Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 9 May 2016, 08:59
Been There Done That

Thumbs up Periodic Table of Terrorist Organizations

I thought that this was pretty good, and might help someone out there keep it all straight...

Enclosed also is the .pdf, for printing out in original size.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (369.9 KB, 622 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Periodic table of Terrorist Groups.pdf (75.7 KB, 126 views)
Old 9 May 2016, 09:58
I've got a gun too, mf'er

That is awesome. have they done a more recent version?
- Bootsy Collins
"If you don't like freedom, for heaven's sake, pack your bags and leave"
- Rotterdam Mayor Ahmed Aboutaleb
"I appeal to all our citizens, no matter from what land their forefathers came, to keep this ever in mind, and to shun with scorn and contempt the sinister intriguers and mischief-makers who would seek to divide them along lines of creed, or birthplace or of national origin."
- Teddy Roosevelt
Old 9 May 2016, 10:04
Been There Done That

Didn't look. Try http://navantigroup.com (that's what it says on bottom of the graphic, anyway) I got this in distro this morning.
Old 9 May 2016, 15:52
Been There Done That

This is a nifty visual representation. Thanks for posting that.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 9 May 2016, 19:12
I've got a gun too, mf'er

Didn't see a more recent version, just a 2012 and 2014.

I like the concept.
- Bootsy Collins
"If you don't like freedom, for heaven's sake, pack your bags and leave"
- Rotterdam Mayor Ahmed Aboutaleb
"I appeal to all our citizens, no matter from what land their forefathers came, to keep this ever in mind, and to shun with scorn and contempt the sinister intriguers and mischief-makers who would seek to divide them along lines of creed, or birthplace or of national origin."
- Teddy Roosevelt
Old 9 May 2016, 21:47
Been There Done That

So how long does it take to get the USA or North America represented with our own color code?
Old 9 May 2016, 23:53
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B 2/75 View Post
So how long does it take to get the USA or North America represented with our own color code?
(In best Kenobi voice)
None of the Muslims in America are terrorists. These are not the terrorists you are looking for....

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 10 May 2016, 07:15
Been There Done That

Oh, THANK You, kind Sir...

I feel so very much better now, knowing that we're well and truly safe
Old 10 May 2016, 08:16
Another pool cleaner

Nice find.

I see Shining Path still active.

Where's Asian Dawn?
Old 11 May 2016, 10:53
Confirmed User

Asian Dawn? Oh yeah, I read about them in Time Magazine.
Old 11 May 2016, 14:12
Confirmed User

There actually missing quite a few groups. Wonder if they lumped some under similar ideologies. Like al-furqan etc.
Old 12 May 2016, 01:48

No MILF, MNLF, and BIFf? Well, at least Abu Sayyaf and NPA are listed.
Old 12 May 2016, 09:15
Midgetologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by B 2/75 View Post
Next year if Hellary gets elected.

Great info thanks for posting.
Old 12 May 2016, 13:24
Confirmed User

The current administration list of de-terrorimized is outstanding....

http://www.state.gov/j/ct/rls/other/des/123085.htm
Old 13 May 2016, 15:39
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockville View Post
The current administration list of de-terrorimized is outstanding....

http://www.state.gov/j/ct/rls/other/des/123085.htm
There's no way that this is the comprehensive list, if it is I've got some serious concerns on our intelligence in the area. Some of the listed groups do not exist and are branched out of under new names. Maybe they just lump groups together? Obvious ones missing whether Islamist or nationalist- Al-Furqan(baloch islamist basically Al nusra afghanistan/pak),HAI(jundallah offshoot as jundallah split after leadership death),JAAI(other split of jundallah),BLF(non Islamic nationalist),BLA(non Islamic nationalist),BRA(non Islamic nationalist gaining recruits in balochistan due to its hardline stance on pakis),Kurdish Islamist movement (KIM-basically AQ iran). That's just the icing on the cake. As far as most active within the last 12 months. It'd be interesting to know how a person would get charged with terrorism fighting with a group not listed.

Side note link lists delisted and listed groups.

Last edited by RedBull; 13 May 2016 at 15:55.
Old 13 May 2016, 19:51
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull View Post
There's no way that this is the comprehensive list, if it is I've got some serious concerns on our intelligence in the area. Some of the listed groups do not exist and are branched out of under new names. Maybe they just lump groups together? Obvious ones missing whether Islamist or nationalist- Al-Furqan(baloch islamist basically Al nusra afghanistan/pak),HAI(jundallah offshoot as jundallah split after leadership death),JAAI(other split of jundallah),BLF(non Islamic nationalist),BLA(non Islamic nationalist),BRA(non Islamic nationalist gaining recruits in balochistan due to its hardline stance on pakis),Kurdish Islamist movement (KIM-basically AQ iran). That's just the icing on the cake. As far as most active within the last 12 months. It'd be interesting to know how a person would get charged with terrorism fighting with a group not listed.

Please provide us with an updated version and I'll share with the SOCOM enterprise.
Old 13 May 2016, 21:25
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog View Post
Please provide us with an updated version and I'll share with the SOCOM enterprise.
Not trying to sound like a prick. But I need to know if everyone would like a grouped up version or a version as in active attacks within the last 12 months. The thing is, that list is trash (the link given) there's far more groups operating in the afgh/pak border then what is listed (the Balochis downed a helicopter a week ago. And it wasnt a group listed for instance) my main issue with the current Intel is that what is being said or done is in reality far off from what is happening on the ground. I speak with several groups who are not anti American per say but definitely anti Pakistani. And are and heavily involved in the SE Asia region.
what info are you looking for exactly or what is everyone wanting info wise? I can't not nor would I give info on a attack before it happens unless it directly involves US or coalition forces.

Last edited by RedBull; 13 May 2016 at 21:36.
Old 13 May 2016, 21:41
Confirmed User

If your wanting a accurate map out of the active groups in the SE Asia area I can easily provide that. If your wanting to include nationalist and Islamic groups together as well as leadership it will take timd. I can tell you the non Islamic groups (BLA,BLF,BRA,ETC)are and will not target Americans at this poinf. But that can and probably will change depending on many factors. The biggest being any westerner involved in the gwadar area (I would highly suggest staying far away from that area for the foreseeable future unless you want executed)
Old 13 May 2016, 23:41
Confirmed User

The current administration cut of the funding for The RAND Database of Worldwide Terrorism Incidents (RDWTI) http://www.rand.org/nsrd/projects/terrorism-incidents.html

The Combating Terrorism Center at West Point https://www.ctc.usma.edu/ is still good. I'm surprised the current administration did not cut funding to a group that keep offending an oppressive group, ISIS........

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull View Post

Old 16 May 2016, 13:39
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockville View Post
The current administration cut of the funding for The RAND Database of Worldwide Terrorism Incidents (RDWTI) http://www.rand.org/nsrd/projects/te...incidents.html

The Combating Terrorism Center at West Point https://www.ctc.usma.edu/ is still good. I'm surprised the current administration did not cut funding to a group that keep offending an oppressive group, ISIS........
Working on getting a chart together now that'll show the little branch offs for the group's operating in the Afgh/pak(balochistan areas)border and then Iran/kurdistan. I don't have to much on the waziristan provinces to much as I've mainly been focusing on the baloch area due to it being a quite active and under reported area. The current splintering of the baloch movements has allowed groups such IS offshoots and taliban,AQ to push further into the areas once controlled mainly by the nationalist groups.

Chart will have # attacks last 12 months. Current political heads & any military commanders as well as weaponry & capabilities and AO gains or losses.

Our new posting rules