only get onboard with opening up their arms to Muslims -- be a little enlightened for once....
Old 22 March 2016, 12:42
REMF

Went to Brussels back in 85. Friggin beautiful and full of hot women and bars. I can't believe how shitty that entire place (Europe) has become.
Old 22 March 2016, 12:59
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
Damned Europeans. If they would only get onboard with opening up their arms to Muslims -- be a little enlightened for once....
I read that apparently Brussels is 25% Muslim. Sounds like they're getting exactly the cultural diversity those cucks wanted.

Ho-hum. Just another day in Europe now.
Old 22 March 2016, 13:04
Confirmed User

RIP

I've always felt that once you have suicide bombers on your soil, then life as you know it has made a significant shift.

I wonder how much financial impact Europe will be feeling this summer from lack of tourist dollars? Pre-parenthood I wouldn't have a concern going but if I had a plan with taking my little ones I may reassess.

Belgium has been a wonderful place to visit, I hope it can get back on track.
Old 22 March 2016, 13:06
Swimming Upstream

After arriving in Brussels several years ago, we left the car rental agency and immediately entered what I can only describe as "Little Pakistan." I was shocked. So this does not surprise me. :-(
Old 22 March 2016, 13:32
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple36 View Post
After arriving in Brussels several years ago, we left the car rental agency and immediately entered what I can only describe as "Little Pakistan." I was shocked. So this does not surprise me. :-(
Same thing at Heathrow, could've sworn I landed in Karachi. Additionally, Trump called his shot on Brussels back in January and pissed off a lot of Belgian metrosexual fagala's. Turns out he was pretty spot on calling it a volatile hell hole.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/28/wo...sels.html?_r=0
Old 22 March 2016, 13:51
Doc McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH0922 View Post
Same thing at Heathrow, could've sworn I landed in Karachi. Additionally, Trump called his shot on Brussels back in January and pissed off a lot of Belgian metrosexual fagala's. Turns out he was pretty spot on calling it a volatile hell hole.

Exactly right. Brussels and Paris have been "safer" havens for ME terrorist and fringe supporters/financiers for decades. That's where they can go conduct dirty business and live in relative peace while doing it.

Check out any book on the hunt for the Munich Olympic murderers - those guys lived in Brussels and Paris for most of the action, waiting for the perps to surface.
Old 22 March 2016, 14:05
Drawing my cutlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH0922 View Post

Yep, try the area close to Knightsbridge and across from Hyde Park, it's like Dubai NW.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Old 22 March 2016, 14:37
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Oh goodie -- I see that Kasich has proposed building a coalition to go after ISIS. See, now THAT is the type of tangible, well-thought out logic we need in our nation's leadership. Because we all know that spending a fucking fortune to attack a problem which will immediately dissolve and shift to another form, tactic, or area is the smart way to go.

Its like spending a fucking fortune on neato tools to jam IED ignition tools, and then the badguys shift tactics for about $2 and use the IR from a garage door opener. Or a simple pressure switch. Wonderfool.

I like these politicians' responses. I want to help. Where can I send my children and money?
Old 22 March 2016, 14:43
Authorized Personnel

Chickens coming home to roost.
Old 22 March 2016, 14:47
Authorized Personnel

As to Kasich, he just doesn't want to let a good crisis go to waste. He knows just what to do to fix ISIS, he simply has no play or idea whatsoever to do in order to accomplish it.

I bet they (candidates) couldn't wait to see who would be the first to announce that we need to go after ISIS.

Meanwhile, we are still a financially broke nation.
Old 22 March 2016, 14:55
Confirmed User

AP is reporting a USAF LTC was among the injured with his family. No further ID yet.
Old 22 March 2016, 15:27
What could possibly go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
As to Kasich, he just doesn't want to let a good crisis go to waste. He knows just what to do to fix ISIS, he simply has no play or idea whatsoever to do in order to accomplish it.

I bet they (candidates) couldn't wait to see who would be the first to announce that we need to go after ISIS.

Meanwhile, we are still a financially broke nation.
Oh he knows what to do.........give a path to citizenship to 11 million illegals here now so that it would forever change the electoral college and guarantee liberal rule in the U.S.
Old 22 March 2016, 15:49
Confirmed User

Just reported on Fox Biz that one of the Missionaries who was injured was about a block away from the Boston Marathon bombing. Might want to lay low for a bit.

I'm still amazed we haven't had this type of incident in the US yet.

Our new posting rules