Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 13 March 2017, 10:45
Administrator

In other news....you don't need to be able to read or write to be a teacher.

It's apparently okay to be a teacher if you cant read or write. As long as you're not White.

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/new-...-of-diversity/
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul.
-Invictus
Old 13 March 2017, 10:48
Authorized Personnel

That speaks volumes about why we are turning out illiterate kids. It's simple...their teachers are now illiterate and apparently it's okay to be that way.

Diversity by way of illiteracy...we are quickly becoming the laughing stock of the world.
Old 13 March 2017, 10:55
Been There Done That

I had an (American) working for me, who had lived in Sweden for several years. When he got there, he went to the local gov't office that finds you jobs. They made him a teacher in the national school system. He didn't speak Swedish (or whatever the language is), and wasn't teaching English. He read newspapers in the teachers' lounge all day until his shift was up. After a few years he came back.

So... That's how it works in Sweden. Look how great they're doing.
Old 13 March 2017, 11:02
BTDT

I hope it accelerates the social collapse in NY...

I wont be happy until people in NYC are joining the Aghori tribe and throwing their shit at the cameras while George Snuffalupagus is trying to interview liberals on GMA

America is making me rethink my position on evolution...
...I am witnessing liberals evolve into a culture of poo-flinging monkeys, so it is hard to dispute.

Evolution is real.

Last edited by Billy L-bach; 13 March 2017 at 11:10.
Old 13 March 2017, 11:40
Authorized Personnel

You ain't gots to read no good to teach no motherfuckin' kids, yo.
Old 13 March 2017, 12:29
War on Christmas veteran

The original AP article goes into problems with the test, beyond the racial complaints that make up the first couple of paragraphs.
In the article, supporters, even conservative supporters, of the new testing standards for teacher applicants complain that the one literacy test (one of many tests applicants take) is flawed.

Some complaints are that it is redundant, forcing applicants to pay an additional fee for a test with materials already covered in other tests... other complaints are about the format of the test, on the computer instead of on paper being confusing to follow or that some of the multiple choice questions are worded poorly, allowing for more than one answer to technically be correct

From the AP article....
Several education professors told The Associated Press the test doesn't measure anything that isn't covered in other exams students must take, including subject matter certification tests, the SAT, the GRE and tests that are part of their coursework. Also, they said the test's $131 price tag is too steep.

Michael Middleton, dean of the Hunter College School of Education in Manhattan, said that of the battery of assessments, "It's the one that looks like it's the least related to the actual work that teachers do day to day."

Charles Sahm, the director of education policy at the Manhattan Institute, a conservative think tank, is a strong supporter of raising the bar for teachers but not a fan of this particular literacy test.

Sahm took the $20 practice exam and thought it was a poorly designed test with multiple-choice questions that seemed to have more than one correct answer.

"I do agree that it's not a great test," Sahm said. "I found the reading comprehension section to be kind of infuriating. I only got 21 out of 40 right."

LRSD rhymes with thirsty

"The only rational patriotism is loyalty to the nation all the time,
and loyalty to the government when it deserves it."

-- Mark Twain

"I intend to live forever, or die trying."
--Groucho Marx
Old 13 March 2017, 12:54
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo Five Romeo View Post
The original AP article[/URL] goes into problems with the test, beyond the racial complaints that make up the first couple of paragraphs.
The AP article also says this:

Quote:
A federal judge ruled in 2015 that the test was not discriminatory, but faculty members at education schools say a test that screens out so many minorities is problematic.

"Having a white workforce really doesn't match our student body anymore," Soodak said.
And this:

Quote:
Kate Walsh, the president of National Council on Teacher Quality, which pushes for higher standards for teachers, said that blacks and Latinos don't score as well as whites on the literacy test because of factors like poverty and the legacy of racism.

"There's not a test in the country that doesn't have disproportionate performance on the part of blacks and Latinos," Walsh said.

But she said getting rid of the literacy test would be "a crying shame."

In implementing the exams, she said, New York had become "light years ahead of other states" in its teacher certification regimen.

"New York put together a suite of testing products that really got at the lack of rigor in teacher prep,"
Walsh said.
And also this:

Quote:
Ian Rosenblum, the executive director of the New York office of the Education Trust, a nonprofit that advocates for high achievement for all students, called the literacy test "a 12th grade-level assessment" - something a high school senior should be able to pass.

So basically we are (obviously) providing crappy education, and much of that is directed at poverty stricken neighborhoods who happen to have a lot of minorities. So the thinking is we need to lower the bar not raise it.

And in order to have more blacks and Latino teachers - who statistically speaking are getting the worst opportunities for education in comparison to those above the poverty line - we need to eliminate this specific test since 50-60% don't pass it because ..... they get crappy educations and it isn't their fault.

Yeah, that ought to fix the crappy education problems - hire teachers who don't hit a high standard.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!
Old 13 March 2017, 13:04
Administrator

So teachers who speak in ebonics can teach ebonics, and teachers who speak barrio can teach barrio. Makes perfect sense. We just need tests so that we can test and certify for fluency in ebonics and barrio.
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul.
-Invictus
Old 13 March 2017, 13:10
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
So teachers who speak in ebonics can teach ebonics, and teachers who speak barrio can teach barrio. Makes perfect sense. We just need tests so that we can test and certify for fluency in ebonics and barrio.
Simply another way to "dumb-down" America and turn us into a third world!
Old 13 March 2017, 13:17
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
Yes, but we can take comfort in our identity politics and political correctness.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!
Old 13 March 2017, 14:24
Genetically Deplorable

Screw all the testing. Give each teacher a book of short stories and then have them write a 5 page essay on one of them. They can say the tests are this and that but at the end of the day a teacher is either literate, or not. If they aren't, NYC needs bartenders and cartoon characters at Time Square!
Old 13 March 2017, 16:50
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Standardized testing is not really about education. Nobody ever learned anything by taking a test.

