Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Fitness

Old 10 February 2017, 16:40
Drawing my cutlass

Nuclear Stress Test

Had one today, not too bad. Reached my target heart rate of 136 at 11:26 at 4.2 MPH at a 16% incline. I could have gone on but the doc stopped the test at 12:00 because he had the data he needed. Later he said that the level of physical fitness I maintain is keeping my A-Fib in check, there's no need for anti-coagulants and I should just keep doing what I'm doing.

For those out there who are dealing with cardio issues get the test, I have to say get it, it's a thorough and comprehensive exam designed to put one on the right pathway for dealing with the ticker.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Old 10 February 2017, 16:41
Authorized Personnel

Good to hear, Brother! Prayers out for your continued good health.
Old 10 February 2017, 16:48
Confirmed User

I worked with a cards doc who said "every time you go for a run, you are having a cardiac stress test." If you have any history of cardiac disease, if may benefit.
Old 11 February 2017, 05:08
Moving Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justaclerk View Post
Had one today, not too bad. Reached my target heart rate of 136 at 11:26 at 4.2 MPH at a 16% incline. I could have gone on but the doc stopped the test at 12:00 because he had the data he needed. Later he said that the level of physical fitness I maintain is keeping my A-Fib in check, there's no need for anti-coagulants and I should just keep doing what I'm doing.

For those out there who are dealing with cardio issues get the test, I have to say get it, it's a thorough and comprehensive exam designed to put one on the right pathway for dealing with the ticker.
A couple of years ago I had the stress test where you walk on a tread mill and then they inject you with something that buckles your knees but they tell you to keep walking. I almost fell out but they said my heart was 10% stronger than the average man my age so go figure.
Old 11 February 2017, 20:53
Drawing my cutlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
Good to hear, Brother! Prayers out for your continued good health.
Thank you. Right back at you, bro.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Old 12 February 2017, 01:52
Been There Done That

good to hear that. My friendly neighborhood cardio doctor does that to me one a year since my by pass. I will admit I am not in the best of shape but it felt good not to have to do the chemical test.
Did you have a problem with your heart rate dropping right after or around hitting your target?

William Tecumseh Sherman-
I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast.
Old 12 February 2017, 11:22
Drawing my cutlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavegnr View Post
good to hear that. My friendly neighborhood cardio doctor does that to me one a year since my by pass. I will admit I am not in the best of shape but it felt good not to have to do the chemical test.
Did you have a problem with your heart rate dropping right after or around hitting your target?
I was back to the mid 80s within a couple of minutes and back down to the mid 50s by the time I was getting the second set of images done. The doc was surprised by the results given my history.

I look at the results as a validation of the theory that a disciplined exercise regimen combined with a good, home-based diet are two of the keys to a healthy life well into middle age and beyond. Even my 90-year old father exercises - walking everyday - and his mind and body are still sharp.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:

Billy L-Bach
Old 1 July 2017, 18:45
Confirmed User

I know this thread is a few months old, but I am having the nuclear test on the 10th. What data does the Doc get from the test besides heart rate?

Our new posting rules