Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 4 October 2016, 16:44
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57Medic View Post
Glad to see the Steelers wake up from whatever ailed them in Philly, and come back to stomp the Chiefs. 5 TDs. .
I didnt see either game or the scores but did see this posted which made me laugh.

ETA: Sorry, tried to load a .gif but it failed

The amount of patience I have is proportionate to the number of witnesses present.
Old 16 October 2016, 12:32
Confirmed User

Torn today - Bears (who I grew up with) or the Jags (where I live).

Gonna go with the Jags, the Bears suck so bad that they need to blow the whole f'in thing up and start over so maybe a beating by the Jags hastens the process.
Old 16 October 2016, 14:17
Problem Solver

Rest in peace, Dennis Byrd; thanks for the memories and the inspiration...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.2832169

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 16 October 2016, 15:25
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

"Riverboat" Ron Rivera will have to start rolling some loaded dice if he wants to salvage even a portion of this season.

As I said last year, the football gods have decreed that Cam will never get to another super bowl. He's in the same boat with Brandon Marshall.
Old 16 October 2016, 15:54
Drawing my cutlass

C'mon Jets you can get back.....

...oh, who am I fucking kidding?

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Old 16 October 2016, 16:04
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

We now know how low the Bears can go, just how bad they are.

Jaguars 17, Bears 16

Go Cubs!!!
Old 16 October 2016, 16:55
Been There Done That

Panthers, I'm done with you this year.

1-5?? Cam led a spirited comeback after being down 21-0. But Gettleman, Shula, and whoever the defensive coordinater is needs to be fired. Gettleman is a cheap piece of shit who let the league's best CB walk for nothing and drafted yet another defensive lineman when we obviously needed another O-tackle.
If 10,000 snakes were coming down that aisle now, and I had a door that I could shut, and in that 10,000, 1,000 meant right, 1,000 rattlesnakes didn't want to bite me, I knew they were good... Should I let all these rattlesnakes come down, or should I just close the door and stay safe?
- Muhammad Ali #MakeAmericaGreatAgain
Old 16 October 2016, 19:38
Life is simple, not easy.

The Browns are down 28-13 (15 points) late in the fourth, they score a TD which puts them down by 9 points. Kick the extra point and you're down by 8 points, right? No, the head coach decides to go for two which of course failed and they're down by 9. So of course we recover the onside kick and score another TD. Did it matter? No, because now you can't tie the game with a 2-point conversion because you blew it the previous possession.

I like Hue Jackson, and yeah this team is basically starting over with him and the front office. But no matter what the chart tells you there is no reason to risk being down by 9 points at this point.

F***

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old 16 October 2016, 19:42
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
Cam led a spirited comeback
And then promptly left the postgame interview rather than answer questions after a tough loss.

The Carolina Panthers are only the second team to start 1-5 after playing in the previous Super Bowl since....

the 2004 Carolina Panthers.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old 16 October 2016, 20:51
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
The Browns are down 28-13 (15 points) late in the fourth, they score a TD which puts them down by 9 points. Kick the extra point and you're down by 8 points, right? No, the head coach decides to go for two which of course failed and they're down by 9. So of course we recover the onside kick and score another TD. Did it matter? No, because now you can't tie the game with a 2-point conversion because you blew it the previous possession.

I like Hue Jackson, and yeah this team is basically starting over with him and the front office. But no matter what the chart tells you there is no reason to risk being down by 9 points at this point.

F***
I thought it was a dumbass decision when they made it. As the announcers said, maybe the plan was to go for the win with another two point conversion if they scored again.
Old 16 October 2016, 20:53
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
And then promptly left the postgame interview rather than answer questions after a tough loss.

The Carolina Panthers are only the second team to start 1-5 after playing in the previous Super Bowl since....

the 2004 Carolina Panthers.
Yeah, I'd have walked out like a minute before he did. He answered a bunch of their competely gay questions and then had enough. It's unbelievable that these sports hacks get paid to come up with that kind of nonsense "Uh, how were you feeling on the sideline..."
If 10,000 snakes were coming down that aisle now, and I had a door that I could shut, and in that 10,000, 1,000 meant right, 1,000 rattlesnakes didn't want to bite me, I knew they were good... Should I let all these rattlesnakes come down, or should I just close the door and stay safe?
Old 16 October 2016, 20:55
The atomic zit

What about the TD pitch to Dontari Poe, KC Chief's NT?

