Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Fitness

Old 1 April 2016, 12:34
Been There Done That

Any SOFLETE members?

Recently came across SOFLETE, and was looking at their subscription-based programs. Curious to see reviews/opinions from anyone who has been or is a member and following them, specifically the Strength side.
Old 1 April 2016, 14:15
Confirmed User

I follow their free programming on coolbook and I'm part of their team-room where we get to bounce around different ideas, workouts, lifting techniques, and just shoot the breeze a lot. From what I've seen they have different programs that cater towards a certain end goal or lifestyle. I've seen a lot of people with amazing results while following it. Just my opinion.
Old 1 April 2016, 20:11
Authorized Personnel

Before I realized what forum this was posted in, I was looking at the title wondering what the heck "SOFLETE" did and which COCOM they fell under.

Special
Operations
Forces
Logistical
Element
...??

Old 1 April 2016, 21:41
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20boatguy22 View Post
Recently came across SOFLETE, and was looking at their subscription-based programs. Curious to see reviews/opinions from anyone who has been or is a member and following them, specifically the Strength side.
I've been following their Stamina programing for 4 weeks and really like it. I was a huge Mil Athlete fan but I got bored and this is like a breath a fresh air. I'd like more info on the movements as some of them are totally different or unheard of. They also need to come up with a list of sub exercises. I've had to scale some workout as they are a fucking beast.

You should continue to do the strength. As I do the stamina I'll get better and then I'll beat you on a timed run, in like 19 degree weather. Since I can already out shoot you you'll be forced to admit that I, Hot Mess, has superior genes

ETA: there is a member here who is involved with them. I believe he said one of the guys who makes up the programing is a Gym Jones LVL III (?). With some of the volume I believe it. My issue with Mil Athlete was losing gains in one area while improving in another. What I see is strength WITH stamina so I'm not getting weaker as my stamina improves.

What I do miss is Mil Athlete had extra programs that were free for paid members. With SOFLETE you get strength or stamina, chicken or beef.
Old 2 April 2016, 19:39
Confirmed User

SOFWODS is a pretty good one as well. I pick out some of their workouts when it fits my equipment and set up. SOFLETE goes through Train Heroic too which is a pretty good way to manage your training history and get to your workouts without dragging around a notebook.
Old 2 April 2016, 19:42
Confirmed User

Also, for anyone interested Hybrid Athlete is a fantastic read for those looking to maximize strength or cardiovascular gains while maintaining proper recovery and maintaining (or even improving) on the other. IMO it's also just a great resource for the layman understanding the effect of exercise on the body, framed in a manner that fits the Military Athlete.
Old 3 April 2016, 16:50
In Vino Veritas

$45 for a book!? What, am I in college again
Old 3 April 2016, 17:08
Been There Done That

And an e-book at that.

Anybody else remember when the whole e-book thing was launched, and the major selling point was how much cheaper books would be since you wouldn't be paying for printing and paper?
Old 3 April 2016, 19:26
Confirmed User

I have it on my dropbox. Not sure how many of you are okay with it but I can shoot it your way if you don't want to spend the money.

Another good way to contribute to the members of SOCNET
Old 4 April 2016, 09:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangercon View Post
I have it on my dropbox. Not sure how many of you are okay with it but I can shoot it your way if you don't want to spend the money.

Another good way to contribute to the members of SOCNET
I would be interested in this.
Old 4 April 2016, 15:43
Confirmed User

SolidSnake, PM sent.
Old 5 April 2016, 17:31
Been There Done That

Also interested.
Old 6 April 2016, 15:32
Confirmed User

Interested.
Old 6 April 2016, 20:26
Confirmed User

Already sent it out to a few, since I can only send one PM per 2 hours just shoot me your email address and that you want the eBook and i'll get it to ya.
Old 6 April 2016, 20:51
Confirmed User

Interested!

Colonel Flagg, psychopathic guest star of M.A.S.H.
Old 7 April 2016, 09:49
Life Aquatic

Starting the Sherpa program Sunday. Have been following CFNE the last year and this looks like a good change of pace.
Old 23 September 2016, 19:32
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
I've been following their Stamina programing for 4 weeks and really like it. I was a huge Mil Athlete fan but I got bored and this is like a breath a fresh air. I'd like more info on the movements as some of them are totally different or unheard of. They also need to come up with a list of sub exercises. I've had to scale some workout as they are a fucking beast.

You should continue to do the strength. As I do the stamina I'll get better and then I'll beat you on a timed run, in like 19 degree weather. Since I can already out shoot you you'll be forced to admit that I, Hot Mess, has superior genes

ETA: there is a member here who is involved with them. I believe he said one of the guys who makes up the programing is a Gym Jones LVL III (?). With some of the volume I believe it. My issue with Mil Athlete was losing gains in one area while improving in another. What I see is strength WITH stamina so I'm not getting weaker as my stamina improves.

What I do miss is Mil Athlete had extra programs that were free for paid members. With SOFLETE you get strength or stamina, chicken or beef.
I'm trying to start using some of the free SOFLETE workouts and they're kicking my ass. Once I get to the point that I don't have to scale them, I'll know that I've made it.
Old 26 September 2016, 12:16
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDuff View Post
I'm trying to start using some of the free SOFLETE workouts and they're kicking my ass. Once I get to the point that I don't have to scale them, I'll know that I've made it.
LOL, good luck. There is a workout that is DL at 225 x20 but like 3-4 (maybe 5) different DL exercises, all without dropping the bar for those 20. It took me an 45min-1hr... I have weak forearms so not dropping the bar wasn't an option for me. That sucked and never got any better...
Old 26 September 2016, 12:58
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
LOL, good luck. There is a workout that is DL at 225 x20 but like 3-4 (maybe 5) different DL exercises, all without dropping the bar for those 20. It took me an 45min-1hr... I have weak forearms so not dropping the bar wasn't an option for me. That sucked and never got any better...

You've seen me...I'm not a big, strong guy. I have to cut the weights way down because I'm not strong enough otherwise to do multiple reps.

Hell, I couldn't do 20 DL's at 225 right now, much less a full circuit of them. I'm just getting back into squatting/deadlift.

It's not about actually being able to complete workout though. It's about the journey and making myself better. Even if I were to finish the workouts easily, that would just be another step.

Our new posting rules