Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 20 January 2017, 13:23
Confirmed User

LOL, beautiful
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image002.jpg (27.8 KB, 386 views)
Old 20 January 2017, 13:27
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdawg24 View Post
LOL, beautiful
Now that is a oh shit moment. Hilarious!!
Old 20 January 2017, 13:36
Confirmed User

Quote:
LOL, beautiful

Have to admit.....violence or the threat there of... does solve problems.
Old 20 January 2017, 13:54
War on Christmas veteran

Quote:
LOL, beautiful
The photo of the biker and the guy in the Bernie shirt is not from the inauguration festivities.
It is from a rally eight months ago, back in April.

http://www.capitalbay.news/news/1024850-donald-trump-pressures-john-kasich-and-ted-cruz-to-drop-out.html

LRSD rhymes with thirsty

"The only rational patriotism is loyalty to the nation all the time,
and loyalty to the government when it deserves it."

-- Mark Twain

"I intend to live forever, or die trying."
--Groucho Marx
Old 20 January 2017, 14:09
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
It was one of the better speeches have heard in awhile. He got the liberals and the DC establishment all pissed off at the same time. The speech was centered around the people. Giving it back to the people. Making America great again. "We protect other country's borders, but do not protect our own borders" Just one of the points where he nailed it.
They panned right to Obama with Hitlery and W. Bush sitting right behind.

I just got done with just the first few minutes of POTUS' inauguration speech. Great stuff. MAGA!! Because YOLO!
Old 20 January 2017, 14:18
FIDO

Fox is reporting the PD is trowing flash bangs to keep the rioters back. Where is Guy?
Old 20 January 2017, 14:25
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk View Post
In just a few hours the left will become fans of federalism and the separation of powers. Yay!

I think we're about to enter into a very weird period in American history. I've repeatedly said that I'm not optimistic about this presidency, but I'm very optimistic about the 4 or 5 remaining judges on the "short list." So I guess I'll just wait and see on the rest of the mess.
The best part about today? The absolutely most awesome thing?

The 45th peaceful transfer of power in 228 years.

But I really like your assessment. That's about where I am.
Old 20 January 2017, 15:06
Confirmed User

Forward Observer Open Source Intelligence is tracking all of the "special" groups as they protest in and around DC. I had no idea there were so many different snowflake groups.
Old 20 January 2017, 15:14
Genetically Deplorable

When POTUS finished his speech and walked down the line of people behind him, he shook all their hands except Biden. Classic!

http://www.mediaite.com/online/chuck...ing-president/
Old 20 January 2017, 15:35
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

My favorite sign from one of the protests in DC, thus far at least, was one that said "Down With This Sort Of Thing".

A prankster appears to have infiltrated their ranks. For a second I thought his cap, which was red, might have said Make America Great on it.

As for the speech, I thought he did a pretty good job. Immediately after that, of course, the various networks I bounced around on basically tried to distill it down to the narrative that it was populist, narrow, didn't go far enough, went too far, etc., etc. I expected nothing less, but I still enjoy watching them try to make sense out of this whole thing.

Last edited by Spinner; 20 January 2017 at 15:41.
Old 20 January 2017, 15:52
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by H60Gunner View Post
Forward Observer Open Source Intelligence is tracking all of the "special" groups as they protest in and around DC. I had no idea there were so many different snowflake groups.
I bet if they followed the money a large sum of it would be from an old familiar place......
Old 20 January 2017, 16:01
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmueller View Post

The best part about today? The absolutely most awesome thing?

The 45th peaceful transfer of power in 228 years...
I couldn't agree with you more but actually, although Trump is the 45th person to hold the office, it's only the 42nd peaceful transition in our history.

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 20 January 2017, 16:34
Spice Weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
Are you against the 1st Amendment?
Well, since he's from New Zealand, it's probably not a relevant question from his frame of reference.

However, if the assembly is inciting immediate rebellion, then the First Amendment doesn't cover its activities. Probably not the case here, though.
Old 20 January 2017, 16:44
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

So far 100 people will get a chance to have their voices heard.