That man is 6'3" and nearly 350#. His coach might be channeling Ditka and 85/86 Bears.
Old 16 October 2016, 21:19
RIP Cass and SOTB

Win #2!!!! GO JAGS!!!.....even though it was the Bears....so it's not like we beat the Pats or Seahawks, but a W is a W.
Old 16 October 2016, 21:32
Genetically Deplorable

The Panthers were a tempest in a teapot last year. They had momentum. They were rock stars doing everything right. They had enormous luck. With all that going for them they could not beat a broken and stale P. Manning. Looking back it almost seems embarrassing when I remember the Superman crap, the Dab, sideline selfies during games and all the other shit they rolled with last year. They were not hated by other teams because they were good. They were hated because they were assholes. I believe karma is now running away with them!
Old 16 October 2016, 22:35
REMF

Cam is a douche. Couldn't happen to a nicer asshole.
Old 17 October 2016, 06:24
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzmedic View Post
The Panthers were a tempest in a teapot last year. They had momentum. They were rock stars doing everything right. They had enormous luck. With all that going for them they could not beat a broken and stale P. Manning. Looking back it almost seems embarrassing when I remember the Superman crap, the Dab, sideline selfies during games and all the other shit they rolled with last year. They were not hated by other teams because they were good. They were hated because they were assholes. I believe karma is now running away with them!
That's about the most retarded sports related statement I've ever heard. You don't go 15-1 because of "luck". The year before, when they went to the playoffs at 7-8, THAT was luck.

The post touchdown celebrations aside, they had an incredible team last year. Cam was the league MVP. The guy holds the record for QB rushing TDs by a longshot what, 4 years into his career? The best MLB in the league. The 2nd best TE in the league. One of the top CBs. A massive defensive line.

They are horrible this year because of a cheapskate GM in Gettleman who let Josh Norman walk for nothing, used his first draft pick on yet another D-lineman instead of the O-lineman that is desperately needed to protect Cam, and made no free-agent signings of any significance. None. We're something like $17 million under the cap and the goddamned punter gets paid more than anybody in the backfield. You add to a SB team, you don't try to play moneyball the next year, which is what this guy is doing.

So let's face it- all the Panthers hate is because we have a black QB who runs the football as much as he throws it, pretends to be superman when he scores, gives footballs to little kids in the stands, wears idiotic clothing, and doesn't like reporters.
Old 17 October 2016, 07:02
In From The East

Glad to see the Redskins beat the Eagles. Cousins is looking pretty good, running game not shabby and the D showed up.
Old 17 October 2016, 09:33
Confirmed User

Quote:
That's about the most retarded sports related statement I've ever heard. You don't go 15-1 because of "luck". The year before, when they went to the playoffs at 7-8, THAT was luck.

The post touchdown celebrations aside, they had an incredible team last year. Cam was the league MVP. The guy holds the record for QB rushing TDs by a longshot what, 4 years into his career? The best MLB in the league. The 2nd best TE in the league. One of the top CBs. A massive defensive line.

They are horrible this year because of a cheapskate GM in Gettleman who let Josh Norman walk for nothing, used his first draft pick on yet another D-lineman instead of the O-lineman that is desperately needed to protect Cam, and made no free-agent signings of any significance. None. We're something like $17 million under the cap and the goddamned punter gets paid more than anybody in the backfield. You add to a SB team, you don't try to play moneyball the next year, which is what this guy is doing.

So let's face it- all the Panthers hate is because we have a black QB who runs the football as much as he throws it, pretends to be superman when he scores, gives footballs to little kids in the stands, wears idiotic clothing, and doesn't like reporters.
This. ALL of this. Underscored and capped.

Gettleman is an idiot. I get what he is trying to do, but for fuck's sake, spend some money! HE is the main problem, followed by a close second by the defense/defensive coordinator. If the D-line and the middle defense did their job up front there would a whole hell of a lot less pressure on that secondary.

Rivera should be secure. He is a great coach, hamstrung by Gettleman's bad decisions.

And for the Cam haters? Please. He will go into the HOF one day. He has smashed so many records and he's barely halfway, maybe even a third, into his career.
Old 17 October 2016, 09:36
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzmedic View Post
Carolina did not lose to P. Manning. he was inconsequential in his last SB. Carolina lost to the best defense in football and couldn't adjust.

If YOU think they were assholes, you just don't know the Panthers. They were hated because they were good, and enjoying it.
Old 17 October 2016, 11:19
All Labs Matter

Quote:
Or the team is lead by a narcissistic douche-bag of biblical proportions. Mr. "you show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser" ...well, show us all a poor loser and we'll show you a loser and low character human being. Manic when things go his way...then runs away when they don't. Fuck that guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeArmyNCO View Post
Cam is a douche. Couldn't happen to a nicer asshole.
X2

Our new posting rules