Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 20 January 2017, 20:39
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9WvPi5S2BE
That video caused me as much pleasure as my morning shit, and a hot cup of joe.
Old 20 January 2017, 20:40
Shakeyville NZ

I thought that his speech was brilliant. Look after your own country first, charity begins at home. No wonder there are so many lemmings paid and opposed to this, Oxfam, God knows I hate them with a passion having worked for them twice, stated that the richest 8 people in the world possess the same amount of money as the poorest 50% of the world. Meh many will say, they deserve it, but when Christine Lagarde makes a point of stating that this anomaly could create serious problems for the world, ie Lenins point of indignation, I think even the most boneheaded amongst us, like me, should pay attention.
Old 20 January 2017, 20:42
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
Hahahahahahahahaha....

That was truly beautiful...but now I need to see an ophthalmologist to have my eyes fixed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO5kzKXZn5c

LMAO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 20 January 2017, 21:04
Shakeyville NZ

Are you against the 1st Amendment?

No I'm not, I believe in free speech and the right to self expression. Having been brought up in a Scotland where rationing had just ended and sedition was still punishable by hanging, being the second worst crime after treason, I fail to see why people who organise this
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38696095
Are not prosecuted, yup say your shit, don't start smashing stuff up. If it was organised, sedition. But wtf do I know.
Old 20 January 2017, 21:16
Genetically Deplorable

The announcer at one of the balls just told the crowd to welcome President-Elect Trump.
Old 20 January 2017, 21:21
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by maim View Post
No wonder there are so many lemmings paid and opposed to this, Oxfam, God knows I hate them with a passion having worked for them twice, stated that the richest 8 people in the world possess the same amount of money as the poorest 50% of the world

Whenever you hear things like this, every single time, just know that it's complete nonsense. The highest earning or richest 8 people may control huge industries and corporations, but all that money is tied up in those very industries. Those are the net worths of all the corporations that they own at that time.

Bill Gates, Warren Buffet etc. don't have $50b laying around. The conglomerates that they head are worth that much if they were all sold off...theoretically. If Gates was to dump huge portions of of his ownership in Microsoft and it's subsidiaries for example, it would cause those values to fluctuate, likely downward. Who's in the market for tens of billions of ownership stake? His business would have to first be bought up, and the revolving debt that is owed for rents, machinery, logistics, labor, outstanding taxes etc would still be subtracted from there. Anybody making an investment of that size would clearly know all this. If he was to say sell off all stocks and ownership rights for $50 billion tomorrow, the U.S. treasury would be $20b richer, and that couldn't cover welfare for a year.

That's just one example. You could take the wealth of the richest people on earth, distribute it out, and it wouldn't advance the world in any way. After every Tom Dick and Harry gets their couple hundred bucks.....? Then what?
Old 20 January 2017, 21:29
Been There Done That

Today has been great. People are so used to meaningless speeches that when a POTUS actually talks to the people they think of it as "out of the ordinary". People are losing their shit over something as simple as the content of the whitehouse website. One person literally thought Trump deleted climate change. Another person (a gay guy who Ive known for a long time) pointed it out as the reason why people shouldnt "relax" and give him a change.
Old 20 January 2017, 21:31
War on Christmas veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maim View Post
Are you against the 1st Amendment?

No I'm not, I believe in free speech and the right to self expression. Having been brought up in a Scotland where rationing had just ended and sedition was still punishable by hanging, being the second worst crime after treason, I fail to see why people who organise this
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38696095
Are not prosecuted, yup say your shit, don't start smashing stuff up. If it was organised, sedition. But wtf do I know.
If you organize a legal peaceful protest... and a bunch of people show up and break things, should you be charged with sedition?

Forget the organizer.
If a guy at a political protest smashes a store window... that is vandalism and destruction of property.
Smashing windows, throwing rocks, fighting... those are all crimes that should be prosecuted... but how are they sedition?

LRSD rhymes with thirsty

"The only rational patriotism is loyalty to the nation all the time,
and loyalty to the government when it deserves it."

-- Mark Twain

"I intend to live forever, or die trying."
--Groucho Marx
Old 20 January 2017, 21:32
War on Christmas veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzmedic View Post
The announcer at one of the balls just told the crowd to welcome President-Elect Trump.
Some people are still writing 2016 on their checks.

LRSD rhymes with thirsty

-- Mark Twain

--Groucho Marx
Old 20 January 2017, 21:33
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo Five Romeo View Post
I did that myself several days ago.

"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Old 20 January 2017, 21:34
Been There Done That

Quote:
who writes checks?
Old 20 January 2017, 22:23
Psalm 91:2

Melania is beautiful but Ivanka is stunning. She stole the show. Her gown is beautiful.

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Old 20 January 2017, 22:28
War on Christmas veteran

Very surreal.

Watching President Trump now, dancing at one of the inaugural balls, to "My Way."
"And now, the end is near..."

