Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 18 July 2016, 18:13
Very Deplorable

German train axe attack.

Reports coming in that at 2115 local time in central Germany, a man described as an "Afghan refugee" with an axe has injured at least 21 people on a train.
CNN has little detail, but another local source had more info.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/18/world/...ing/index.html

Ban axes... Blame the axes.
Old 18 July 2016, 18:15
Confirmed User

4 injured

About to post this. Apparently only 4 are injured, 3 seriously. Guess where the attacker is from?

http://news.sky.com/story/axe-wielding-attacker-injures-four-on-train-10505574
Old 18 July 2016, 18:17
Very Deplorable

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36827725

BBC saying 17 injured. Suspect shot dead.

We know how initial reporting goes.
We'll see what the tally is finalized at by tomorrow or late tonight.
Old 18 July 2016, 19:31
Confirmed User

Was about to post it, too.
As I am following the reactions in German media closely I can already predict how this will be presented.
Currently, many editorials are written about Nice, France. And many of these state the opinion that it was not an Islamist terror attack, but a mere killing spree by someone who clearly was suffering from mental disease. The "proof" for that lies in the fact, that he apparently did NOT have any direct contact to a terror network. Thus, these attacks are only normal killing sprees. Can't make this up.
Old 18 July 2016, 19:35
Authorized Personnel

Just another incident that shows how a bad guy will use whatever instrument they need to in order to kill or maim their targets. It isn't always a big, bad gun.
Old 18 July 2016, 20:48
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
Just another incident that shows how a bad guy will use whatever instrument they need to in order to kill or maim their targets. It isn't always a big, bad gun.
Uh, if it was a gun, those 21 would be dead rather than zero dead and 21 injured. Let's face it.

Once again, I have to say, if you're going to argue against the liberal agenda, use good arguments. Not ones that can be dismembered in like 2 seconds and make us all look dumb.
If 10,000 snakes were coming down that aisle now, and I had a door that I could shut, and in that 10,000, 1,000 meant right, 1,000 rattlesnakes didn't want to bite me, I knew they were good... Should I let all these rattlesnakes come down, or should I just close the door and stay safe?
- Muhammad Ali #MakeAmericaGreatAgain
Old 18 July 2016, 21:08
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
Uh, if it was a gun, those 21 would be dead rather than zero dead and 21 injured. Let's face it.

Once again, I have to say, if you're going to argue against the liberal agenda, use good arguments. Not ones that can be dismembered in like 2 seconds and make us all look dumb.
It makes the point I want it to. Whether 21 people were shot AND killed is of no moment. And it really doesn't matter how long it takes to do the work. Pistol, rifle, axe, hammer, whatever!
Old 18 July 2016, 21:39
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
......if you're going to argue against the liberal agenda, use good arguments. Not ones that can be dismembered in like 2 seconds and make us all look dumb.
Exactly.
If we eliminate hyperbole and straw man arguments we can get to solving problems much quicker.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!
Old 18 July 2016, 21:54
Administrator

Quote:

So?

You don't know if they'd be dead.

That said, I see no reason to shy away from the comparison. It's too easy to counter and say, "yeah, but if one person had been armed the dude would have only injured two."

Libs want to disarm people for control. It's that simple.

IMO there is no reason to accept any premise they put forth in the debate. We should set the agenda, not them.
Old 18 July 2016, 21:56
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
Exactly.
If we eliminate hyperbole and straw man arguments we can get to solving problems much quicker.
Aren't you an advocate of some type of gun control?

What problem are you trying to solve?
Old 18 July 2016, 23:29
All Labs Matter

Quote:
While it may have been the best example, the sentiment is correct. Most people are getting amped up over gun politics without thinking that - in the absence of guns - trucks, fire, poisons, fertilizer, blades, disease, planes, water and who knows what else has, could and will be used for mass murder.
Old 19 July 2016, 00:10
Confirmed User

Jesus cucking Christ, that BBC article..................

Quote:
Some witnesses quoted by German media said they had heard him shout "Allahu akbar" ("God Is Great") during the attack.

Although the motive has not been established, the BBC's Damien McGuinness in Berlin says there is nervousness in Germany about attacks by Islamist extremists following the attacks across the border in France.
Quote:
In May, a man reportedly shouting "Allahu akbar" killed one person and wounded three others in a knife attack at a railway station near the German city of Munich.

