Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 15 July 2016, 12:48
Confirmed User

Hell needs to be unleashed, like Arc Light, or Pheonix etc etc.. Hit em hard, but keep media out of it.
Old 15 July 2016, 14:35
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Hell needs to be unleashed, like Arc Light, or Pheonix etc etc.. Hit em hard, but keep media out of it.
We need to defeat an ideology. I am pretty sure warheads on foreheads doesn't get us close to defeating radical jihadists.

Jews (Holocaust) and Blacks (US Slavery) had the numbers to overtake their "captives" yet they couldn't. Why? For the same reason we cannot expect the majority of Muslims to overtake Radical Islam. Power, strength, fear and brainwashing.

It is like asking the American public to overtake the Federal Government because of the $19T+ debt. Good luck with that strategy.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!
Old 15 July 2016, 14:41
Confirmed User

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7138466.html

Good job, random dude.
Old 15 July 2016, 15:31
I've got a gun too, mf'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
We need to defeat an ideology. I am pretty sure warheads on foreheads doesn't get us close to defeating radical jihadists.

Jews (Holocaust) and Blacks (US Slavery) had the numbers to overtake their "captives" yet they couldn't. Why? For the same reason we cannot expect the majority of Muslims to overtake Radical Islam. Power, strength, fear and brainwashing.

It is like asking the American public to overtake the Federal Government because of the $19T+ debt. Good luck with that strategy.

I concur that the only way to ultimately win is to convert enough people to our way of thinking (which is not fundamentally a religious conversion, but to acceptance/belief in the principles that make western societies relatively free and prosperous).
We could win by going medieval on them, heads on pikes and all, but in order to do so successfully we would effectively have to so destroy our own culture that it would be a Pyrrhic victory.
- Bootsy Collins
"If you don't like freedom, for heaven's sake, pack your bags and leave"
- Rotterdam Mayor Ahmed Aboutaleb
"I appeal to all our citizens, no matter from what land their forefathers came, to keep this ever in mind, and to shun with scorn and contempt the sinister intriguers and mischief-makers who would seek to divide them along lines of creed, or birthplace or of national origin."
- Teddy Roosevelt
Old 15 July 2016, 15:57
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison View Post
This should be front page news. I don't understand why citizens aren't encouraged to risk their lives to take down evil. Yeah, you may die. Yeah, you may not be the individual to take down the evil. But you will encourage others to do the same, which is what we really need in this age - people other than those who serve to risk their lives to save others.

"Here I am Lord. Send Me." IS 6:8

"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." JN 15:13

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!
Old 15 July 2016, 16:56
Not a ninja...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baildog View Post
..We could win by going medieval on them, heads on pikes and all, but in order to do so successfully we would effectively have to so destroy our own culture that it would be a Pyrrhic victory.
Cultures have survived for all of recorded history doing just that. IMO it is the overwhelming violence that changes minds, not the hugs and caring and asking people to be different. That weakness breeds appeasement.
Old 15 July 2016, 17:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimja View Post
Cultures have survived for all of recorded history doing just that. IMO it is the overwhelming violence that changes minds, not the hugs and caring and asking people to be different. That weakness breeds appeasement.
I never said jack about hugs and kisses. What I believe is that we need to believe that our way of life is actually better, and act accordingly. That wouldn't be weakness. Weakness is our current half-assedness, where we lack both the conviction of our strength and the strength of our convictions. If you see a way that we can rampage on them without imposing any additional restrictions on our personal liberty at home, bring it on. I don't see that happening ... especially when for the most part we ourselves don't seem fully convinced that our way of life is better.
- Bootsy Collins
"I appeal to all our citizens, no matter from what land their forefathers came, to keep this ever in mind, and to shun with scorn and contempt the sinister intriguers and mischief-makers who would seek to divide them along lines of creed, or birthplace or of national origin."
- Teddy Roosevelt
Old 15 July 2016, 17:17
Make a desert and call it peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
The Serbs had it right.
Yes, they did. We've been on the 'wrong side of civilization' for a long time now. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 15 July 2016, 17:17
Confirmed User

Nimja and Baildog are both somewhat correct. But the problem is that many of them want to come here, because they already know that our way of life is superior also. We can't hold a couple hundred million shitheads in our country, there is either going to come a time of serious head smashing or a steady flow of trickle up poverty/immigration until the developed world starts to blend with the underdeveloped.
Old 15 July 2016, 17:51

Agree. Problem is there is no emperor to cry uncle and call off the dogs. This is a war of ideas and cultures, not states or governments. Even if we nuke the whole ME, war won't be over. Unless maybe we also go full police state at home. That ain't what winning looks like to me.
- Bootsy Collins
- Teddy Roosevelt
Old 15 July 2016, 18:56
Make a desert and call it peace.

Culture is upstream from politics, demographics is upstream of culture. America has been being destroyed via demographic change since 1964. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 15 July 2016, 22:23
Perpetual FNG

I try to keep at a broad political spectrum of friends in my FB feed, including rabid supporters from as many sides as I can collect. The attack in Nice is interesting because, since it has happened, not a single one of my friends has mentioned it. No condolences, no memes, no snarks, no French flags for profile pics. Total silence. Have any of you noticed the same thing?

-MacS
Old 15 July 2016, 22:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
Culture is upstream from politics, demographics is upstream of culture. America has been being destroyed via demographic change since 1964. S/F....Ken M
Which is why the hammer is falling so hard in France. I was in Paris in 2001, the 9th or 11th district was referred to as the "Muslim Quarter" and was a place you just didn't go, especially after dark. They've had years to infiltrate and see what a different culture looks like, and still choose to undermine it.

Part of it is lackadaisical attitude towards constantly upholding what a given nation is supposed to stand for and represent.

Early American immigrants gave up their flags to come under a new ideal. If they won't convert to those ideals and we're still letting them in, then we need to have more babies to keep the status quo.

"...and having done all, to stand."
Old 15 July 2016, 23:22
Confirmed User

Quote:
I try to keep at a broad political spectrum of friends in my FB feed, including rabid supporters from as many sides as I can collect. The attack in Nice is interesting because, since it has happened, not a single one of my friends has mentioned it. No condolences, no memes, no snarks, no French flags for profile pics. Total silence. Have any of you noticed the same thing?
I have noticed the identical thing in my facebook feed. Being from California, most of my friends and family are liberal and I have heard nothing about this from any of them. Even the ones who have a problem with islam would never vote with the conservative side. I think they are getting used to these attacks being commonplace and even if a nuke was set off by Muslims, they would still refuse to support punishing or condemning them.

As far as my conservative friends are concerned, I think they are aware of how fruitless arguing with liberals about this is. I am not liberal or conservative but will vote for the most right wing candidate from now on. No point in arguing with those who disagree. I'll keep my mouth shut and hopefully my vote will speak for itself. Too bad many of us have to do this but I would prefer a right wing form of fascism over a leftist one. Only issues I care about now are my gun rights and my hatred of Muslims.
Old 16 July 2016, 00:38
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSwarthy View Post

-MacS
Maybe the liberals are trying to absorb that memes, snarks, tricolors, and rainbows won't make the problem go away, and pretending the problem doesn't exist isn't working for them anymore.

More likely, they are trying as hard as they can to NOT absorb all that, because it would force them to think logically or - horror of horrors - agree with their political enemies.

I don't think most conservatives were ever into that patronizing touchy feely stuff in the first place, so an apparent lack of it speaks to liberal silence.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 16 July 2016, 00:58
Perpetual FNG

Quote:
Maybe the liberals are trying to absorb that memes, snarks, tricolors, and rainbows won't make the problem go away, and pretending the problem doesn't exist isn't working for them anymore.
Quote:
I think they are getting used to these attacks being commonplace and even if a nuke was set off by Muslims, they would still refuse to support punishing or condemning them.
I move around a lot, but I've spent most of my time in Nor Cal, So Cal, and MN. I'm back in So Cal for the next while so, yeah, my friends tend to be varying shades of dark blue, too. I was on a date last night with a very liberal woman in her late 30's. I mentioned it while segueing between topics to see her reaction. It looked a lot like vapor lock. Like her toolbox of liberal ideology had nothing to address this situation, but was unable to think outside the box that's been built for her. I agree with both of you, and I think it's probably a combination of the two.

-MacS
Old 16 July 2016, 01:04
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
This should be front page news. I don't understand why citizens aren't encouraged to risk their lives to take down evil. Yeah, you may die. Yeah, you may not be the individual to take down the evil. But you will encourage others to do the same, which is what we really need in this age - people other than those who serve to risk their lives to save others.

"Here I am Lord. Send Me." IS 6:8

"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." JN 15:13
Solid post, good sir.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 16 July 2016, 01:41
Confirmed User

Quote:
her toolbox of liberal ideology had nothing to address this situation
I think you nailed it as far as a large portion of them are concerned. I have a few liberal friends that agree with me about Islam and one even agrees with me regarding a permanent stop to their immigration here. Unfortunately, these individuals hate the conservative ideology to such a degree that they could never come together and work with someone who thinks different than they do for a common goal. They would rather the Muslims hoards come here.
Old 16 July 2016, 16:17
Perpetual FNG

Quote:
No condolences, no memes, no snarks, no French flags for profile pics. Total silence.
Finally got one. Someone posted a tweet from Peter Gunn equating the people who threaten to run over BLM protesters who block highways with the shit head from Nice. It doesn't seem to be getting any traction, though. If we have another high body count terrorist attack within the next month, I wonder if we will see liberals begin to have an internal ideological crisis and dissension in their ranks.

-MacS
Old 16 July 2016, 17:13
Confirmed User

I don't think so. I think the only time we will hear anything from the liberals regarding Islamic terrorism is when the attack is on our soil and it involves guns. They are only concerned with furthering their anti-gun narrative. I really believe that most liberals have no issue with these attacks. They are more interested in protecting Muslims and combating Islamophobia. Even the ones I know who have a problem with Islam would never be willing to do anything about it.

I just hope the right wing continues to grow as a result of these attacks and doesn't become complacent.

I guess what really matters is all those Pokemon waiting to be caught at the Nice crime scene.

Our new posting rules