Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 12 June 2016, 07:58
Very Deplorable

Mass shooting at Orlando club.

A shooter armed with a long gun and a "device" shot up a night club in Orlando. Early estimates are 20 dead, 42 injured, 30 saved by SWAT intervention. The FBI has categorized the incident as a terrorist attack- no other details are public at this time.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orl...ing/index.html
Old 12 June 2016, 08:20
Authorized Personnel

Just catching this on Fox. The FBI's talking head said they know who the shooter was and they are investigating "alleged ties to terrorist organization" and "he may have had ties to radical Islam". What I find stunning is this has been released this soon after the incident.

There is also a local news article stating the "shooter" shot his way into the club.

Of course there are already people in the comment section turning this political and calling for a complete ban on guns.

May the fallen Rest in peace and a speedy recovery to the wounded.

America...a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots

Never trust a politician that starts with " I have always supported American’s 2nd Amendment rights but… "

I will not submit to your will. I will not be intimidated.
Old 12 June 2016, 08:30
Very Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thvet View Post

Of course there are already people in the comment section turning this political and calling for a complete ban on guns.

May the fallen Rest in peace and a speedy recovery to the wounded.
Indeed, it's unfortunate that my second instinct after feeling sorry for those defenseless victims is... Shit, I better buy ammo early today.

The report indicates this was a gay establishment, so the ties to terrorism could turn out to be some home grown anti-gay domestic terrorism. We shall see, a bit early indeed.
Old 12 June 2016, 08:43
Old Scroll

America is quickly becoming a modern day Sodom what with all this LGBT nonsense these days....

and ISIS doesn't hold much love for any homos, despite their Thursday proclivities. IIRC a fatwa was issued some time ago on gays.

.02 Kopecks this shooter was radicalized, and took his lead from the ME.

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 12 June 2016, 08:48
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamedic View Post
Indeed, it's unfortunate that my second instinct after feeling sorry for those defenseless victims is... Shit, I better buy ammo early today.

The report indicates this was a gay establishment, so the ties to terrorism could turn out to be some home grown anti-gay domestic terrorism. We shall see, a bit early indeed.
Well, you know where this is going to go media wise and liberal talking points over the next several days...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12 June 2016, 08:50
Confirmed User

CNNs article says it is domestic terrorism. No word though on the attacker and I think CNN did this after San Bernardino iirc.
Old 12 June 2016, 09:10
Midgetologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by B 2/75 View Post
America is quickly becoming a modern day Sodom what with all this LGBT nonsense these days....

and ISIS doesn't hold much love for any homos, despite their Thursday proclivities. IIRC a fatwa was issued some time ago on gays.

.02 Kopecks this shooter was radicalized, and took his lead from the ME.
I concur with your post.
Old 12 June 2016, 09:17
Very Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Well, you know where this is going to go media wise and liberal talking points over the next several days...
Yeah. The writing is on the wall. This may not be the right place or time... Vote Republican. Attacks on the gay liberals will be utilized has a catayst for Democrat gun grabbing, again.

While personally, I think it fucking sucks that this gets politicized so early, when what we're looking at is quite possibly one of the largest mass shootings in our nation. A large victim count of Americans - but they will be labeled as "gay Americans."

I'm not partial to either side of the homo debate, and frankly I don't care what they do. But 62 people shot is a big problem.
Old 12 June 2016, 09:31
Renuo Victima Esse

It's sad that the vultures of politics can't allow the crime scene to be cleared before they start devaluing the victims and using them as examples of their personal agendas.

Rest In Peace to those that have fallen!
Old 12 June 2016, 09:41
Been There Done That

"Never let a good crisis go to waste!" -Rahm Emannuel-
Old 12 June 2016, 09:58
Drawing my cutlass

RIP to the deceased, speedy recovery to the injured, no fucks given about their sexual orientation.

And next up is who the shooter/shitbag was supporting in the election.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Old 12 June 2016, 09:59
Confirmed User

Concerning The Fatwa against homosexuals, The Jihadis have been telling us for a while exactly what they are going to do.

Maybe we should start listening and act accordingly.

The alternate tragedies in this shooting is half the people will tune out because it happened to people they don't identify with. It happened to "them" not us.

As well as the false outrage that will come from the left.

Dozens of Americans are dead and their will likely be no consequence for the people behind the trigger man.
Old 12 June 2016, 10:09
Administrator

News says he was US Cit of Afghani descent. Has made threats to commit terrorist acts in the past and was being monitored by the FBI.
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul.
-Invictus
Old 12 June 2016, 10:18
Been There Done That

The news was just saying that the death toll will likely rise 'significantly' over the next few hours.

I find it interesting that the news folks were incredulous that the police were using pick ups to transport victims; obviously they haven't been in 3rd world countries...
Old 12 June 2016, 10:20
Renuo Victima Esse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR.Montcalm View Post
I find it interesting that the news folks were incredulous that the police were using pick ups to transport victims; obviously they haven't been in 3rd world countries...
Many of them simply can't do anything but criticize others for taking actions that they themselves aren't willing to do.
Old 12 June 2016, 10:22
Preparing to defend

That twit,congressman King, says the dude had weapons training. While he is reported to be aCitizen, some of his family members were not. Grayson of FL says it was terrorism. Interesting. 50 dead 53 hospitalized. State on emer declared in Orlando
Old 12 June 2016, 10:33
Clorox bearer for SOTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
News says he was US Cit of Afghani descent. Has made threats to commit terrorist acts in the past and was being monitored by the FBI.
I guess they were not monitoring him when this happened...

I'm sure if all guns were banned, this never would have happened...

(Yes, that's sarcasm...)

When are people going to get that the only thing that stops a terrorist with a gun, is one of us with a gun?

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 12 June 2016, 10:35
Confirmed User

RIP to the victims and their families. Tragic is an understatement. I have long voiced concerns over an attack like this at a packed loud, dark , confusing club or concert venue with alcohol clouded customers. Lots of damage would be inflicted before anyone realizes WTF is happening.

** I do hope Orlando PD (Patrol) made a hasty entry into the scene to help end this.

Last edited by Five-O; 12 June 2016 at 10:45.
Old 12 June 2016, 10:38
0311/8651

The Univ of Oklahoma just started a 24/7 hotline for students with micro aggressions-my taco at the student union was made incorrectly.
Bet Comey was on the phone, my agents will call it terrorism, Mr BHO.Comey, I understand did that in the CA incident.
I'm sitting in my Starbucks with my Glock 31,USSS Ammo
Old 12 June 2016, 10:46
Very Deplorable

50 dead
53 injured

That's the latest. I imagine fish in a barrel.

Our new posting rules