He was later sent to a psychiatric hospital and authorities said they found no links to Islamic extremism.
I'm honestly SHOCKED the BBC even mentioned it was an Afghan, and didn't label him an Asian like the Swedish do whenever a Muslim is caught doing typical muslim things.

The media is so complicit in this it's basically organized treason (aiding and abetting a declared enemy). Relevant.
Old 19 July 2016, 00:36
Confirmed User

I read and noticed that too. Lol. Unsure of the motives. He is just doing what Afghans do. Axe murdering people on trains and shooting up gay bars etc.
Old 19 July 2016, 00:45
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
Jesus cucking Christ, that BBC article..................

I'm honestly SHOCKED the BBC even mentioned it was an Afghan, and didn't label him an Asian like the Swedish do whenever a Muslim is caught doing typical muslim things.

The media is so complicit in this it's basically organized treason (aiding and abetting a declared enemy). Relevant.
While I definitely and FULLY agree that the media is guilty of trying (and succeeding) in misrepresenting these attacks (especially when of the "lone wolf" type), the case in Munich genuinely seems to have been some schizo nutcase that had taken a liking in beheading videos. He was a 27 year old that was drifting around Germany and had been in in-patient care for being a nut, wearing no shoes because he was convinced they would be used to track him.

That being said, it is absolutely appalling how media tries to spin the narrative. As I have mentioned above, the current discussion in Germany basically is that "lone wolf" attacks are not genuine, islamistic terror attacks. Makes me want to punch something.
Old 19 July 2016, 00:55
Confirmed User

perhaps it's time to repatriate our PPKs...
Old 19 July 2016, 01:02
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeager View Post
perhaps it's time to repatriate our PPKs...
Walthers?
The Argentinian Bersa clone has a better trigger.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 19 July 2016, 01:04
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le3 View Post
While I definitely and FULLY agree that the media is guilty of trying (and succeeding) in misrepresenting these attacks (especially when of the "lone wolf" type), the case in Munich genuinely seems to have been some schizo nutcase that had taken a liking in beheading videos. He was a 27 year old that was drifting around Germany and had been in in-patient care for being a nut, wearing no shoes because he was convinced they would be used to track him.

That being said, it is absolutely appalling how media tries to spin the narrative. As I have mentioned above, the current discussion in Germany basically is that "lone wolf" attacks are not genuine, islamistic terror attacks. Makes me want to punch something.
IIRC, that lone whacko that shot some people at the planned parenthood a few months back (around the time of the PP undercover video) was described by witnesses shortly after the attack as mumbling something about "no more baby parts".

On that blurb alone, the left wing media launched an absolute firestorm of propaganda painting the dude as a Christian terrorist --- much to the relief of many internet basement dwellers who were finally relieved they had something to prop up as the real-world example to use for their #notallmuslims nonsense.

If we're going by that litmus test, then by all accounts shouting "allah ackbar" is basically announcing what you are and what your motivations are. But, since we live in a world of double media standards, in which a guy can literally call 911 and declare allegiance to ISIS and STILL the authorities will deny it has anything to do with Islam ----- The truth is never reported.

But in short, yes --- while I think the German stabby nut was a nut, labeling it as 'uh, no ties to Islamic extremism found here!' (while he's running around stabbing people and yelling allah ackbar) is still another example of how the media is hiding and lying to the public to help the enemies of western civilization. I mean, what do you think Genghis Khan would have to say about the actions of the media??
Old 19 July 2016, 01:23
Confirmed User

DD0311,

You definitely have a point. No matter what the truth behind the Munich attack was, large parts of the media were going to paint it that way anyways. And I also agree that an individual does not need to have been in contact or given directions by a terrorist org directly to count as a "bona fide" terrorist.

That being said, it didn't take too long for the german political inteligencia to churn out a tweet.
"Tragic and our thoughts are with the victims. Why couldn't the attacker be neutralized without being killed???? Questions!"
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2016-07-18 at 10.19.48 PM.png (58.7 KB, 212 views)
Old 19 July 2016, 01:27
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le3 View Post
"Tragic and our thoughts are with the victims. Why couldn't the attacker be neutralized without being killed???? Questions!"
Jesus.

And then people wonder why an actor dressed as Hitler is wandering the street, being practically mobbed by German citizens begging him to come back and save them. To save Germany.
Old 19 July 2016, 06:22
I aim to misbehave

Nevermind

While true:
Continue

Our new posting rules