As he came out a few minutes ago to speak before the first dance, it seemed like nearly every single person in the massive crowd was holding up an iPhone to record President Trump.
That is just a phenomenon of the age we live in that I just do not understand.
Why do people do that?
When they go home tonight, they can find and download multiple professional recordings of the President speaking.. or they could have simply set their DVRs to record to any news channel that was covering the event.
Why do people no longer want the memory of watching a historic event with their own eyes?
Why do people prefer to view life, even when it is happening right in front of them, through their phone screens?
Who are they going to show that video to that didn't see it more clearly on TV?
humanity... ugh.

As to the President's comments...
Should I keep my twitter? ... dishonest media... crooked polls before the election... enemies
*sigh*
C'mon... you're president.
the protesters can't seem to move past the election, but neither can you... and you won.

LRSD rhymes with thirsty

-- Mark Twain

--Groucho Marx
Old 20 January 2017, 22:29
War on Christmas veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda1961 View Post
Melania is beautiful but Ivanka is stunning. She stole the show. Her gown is beautiful.
agreed
very classy

LRSD rhymes with thirsty

-- Mark Twain

--Groucho Marx
Old 20 January 2017, 22:54
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Very surreal.

Watching President Trump now, dancing at one of the inaugural balls, to "My Way."
"And now, the end is near..."

As he came out a few minutes ago to speak before the first dance, it seemed like nearly every single person in the massive crowd was holding up an iPhone to record President Trump.
That is just a phenomenon of the age we live in that I just do not understand.
Why do people do that?
When they go home tonight, they can find and download multiple professional recordings of the President speaking.. or they could have simply set their DVRs to record to any news channel that was covering the event.
Why do people no longer want the memory of watching a historic event with their own eyes?
Why do people prefer to view life, even when it is happening right in front of them, through their phone screens?
Who are they going to show that video to that didn't see it more clearly on TV?
humanity... ugh.

As to the President's comments...
Should I keep my twitter? ... dishonest media... crooked polls before the election... enemies
*sigh*
C'mon... you're president.
the protesters can't seem to move past the election, but neither can you... and you won.
Where to start, where to start... As to why people don't "live in the moment" I guess because they can take that recording ANYWHERE with them to view at ANYTIME. They can post in on their SM where hundreds of people can view it (yes, even though their friends could find the same professional recordings you mentioned), and it also serves to validate that they were "there". At no other time in history could people do that. Off topic, but what you should be asking yourself is why people spend so much time making the "perfect" picture to share on SM

While doing some CAS training I took video of the A-10 doing a run over us. Now that memory is preserved exactly how it was and I can view it anytime I want, not much different here. Sure I could look at hundreds of A-10 videos on YouTube, but none will be from my POV right as it was at the moment in time.

As to why the POTUS cannot move "past the election", well, the MSM, and hissy fit libtards, can't seem to let him. If the MSM was reporting honestly then he wouldn't have a need to defend himself. Just yesterday CNN went through the COC if he was killed, really?

I was taking to my neighbor today (a R probably about 65 or so). We were talking about the protests and neither of us could remember the Right displaying this much fucking butt hurt when Barry O won, either time. We both commented that those who didn't like him or agree with him knew that it wouldn't last forever and that sooner or later it would change back, life goes on. But the Left can't/won't do that. Until they accept the fact and move on POTUS Trump (hehehe) should keep banging away on Twitter and refuting their utter shit storm meltdowns.
Old 20 January 2017, 23:16
Confirmed User

Quote:
The photo of the biker and the guy in the Bernie shirt is not from the inauguration festivities.
It is from a rally eight months ago, back in April.

http://www.capitalbay.news/news/1024850-donald-trump-pressures-john-kasich-and-ted-cruz-to-drop-out.html
Doesn't matter. Still a great shot and a great meme
Old 20 January 2017, 23:16
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzmedic View Post
Was it Steve Harvey?
Old 20 January 2017, 23:18
Genetically Deplorable

That is one lucky Staff Sergeant dancing with the 1st Lady!!

Last edited by ramzmedic; 20 January 2017 at 23:47.
Old 20 January 2017, 23:19
Been There Done That

Great day.

Watching the POTUS and First Lady dance at the Armed Services Ball from home. While not an articulate speaker, President Trump has a way of getting through to your average Joe. (Thats why he is where he is)

I'm expecting great things....Mr. President.
Old 21 January 2017, 00:02
Administrator

Smile

Quote:
If you organize a legal peaceful protest... and a bunch of people show up and break things, should you be charged with sedition?

Forget the organizer.
If a guy at a political protest smashes a store window... that is vandalism and destruction of property.
Smashing windows, throwing rocks, fighting... those are all crimes that should be prosecuted... but how are they sedition?

What is the definition of sedition?

Is sedition a crime?

What is the difference between violent protest in which people are assaulted and injured, private property destroyed and sedition?
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate