Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 12 June 2016, 10:50
Make a desert and call it peace.

Well, it was a deliberate attack on a core group of the liberal block; lets see if they start to figure out that we all can't just get along. S/F.....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith
Old 12 June 2016, 10:53
Been There Done That

Jesus...fucking animals.
Old 12 June 2016, 10:57
Confirmed User

Just watched the presser where the local Imam danced around the subject and warned the media not to ‘sensationalize’ this before more is known….news flash fuckstick…50 people are dead from the hands of a brother muslim asshole

Reports say that ISIS warned of an attack in FL 3 days ago….and the kicker is that this dirtbag was a registered democrat.

https://twitter.com/NathanDWilsonFL/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

RIP to the fallen
Old 12 June 2016, 10:57
Preparing to defend

Every one is wringing their hands over what to call it. I'd like to hear them say it was radical islam (fu auto-correct).

However, my love of history, curiosity of other cultures, and living amongst them, has led me to believe that even that term has an unneeded adjective.
Old 12 June 2016, 11:05
Rocket Surgeon

If you are in Central Florida, we are in desperate need for AB plasma, O positive, and O negative blood. Please donate to the Red Cross or One Blood.

"Butch up, prom queen"
-Wench
Old 12 June 2016, 11:15
Authorized Personnel

A sad day.

This is making me rethink the weapon I carry.
Old 12 June 2016, 11:22
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeraz View Post
If you are in Central Florida, we are in desperate need for AB plasma, O positive, and O negative blood. Please donate to the Red Cross or One Blood.
There are also several locations outside of Jacksonville open for those that want to donate

America...a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots

Never trust a politician that starts with " I have always supported American’s 2nd Amendment rights but… "

I will not submit to your will. I will not be intimidated.
Old 12 June 2016, 11:22
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
News says he was US Cit of Afghani descent. Has made threats to commit terrorist acts in the past and was being monitored by the FBI.
His name is Omar Saddiqui Mateen.

The Mayor just announced that there were 53 wounded including the shooter. Previous reports were that he is dead.

This situation shows the naivety of the left. When someone says get your dog off my lawn or ill kill it, you either buy a leash or burn the neighbors house down.

Last edited by The Fat Guy; 12 June 2016 at 11:52.
Old 12 June 2016, 11:24
do Mham

Godspeed to the fallen, responders, and hospital folks. Smells like radically inspired terror from open source and media. We used a nightclub scenario in the last TCCC course we instructed as it's a target rich environment and chaotic scene to manage.
Old 12 June 2016, 11:31
Reverse Apache Master

My money is on this being spun as a "hate crime" against gays, leaving out the Islamic aspect. It'll be condemnation not against Islam, but "religion" in general...and how "religious conservatism" is bad and anti-gay, etc.

The "Religious Right" will somehow catch flack for this. Watch.

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 12 June 2016, 11:37
Preparing to defend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
My money is on this being spun as a "hate crime" against gays, leaving out the Islamic aspect. It'll be condemnation not against Islam, but "religion" in general...and how "religious conservatism" is bad and anti-gay, etc.

The "Religious Right" will somehow catch flack for this. Watch.
Appears to be his dad's story,"he was offended by gays kissing and has nothing to do with religion"
Old 12 June 2016, 11:48
Old and Grumpy

Hillary will spin this to more gun control.
Trump will spin this to an anti-muslim rant.
The government will spin this to "we need to snoop more".
This tragedy will turn into a political football.
Old 12 June 2016, 12:05
On the Extract Bird

Shooter was, apparently, a registered Democrat. Born to parents who came from AFG. But yes, I'm sure there's a huge WH huddle going on literally as I type this about how they want to try and spin this into a anti-gun thing (even though the nightclub attack in France was in a country with basically no guns for anyone).

We already know the play-by-play and what's going to happen now. So I'll just be over here waiting for the next muslim attack.
Old 12 June 2016, 12:13
Valhalla July 4, 2016 RIP Frogman

Guys
I awoke this morning at 0530 Pacific and TV News reported that 20 had been killed and 30 injured. I just woke up a second time and News reports 50 killed and 53 injured. I added in a guesstimation of the number of rounds that missed victims. With these numbers I tried to count the clips (mags to you young folk) that Omar was carrying. I am up to 10 clips or so. That is a lot of bulk to hump around, but Omar seems to of mastered the logistics.
Old 12 June 2016, 12:18
Confirmed User

Class, I did the same mental exercise with the Sandy Hook shooting.

Theses individuals were humping a lot of weight....

Did I hear on tv correctly the swat team waited three hours before entering the club???
Old 12 June 2016, 12:36
Valhalla July 4, 2016 RIP Frogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post
Class, I did the same mental exercise with the Sandy Hook shooting.

Theses individuals were humping a lot of weight....

Did I hear on tv correctly the swat team waited three hours before entering the club???
That is what I heard last. 3 hours.
Old 12 June 2016, 13:13
Confirmed User

This happened about 10-20 minutes from where I live. Just got off the phone with the wife and everyone we know is ok. A couple weeks ago my wife attended a wedding for a gay friend, who had been trying to get her to go out with him and his then fiance while I'm here in TX training. One of the clubs he wanted her to go to was Pulse. Fuck these savages. Just told the wife no more putting off the concealed carry. Will be taking her to get it when I get home in a week. RIP to the fallen and prayers out for the families.

Just......fuck!
Old 12 June 2016, 13:13
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post
IF that is the case I would hope it was for a secondary slow and deliberate search of the facility once the shooting had stopped. I would think the days of the "tactical loitering" are over ....I know they are where I am. First guys on scene go in immediately and stop the threat. That is SOP. Lots of variables and too little information is available to know. FOX just said....police could only see 20 dead from the outside because it wasn't safe to go in. I would like to explore that statement a bit.
Old 12 June 2016, 13:16
Been There Done That

I wonder if this will bring a halt to everybody licking Muhammad Ali's dead muslim ballsack?
22 Aug 17
Old 12 June 2016, 13:19
Rocket Surgeon

Maybe don't speculate on what you don't know as fact gents. More will come out in due time.

"Butch up, prom queen"
-Wench

Our new posting rules