Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 20 July 2016, 00:16
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
Yes. That is a legit argument. But not the one proffered.

Now, a better argument would be "Hey, a guy just killed like 80 people with a truck. Which is more than the Orlando guy with guns." Now THAT is an argument.

Not "Hey, a guy just killed precisely zero people with an axe. You see! You shouldn't ban guns."
Do you think there is an element of the anti gun population that would hear a logical argument and change their view on the subject? It doesn't seem like logic and reason matter any more when it comes to this issue. It appears the anti gun crowd will only comment on a terrorist attack when they can use it to their advantage regarding their "guns are bad" narrative.

As soon as anyone blames Islam they are automatically labeled as racist and are shut down. This is why I think there was a lot of silence by conservatives in regards to the Nice attacks. Many of us who perceive Islam as the problem have to be careful who we say that to and where we say it. When a Muslim attack does involve guns, the liberals are very good at forcing us to go on the defensive and shifting the blame from Islam. There has to be a way to change tactics and make them go on the defensive. Wish I was smart enough to know what that was. Not sure if logical arguments would play a role in whatever that may be.
Old 20 July 2016, 07:57
Violence of Action

Quote:
Yes. That is a legit argument. But not the one proffered.

Now, a better argument would be "Hey, a guy just killed like 80 people with a truck. Which is more than the Orlando guy with guns." Now THAT is an argument.

Not "Hey, a guy just killed precisely zero people with an axe. You see! You shouldn't ban guns."
I like the way you assume what I was saying or the argument I was making. Assume away!
Old 20 July 2016, 08:44
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
I like the way you assume what I was saying or the argument I was making. Assume away!
The word "assume" is not synonymous with "observe". I observed the argument you made. There was no assumption. You made the argument. Don't try to backpedal.
If 10,000 snakes were coming down that aisle now, and I had a door that I could shut, and in that 10,000, 1,000 meant right, 1,000 rattlesnakes didn't want to bite me, I knew they were good... Should I let all these rattlesnakes come down, or should I just close the door and stay safe?
- Muhammad Ali #MakeAmericaGreatAgain
Old 20 July 2016, 08:53
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike76233 View Post
Do you think there is an element of the anti gun population that would hear a logical argument and change their view on the subject? It doesn't seem like logic and reason matter any more when it comes to this issue. It appears the anti gun crowd will only comment on a terrorist attack when they can use it to their advantage regarding their "guns are bad" narrative.

As soon as anyone blames Islam they are automatically labeled as racist and are shut down. This is why I think there was a lot of silence by conservatives in regards to the Nice attacks. Many of us who perceive Islam as the problem have to be careful who we say that to and where we say it. When a Muslim attack does involve guns, the liberals are very good at forcing us to go on the defensive and shifting the blame from Islam. There has to be a way to change tactics and make them go on the defensive. Wish I was smart enough to know what that was. Not sure if logical arguments would play a role in whatever that may be.
Exactly. We should not agree with any premise the anti gun people put out. We should own the debate, not allow them to frame it. That is a losing tactic.
Old 20 July 2016, 09:08
Violence of Action

Quote:
The word "assume" is not synonymous with "observe". I observed the argument you made. There was no assumption. You made the argument. Don't try to backpedal.
Nope. I didn't make an argument about anything...you did! I made a statement that it doesn't take a firearm to maim or kill multiple people.

As to back peddling, I don't have a clue what you are talking about.
Old 20 July 2016, 19:47
Confirmed User

Who's got the over under on next time an attack happens andthe perpetrator happens to have a mental illness?
Old 20 July 2016, 20:02
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
Nope. I didn't make an argument about anything...you did! I made a statement that it doesn't take a firearm to maim or kill multiple people.

As to back peddling, I don't have a clue what you are talking about.
Jesus Christ. Have fun in Bizarro World.
If 10,000 snakes were coming down that aisle now, and I had a door that I could shut, and in that 10,000, 1,000 meant right, 1,000 rattlesnakes didn't want to bite me, I knew they were good... Should I let all these rattlesnakes come down, or should I just close the door and stay safe?
- Muhammad Ali #MakeAmericaGreatAgain
Old 20 July 2016, 21:44
Violence of Action

Quote:
Jesus Christ. Have fun in Bizarro World.
Same to you!
Old 21 July 2016, 09:37
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
The real crime here is that we still don't know what his motives are.
From the link: "The 17-year-old arrived in Germany over a year ago and was granted asylum as an unaccompanied minor, and it is not thought likely that he was an Isil sleeper."

Am I the only one who doubts his claimed age? I've read several stories about immigrants in Europe, and here in the U.S. claiming to be teenagers although they appeared to be adults. Supposedly this secures better treatment and makes it more difficult to deport them. It seems like just another loophole that a group like ISIL would consider exploiting.
Old 21 July 2016, 10:24
Confirmed User

The faster these attacks happen, the better the chance the Europeans have to wake up rather than see what happens 20 years from now when all their anchor babies are adults.
Old 22 July 2016, 12:58
Reverse Apache Master

Mall shooting in Germany. Reports of multiple casualties. Developing...

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 22 July 2016, 13:02
Preparing to defend

Just seeing the initial reports coming in now
Old 22 July 2016, 13:38
Confirmed User

There seems to be actual footage of the shooter on Twitter.
Old 22 July 2016, 13:46
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison View Post
There seems to be actual footage of the shooter on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/YanniKouts/status/756541289882128385

Also reports of a second shooting are coming in.

From a German spokesperson...indicates the video is most likely legit as you can see the McDonald's in the background.

Quote:
"We believe there was more than one perpetrator. The first reports came at 6 p.m., the shooting apparently began at a McDonald's in the shopping center. There are still people in the shopping center. We are trying to get the people out and take care of them."

Last edited by KS11; 22 July 2016 at 13:56.
Old 22 July 2016, 14:30
Confirmed User

What will this shooter's excuse be? Reports from police say "multiple dead".

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/07...ports-say.html
Old 22 July 2016, 14:31
Confirmed User

^^Above Twitter link is not working.
Old 22 July 2016, 14:39
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVmedic View Post
^^Above Twitter link is not working.
Looks like they pulled the video. It's out there if you just really want to see it.

Old 22 July 2016, 14:42
Confirmed User

White guy. Chechen, European convert, or regular lunatic?
Old 22 July 2016, 15:24
Confirmed User

Police Say Terror Incident

Cnn's live feed says there are 6 dead, another large police operation near the downtown Munich, and police are looking for 3 shooters.
Old 22 July 2016, 15:32
Non Omittere

Fox News update now that shooter committed suicide and is potentially skinhead affiliated. Of course wrong until a few more hours. Godspeed to dead.

Our new posting rules