Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 23 September 2016, 14:12
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
Let me just throw this out there. For quite some time, I have refused to watch most professional sports due mostly to the abomination of the word team. These athletes who receive a kings ransom for playing a game and calling themselves "warriors", while laughable is why I did and do what I did / do. Its the beauty of capitalism. A life I benefit from and have sworn to uphold, in not so many words.

Fast forward to the situation where we have said spoiled brats now showing blatant disrespect for the very mechanism that provides their lavish lifestyles. I now more than ever still refuse to watch these children ingratiate themselves while demanding to be protected from a game that requires them to bang their head against another 300 lb man. I despise the entity and those that benefit from it. Maybe because I was a sucky football player, maybe not.

So for those of you that come on here and talk shit about freedom and honor and taking back America, here is your chance. This is the definitive moment in your life where honor means something more than a word engraved on a plaque on your wall. Here is my manifesto to the NFL and to all of you that seem to better your lives by quaffing the rancid stale air that drapes off of their collective sweaty ball sacks.

1. Stop watching Professional Football.

2. Stop patronizing the sponsors of Professional teams and games.

3. Encourage them to be fathers to their children and confront those who do not do the same.

4. Encourage them to make large donations to organizations like the boy and girls club of America. I mean millions, not front pocket money.

5. Encourage them to not play a game. Anyone can sit on their fat ass and call it a protest. Encourage them to boycott the sport and then see where their fucking conversation goes.

6. With all the time they will have on their hands, they should go to a local shelter or other support agency and volunteer, play catch with a kid, be the father figure the 75% of these kids will never have.

7. Tell them to take their white friends to their black neighborhoods. White people need to better understand to what its like to grow up back in America. Black people also need to own up for their share of the responsibility.

So here it is, Time to be a poser or truly an honorable person. Most of you here have lost a brother or a sister and to let these fucking spoiled children just keep having their way stops at the door to my house.

While I agree they have the freedom to protest, so do I and here is the foundation of it. Are you an honorable man? Post this manifesto and live by it on as many social media outlets as you can find. I will smell your lack of honor with every post you make.

So if I hurt your feelings, too fucking bad. Go to military dot com and post your praise. I have had enough of it.

RLTW
DOL
Outstanding post. I agree one hundred percent.
Old 23 September 2016, 15:10
Confirmed User

So Brissett has an inured thumb and needs surgery. Bwahahahahahaha! Belichick will still go 4-0 no matter who he has under center......
Old 26 September 2016, 08:11
Confirmed User

I know it's early in the season, but I'm surprised at how some of the teams have started.

Patriots 3-0. I didn't expect this with Brady out.

Vikings 3-0. They lost Bridgewater and Peterson and still have wins vs GB and Carolina.

Broncos 3-0. They had no idea who their QB was going to be, but they look as good as they did at the end of last season.

Eagles 3-0. A rookie QB that is playing lights out. That was an ass kicking they put on the Steelers yesterday.

Cardinals 1-2. They were supposed to be contenders.

Panthers 1-2.

Browns 0-3. Just kidding
Old 26 September 2016, 08:46
Confirmed User

Don't forget the Jaguars 0-3, who suck because, well they suck. On a day where the defense actually played good our QB can't fuckin help but throw shitty passes and pics.
Old 26 September 2016, 08:56
Confirmed User

Carolina is a dumpster fire right now. The O-line seemed to be elsewhere yesterday, and Benjamin was just a body on the field. What a display of crap.

That said, the Vikings have a legit defense.
Old 26 September 2016, 09:45
Genetically Deplorable

Vikes are kicking some ass!! But what sticks with me is the Jets. Fitzgerald tossed 6 INT's and demonstrated clearly why they did not want to give him a large contract. The $12 million they did give him for one year was probably $10 million too much! Same thing with Kirk Cousins (though he didn't hold out).
Old 26 September 2016, 10:33
Calix Meus Inebrians

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDave View Post
Vikings 3-0. They lost Bridgewater and Peterson and still have wins vs GB and Carolina.
The Vikings also lost Matt Kalil, a starting o-lineman, and Sharrif Floyd, a starter on their d-line. Mike Zimmer and the rest of that coaching staff are earning their pay by having the rest of that team ready to step up and perform despite all those injuries.
Old 26 September 2016, 11:15
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemTech View Post
Don't forget the Jaguars 0-3, who suck because, well they suck. On a day where the defense actually played good our QB can't fuckin help but throw shitty passes and pics.

I expected the Jags to be contenders for the AFC South. They've drafted well the last couple of years and didn't they sign a few key free agents?
Old 26 September 2016, 11:37
Genetically Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDave View Post
I expected the Jags to be contenders for the AFC South.
They seemed to be that team even the NFL channel was promoting as the team to watch.
Old 26 September 2016, 11:45
Confirmed User

The drafted well and also signed some key free agents. Our O-line and running game are pathetic. D played pretty good yesterday, we still need consistent pass rush but I like what I am seeing int he backfield. Bortles is a good QB and our receivers should be able to create. But for one reason or another they as a team cannot get their act together. At this point I'm not certain we have the right staff but the owner is giving them this season to get it turned around. I see no evidence that the ship is turning.
Old 26 September 2016, 13:25
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

We knew the Bears were going to be pretty bad this year, but this is turning into a repeat of Marc Trestman's last year as head coach.

Ryan Pace can't draft or manage, John Fox and the coaching staff can't coach but most importantly the players they have assembled can't play.

I also find it amusing that our head coach and (injured) QB are both castoffs from Denver. BTW, did any Dallas fans watch the game last night and see when the camera focused on Romo?

That was a QB watching his starting job slip away with each passing play. Right now Prescott has set the record for a rookie QB, 3 games in and he has yet to throw an interception.

To think, the Bears had 3 opportunities to draft this guy in the 4th round before Dallas took him.
Old 26 September 2016, 16:55
In From The East

I was just glad to see the Skins beat the Giants.
Old 26 September 2016, 19:11
RIP Cass and SOTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemTech View Post
The drafted well and also signed some key free agents. Our O-line and running game are pathetic. D played pretty good yesterday, we still need consistent pass rush but I like what I am seeing int he backfield. Bortles is a good QB and our receivers should be able to create. But for one reason or another they as a team cannot get their act together. At this point I'm not certain we have the right staff but the owner is giving them this season to get it turned around. I see no evidence that the ship is turning.
The ship better get right and headed on a positive course, or Gus is out of there! Our owner was clear, he expects to compete and compete well this year. We haven't done that in the last 2 games.

I expected Bortles to develop and advance a little more from last season. He has good wr and a good tight end to throw to, he simply had to make plays. Our running game is awful at this point, but so is our offensive line.

You figure with signing Chris Ivory the AFC's leading rusher from last year. And Malik Jackson one of the best DT in the game IMHO, our play and level of competitiveness would elevate, I haven't seen that either.

We have a good chunk of the season left, hopefully we get it together and get some wins. I've already lowered my expectation from 8-8 this season to 5 wins maximum.

Go Jags......
Old 2 October 2016, 21:57
Did...did I do that?

So holy crap, the Saints' defense woke up in the last 6 minutes of the game and set up 2 scores, letting them win it. Can't believe I'm happy about them being 1-3.
Old 2 October 2016, 22:13
Confirmed User

Fecking chiefs are getting fisted on SNF. Way to prepare the team, Andy Reid. What a J O K E.... But I'm sure Todd Haley is enjoying it since KC hasn't sucked this badly since he was coach.
Old 3 October 2016, 08:48
Confirmed User

The Panthers are just done. Some people point out that a few years ago they started 1-3 to go 12-4. This ain't that season.

I told my wife I was going to pull for New England because I had to go for a winner...and they lost. Maybe I'll start pulling for Cleveland. I need consistency.
Old 3 October 2016, 09:01
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoc View Post
I need consistency.
There are always the Lions. They tend to be very consistent..

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Old 3 October 2016, 09:51
Been There Done That

I grew up in Pittsburgh so a lifelong Steelers fan and now in the DC area so I picked up the Redskins as my NFC team but...I still haven't watched a game this year.

Really looking forward to Hockey season, Go Pens!

The amount of patience I have is proportionate to the number of witnesses present.
Old 3 October 2016, 18:04
All Labs Matter

Jets are in their traditional mid-season form.
Old 4 October 2016, 14:39
Darwin Award Presenter

Glad to see the Steelers wake up from whatever ailed them in Philly, and come back to stomp the Chiefs. 5 TDs.

WOW! Now if we can get past the Patriots.......

Our new posting rules