Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 12 June 2016, 17:18
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

I just checked out the venue on google maps, it looks like a relatively small club, although maybe there were a couple of levels inside.

It was packed on a Saturday night, loud music blaring and based on some pictures that were posted it was probably pretty dark inside. Not inconceivable that in a rush to get away some people were trampled.
Old 12 June 2016, 17:21
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogwelder View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBlwxqqAprQ

Wonder what those celebrities would say about this video? How disassociated from reality can you get? Just madness.......
Great post. Thanks for the link. Absolutely insane that people STILL try to separate Islam from terrorism. Islam is Terrorism. Any denial of that fact is simply born of ignorance and political indoctrination.
Old 12 June 2016, 17:21
Confirmed User

Supposedly the security inside had a weapon and fired at attacker.. No word on what happened to him etc.
Old 12 June 2016, 17:25
Un-confirmed User

Hopefully they found out...unfortunately the hard way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1465765615051.jpg (57.1 KB, 411 views)
Old 12 June 2016, 17:40
Violent Social Worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
When I was running the protective services program for the dude some of you know who, I often interfaced with Orlando PD and they were top notch. The second guessing needs to stop.
I'm seeing ignorant cops doing it too on social media. If they were there they'd have done X, Y, and Z.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 12 June 2016, 17:42
Very Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Supposedly the security inside had a weapon and fired at attacker.. No word on what happened to him etc.
It was an off duty police officer doing security according to the initial reports.
There is still a lot of info yet to be released or discovered. Hopefully the initial officer was not injured if he did engage.
Old 12 June 2016, 18:04
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
I just checked out the venue on google maps, it looks like a relatively small club, although maybe there were a couple of levels inside.

It was packed on a Saturday night, loud music blaring and based on some pictures that were posted it was probably pretty dark inside. Not inconceivable that in a rush to get away some people were trampled.
Remarkable amount of victims..... and the carnage the victims lived through and the 1st responders had to manage upon arrival.
Old 12 June 2016, 18:07
Midgetologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
Absolutely insane that people STILL try to separate Islam from terrorism. Islam is Terrorism. Any denial of that fact is simply born of ignorance and political indoctrination.
Yep, now we have to fight them here. Time to deport these Savages.
Old 12 June 2016, 18:09
In From The East

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnrgr1sg View Post
Alcohol serving establishment or not...one armed citizen in the parking lot or nearby could have saved lives. But you won't be hearing this from the liberal media. It will be spun absolutely upside down.

Very tragic. RIP to the fallen and condolences to the families.
Concur.
Old 12 June 2016, 18:11
Been There Done That

Not to hijack, and no disrespect--but how long before Trump pounces on this with a vengeance?
Old 12 June 2016, 18:13
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
IMHO, still too many unknowns to say why they didnt do an active shooter drill.

The good part is that they have two of the best SWAT teams on the planet right there in the same county.
Absolutely. Many members of 20th Group are on both those SWAT teams, to include an SF Brigadier General who used to be 20th's commander. They are routinely trained by the ODAs from 3/20 that are on active duty for counter-drug operations. I can't think of a better element I'd want responding to this.
22 Aug 17
Old 12 June 2016, 18:15
Adding Chlorine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
Not to hijack, and no disrespect--but how long before Trump pounces on this with a vengeance?
I know it's hard to believe but he has already shown more class on this than POTUS, HRC, and Bernie. A couple tweets and radio silence, meanwhile the left is running full potato on "Guns, Guns, Guns"

Not As Lean, Not As Mean, Still A Marine
YAT YAS
Old 12 June 2016, 18:22
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDawg View Post
I know it's hard to believe but he has already shown more class on this than POTUS, HRC, and Bernie. A couple tweets and radio silence, meanwhile the left is running full potato on "Guns, Guns, Guns"
I concur, Fox has reported the POTUS has yet to say this was an attack of radical Islam....really. Fucking genius...

Clinton was quick to jump on the anti-gun bandwagon instead of addressing the real issue...fucking clown shoes.
Old 12 June 2016, 18:23
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
When I was running the protective services program for the dude some of you know who, I often interfaced with Orlando PD and they were top notch. The second guessing needs to stop.
Thank you. There was some strong work done by OPD and neighboring agencies this morning.

"Butch up, prom queen"
-Wench
Old 12 June 2016, 18:28
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Yep, now we have to fight them here. Time to deport these Savages.
Shooter was born in the US.

"And thus I clothe my naked villainy with old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil."
- Shakespeare, Richard III.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did."
-T.E. Lawrence, "Seven Pillars of Wisdom".
Old 12 June 2016, 18:36
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofthedesert View Post
Parents were from AFG.

Immigration without assimilation is invasion.
Old 12 June 2016, 18:51
Make a desert and call it peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofthedesert View Post
Evidently "birth citizenship" isn't sufficient to civilize the savage. Unsurprising, they have nothing in common with other Americans. Just foreigners who happen to reside within the borders of the US.

Actually it's pretty common for 2nd and 3rd gen foreigners to backlash/radicalize as they sacralize the 3rd world fuckery they have little/no direct experience with. The grass is always greener and all that. It's OUR fault for letting these hyenas among the sheep. Human nature is human nature; ignore it at your peril, as shown here, again. Obviously, that "watch list" accomplished fuck all, with the Feds getting to play voyeur and document the slaughter.

As to Trump and other right wingers being radio quiet; they've no need to get loud, the facts speak plainly (in spite of all the shitlibs are doing to obfuscate)

It's the shitlib vermin who must obfuscate, lie and lie some more to recreate the facts into something else. I can almost forgive the homos and other mental weaklings who are trying to rationalize away the hatred of their identity. Almost. Weakness attracts abuse from thugs, as we can see here, again. Code Pink and the other homo advocate groups should go hard on stopping then reversing Islamic invasion of the west. It really is a survival effort for them, as demonstrated, again.

As to the SWAT/police effort: just shows that even with literal world class efforts/orgs, every individual is still on his own for his own safety and that of his loved ones.

All in all, just more data to reinforce what even half honest, slightly intelligent people already know. It's the honesty that's the key thing. It doesn't take much brainpower to analyse facts if you don't have insane and deceptive preconceptions trying to convince you to disbelieve your lying eyes. That's the core problem; having to mentally overcome all this shit lib indoctrination of self destructive blindness. S/F.....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 12 June 2016, 19:01
Calix Meus Inebrians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
He's been intermixing reminders that "he was right" with less than usual bombastic statements about what happened.
Old 12 June 2016, 19:04
Been There Done That

I'll bet the Army Reserve Major who threw a packet of bacon on the Raeford Mosques front steps and brandished a pistol, threatened the occupants and was arrested the other day is bouncing off the walls of his Ft. Bragg confinement cell going "I fucken told yooooou!"
22 Aug 17
Old 12 June 2016, 19:16
Authorized Personnel

The talking points are "this is the deadliest mass shooting in US history" and that is being hammered home in the news. FYI, they do mention terrorism but is more of a secondary thought. Forgive me if I don't share their view, this is the deadliest terrorist attack since 9/11. The tools used should not even be a major point of discussion.

America...a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots

Never trust a politician that starts with " I have always supported Americanís 2nd Amendment rights butÖ "

I will not submit to your will. I will not be intimidated.

Our new posting rules