Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 12 June 2016, 15:38
RIP Cass and SOTB

Sharky, my post wasn't meant to armchair QB the situatuion. I apologize if I presented my comments and questions as such.

I was just trying to gain a lot of SA in reference to active shooter scenario. I appreciate your explanation and understand what you are saying.

Again sorry if my comments were worded improperly and did not convey what I intended.
Old 12 June 2016, 15:49
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
(even though the nightclub attack in France was in a country with basically no guns for anyone).
Please educate yourself on this particular subject...this is not true. Semi-automatic weapons are available (not cheap, not as easy as most parts of the US) in France, along with pump action, lever action, single shot, etc. LEGALLY.

Are the numbers lower per capita...absolutely. But "basically no guns" is far from the truth.

Right to carry is whole another story.
Old 12 June 2016, 15:53
Confirmed User

https://mobile.twitter.com/ATFHQ/sta...75110161588224

And the atf is quick to do an "urgent trace" on the firearms and announce online their results. Like that will bring those 50 people back or something. Always refreshing to see the atf's political agenda on display.
Old 12 June 2016, 15:57
Confirmed User

Whew! Thanks ATF.

Alright Boys, pack it up. Nothing else to see here!
Old 12 June 2016, 15:58
Drawing my cutlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeraz View Post
If you are in Central Florida, we are in desperate need for AB plasma, O positive, and O negative blood. Please donate to the Red Cross or One Blood.
In Tennessee right now, will be in Central FL tomorrow. Any collection points in Broward when we arrive?

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Old 12 June 2016, 15:59
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashonlycow View Post
Please educate yourself on this particular subject...this is not true. Semi-automatic weapons are available (not cheap, not as easy as most parts of the US) in France, along with pump action, lever action, single shot, etc. LEGALLY.

Are the numbers lower per capita...absolutely. But "basically no guns" is far from the truth.

Well, considering the terrorists in France used assault rifles, the point is moot, no? Whether some other guns are legal to buy or not doesn't matter, if we're talking gun control; the guns they used were already illegal.

No idea about Orlando's carry laws, but I imagine the nightclub was a "gun free zone." A while back when I was checking up on it, I don't think I found a single mass shooting recently that didn't take place in a gun free zone.
Old 12 June 2016, 16:10
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justaclerk View Post
In Tennessee right now, will be in Central FL tomorrow. Any collection points in Broward when we arrive?
The lines are off the hook... They are now calling for drinks, chairs, shade for the people in line.

I think they are going to be ok with blood.

Sltwtr1

OUT

Jack Bauer
Old 12 June 2016, 16:12
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouta View Post

No idea about Orlando's carry laws, but I imagine the nightclub was a "gun free zone." A while back when I was checking up on it, I don't think I found a single mass shooting recently that didn't take place in a gun free zone.
Yeah....it was a gun free zone. It's illegal to CCW where alcohol is served.
Old 12 June 2016, 16:15
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouta View Post
Well, considering the terrorists in France used assault rifles, the point is moot, no? Whether some other guns are legal to buy or not doesn't matter, if we're talking gun control; the guns they used were already illegal.

There are no Orlando's laws that apply. Concealed Carry is a state initiative and in Florida, the law says no city/town etc can pass a law contrary to the state law on firearms (in a negative way).

Like most night clubs these days, there is probably a club policy no weapons, and maybe a pat down.. Not sure about there..

So, even if you were CCW, you couldn't bring it in the club.

Sltwtr1

OUT

Jack Bauer
Old 12 June 2016, 16:17
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogwelder View Post
Yeah....it was a gun free zone. It's illegal to CCW where alcohol is served.
That is not actually correct. You can go into a restaurant, that serves alcohol.

The definition between bar and restaurant depends on the percentage of food vs alcohol served..

Sltwtr1

OUT

Jack Bauer
Old 12 June 2016, 16:19
Authorized Personnel

If guns were illegal there this dirtbag wouldn't have done this
Old 12 June 2016, 16:26
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sltwtr1 View Post
That is not actually correct. You can go into a restaurant, that serves alcohol.

The definition between bar and restaurant depends on the percentage of food vs alcohol served..

Sltwtr1

OUT
Roger that. Dug a little deeper and found the literature stating the same as your response. Good to know. Was originally explained to me as being an absolute.
Old 12 June 2016, 16:28
Social Claymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashonlycow View Post

All the guns in the world won't help if you can't have one on hand.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 12 June 2016, 16:34
Administrator

When I was running the protective services program for the dude some of you know who, I often interfaced with Orlando PD and they were top notch. The second guessing needs to stop.
Old 12 June 2016, 16:43
What could possibly go wrong?

All this will dial down.....we will light some candles, have a prayer vigil, lower the flags, make some speeches that never mention radical Islam or they wanting to kill all of us. No, once that's done, a sharp pivot will be made to gun control and evil assault weapons et al, executive actions and so forth
Old 12 June 2016, 16:56
Confirmed User

And the shitlib counter-assault and narrative control operations begin:

‘F*** YOU, @NRA! You have blood on your hands!’ — Anti-Gun Celebrities Respond to Orlando Shooting on Twitter

Old 12 June 2016, 16:56
Confirmed User

What a waste of life. Worked all night, but heard about this on my way home. Channel surfing news now. MSNBC has some human rights guy on there talking about LGBT rights. I see This is going to become a deciding election issue. Dead aren't even named yet and politics is reigning supreme.
Old 12 June 2016, 17:01
Confirmed User

Hmm...Brian Williams on MSNBC just said 50 dead and 53 wounded means 103 people were hit by bullets. I bet some of those dead and wounded were trampled in the panic.
Old 12 June 2016, 17:10
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
And the shitlib counter-assault and narrative control operations begin:

F*** YOU, @NRA! You have blood on your hands! Anti-Gun Celebrities Respond to Orlando Shooting on Twitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBlwxqqAprQ

Wonder what those celebrities would say about this video? How disassociated from reality can you get? Just madness.......
Old 12 June 2016, 17:11
Been There Done That

Alcohol serving establishment or not...one armed citizen in the parking lot or nearby could have saved lives. But you won't be hearing this from the liberal media. It will be spun absolutely upside down.

Very tragic. RIP to the fallen and condolences to the families.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist

Our new posting rules