In court, when they go before the judge.
Old 20 January 2017, 17:12
On the Razor's Edge

Bill Clinton looked out of it, and HRC looked like the only thing that kept her from yelling "it's my turn," were pharmaceuticals.
Old 20 January 2017, 17:25
Newbie shooter

There is a video that shows Bill looking at something and Hillary catching him, staring at him for like 15 seconds straight with a smile on her face but angry eyes, then he notices her looks guilty and goes back to staring at whatever he was looking at.

Caption said she caught him staring at POTUS wife. Pretty perfect if that was the case.

Watched most of the coverage. Interesting to note the relationship that has blossomed between protestors and reporters.

Protestors make sure to mix in with the reporters as they seem to believe police will hold back if there are reporters in the mix (essentiality using them for cover) and the reporters get the money shot of whatever the protestors are breaking / lighting on fire / stealing.

I think that's a bad look on many levels, and the relationship just pushes more bad behavior from both sides.
Old 20 January 2017, 17:35
Been There Done That

I thought the speech was good. I saw some of the typical lefties whining that he actually said, "America first!" WTF is wrong with these people. Chrissy The Leg Pisser Matthews mentioned that Mussolini killed his son in laws when talking about Jared Kushner this morning. He followed that up later on saying that POTUS' speech sounded "Hitlerian."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid..._executed.html

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...und_to_it.html
Old 20 January 2017, 17:41
Been There Done That

[QUOTE=Local;1058625684]There is a video that shows Bill looking at something and Hillary catching him, staring at him for like 15 seconds straight with a smile on her face but angry eyes, then he notices her looks guilty and goes back to staring at whatever he was looking at.

This says he was eyeballing Ivanka, can't say I blame him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMtTR5oiPs0
Old 20 January 2017, 17:44
Not quite right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local View Post
. . . SNIP . . .
Interesting to note the relationship that has blossomed between protestors and reporters.

Protestors make sure to mix in with the reporters as they seem to believe police will hold back if there are reporters in the mix (essentiality using them for cover) and the reporters get the money shot of whatever the protestors are breaking / lighting on fire / stealing.

I think that's a bad look on many levels, and the relationship just pushes more bad behavior from both sides.
Bad like Paris Match reporter Claudine Vernier-Palliez when she went out with a gaggle of Fedayeen when they fired an SA-16 and hit the DHL Airbus cargo ship over the CJSOTF-AP compound.

Didn't look too good for her to be 'embedded' like that.
Old 20 January 2017, 18:14
Moving Target

Do You Know Someone Suffering From Trump Unacceptance & Resistance Disorder (TURD)?
TURD is a pattern of pathologically dissociative and psychotic behavior, first observed in the late hours of November 8th 2016, and increasing in severity with passing time.
Sufferers of TURD often exhibit pronounced cognitive dissonance, sudden bouts of rage, rioting, and uncontrollable crying.
People with TURD are characterized by a persistent unwillingness to accept that Donald Trump is going to Make America Great Again.
TURD Is caused by the election of Donald Trump as President of the United States of America. For many, both in America and worldwide, this was a shocking and unexpected outcome; their preferred news sources having failed to inform them that the alternative candidate was a criminal parasite.
Research is ongoing, but TURD appears to correlate closely with some of the following environmental and behavioral factors:
* Membership in the Democratic Party
* Identifying as a Feminist
* Currently enrolled in college, and/or Possession of a Liberal Arts college degree
* Living in a densely populated metropolitan area
* Massive student debt
* Spotty or non-existent work history
Patients with TURD are very resistant to treatment, and dangerous in large groups. Any possibility of treatment requires that they be separated from their hive-mind support apparatus; they cannot begin the process of accepting reality in the presence of encouragement towards delusion and irrationality. Separation may require the assistance of law enforcement.
If you have a friend or loved one suffering from TURD, urge them to seek treatment. Together we can beat this scourge, and Make America Great Again.

I really don't think treatment is possible only time may heal. Of course if they exhibit violent tendencies report to the police as possible terrorists.

Our new posting rules