Standardized testing is not really about high standards. Passing a multiple choice test is not an accurate measure of anything. Those failing it probably don't' know enough about the subject, but those passing it may have been lucky guessers who just appear to know more than they really do, or the test may have asked them things they know without asking them about things they should know but do not know.

Standardized testing is all about creating the illusion that testing is necessary, and therefore the jobs of the people who create and administer the tests are necessary and valuable. The only people who benefit in any way from standardized testing are people who work in offices, not classrooms.

Some will use the testing data to say that American school kids compare this way or that to Brazilian kids or Pakistani kids, but nobody in the classroom cares because those kids aren't in our classroom. Some will use the testing data to say that education was better or worse ten years ago, but nobody in the classroom cares because the students from ten years ago are not here to work with now. The people who have a vested interest in the test have every motivation to ensure that it shows that students are not doing as well as desired nor as well as they used to do, because the same people who sell the tests will also sell you textbooks and educational programs that will help your students perform better. That's how it works with ACT, SAT, GRE, etc.

Brilliant people can take the test with flu symptoms, or a stomach virus, or a migraine, or a stressed mind due to their parent / sibling / dog / significant other being sick or dead, and the results will make them look incompetent. If you really want to know whether a student or teacher knows their stuff, you sit them down with experienced subject matter experts and find out. That's how successful businesses do it, and once upon a time that's how the military did it (I've been out a long time, so I don't know what they do now), but government has always hated that approach, and education at every level is an extension of government. Throwing a discrimination angle on that is just a new flavor of the spoils system that used to give us cops who couldn't speak English and blind firemen. There's nothing new under the sun.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 13 March 2017, 16:53
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
I once tried to stop myself going down a metal playground slide. All that happened was I hurt my hands. I still ended up in the sawdust at the bottom...
Old 13 March 2017, 16:58
Been There Done That

Thumbs down

Some sad stats. Why we are losing. What happened to America? We use to be the envy of the world. Not anymore.

https://rankingamerica.wordpress.com/category/education/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 13 March 2017, 18:46
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
What happened to America? We use to be the envy of the world. Not anymore.
Stupid low-IQ people coming from stupid low-IQ places in the world and being taught by stupid low-IQ teachers protected by a huge bureaucratic system known as "the blob". These people can't compete under TRUE equality, so the bar is lowered, again and again and again until the desired results are met. Until the smart kids aren't given the proper education they need to reach their full potential (unless mommy and daddy pay enough to send them to schools that aren't run by stupid low-IQ people). It is now advantageous to be a stupid low-IQ person because that is what is now rewarded. We have a system that is artificially selecting for the dumbest of the dumb, based on factors that have no basis on merit, but on appearance and behavior.

Even your smart kids that get awesome grades and go into fields that require some of the "smarter" degrees are now being fucked in the ass by corporations H1B'ing their butts into oblivion. By a complicit congress playing the artificial selection game. This is the Tech field.

Our entire nation is being spitroasted from top to bottom. Stupid people being introduced from traditionally hierarchical non-liberty minded societies because they make the best form of what is now modern debt-slaves: just smart enough to pull a lever/punch lego-code for $20k a year and live in a 15-person squalid hovel, but too stupid to know how to challenge the system and/or vote for anything other than "Free Shit™" politics that panders to whatever they see in the mirror. In essence, middle America is getting squeezed from the top AND bottom. The (D)s place the pressure from the bottom up via identity politics, and the RINOs/GOPe provide pressure from the top down via H1B corporate welfare.

And everywhere that mentality is practiced, you can see a change in the societies.
Old 13 March 2017, 19:11
Another pool cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
Stupid low-IQ people coming from stupid low-IQ places in the world and being taught by stupid low-IQ teachers protected by a huge bureaucratic system known as "the blob". These people can't compete under TRUE equality, so the bar is lowered, again and again and again until the desired results are met. Until the smart kids aren't given the proper education they need to reach their full potential (unless mommy and daddy pay enough to send them to schools that aren't run by stupid low-IQ people). It is now advantageous to be a stupid low-IQ person because that is what is now rewarded. We have a system that is artificially selecting for the dumbest of the dumb, based on factors that have no basis on merit, but on appearance and behavior.

Even your smart kids that get awesome grades and go into fields that require some of the "smarter" degrees are now being fucked in the ass by corporations H1B'ing their butts into oblivion. By a complicit congress playing the artificial selection game. This is the Tech field.

Our entire nation is being spitroasted from top to bottom. Stupid people being introduced from traditionally hierarchical non-liberty minded societies because they make the best form of what is now modern debt-slaves: just smart enough to pull a lever/punch lego-code for $20k a year and live in a 15-person squalid hovel, but too stupid to know how to challenge the system and/or vote for anything other than "Free Shit™" politics that panders to whatever they see in the mirror. In essence, middle America is getting squeezed from the top AND bottom. The (D)s place the pressure from the bottom up via identity politics, and the RINOs/GOPe provide pressure from the top down via H1B corporate welfare.

And everywhere that mentality is practiced, you can see a change in the societies.

Disagree with the bold.

It is the native-born stupidity that is the driving the engine. From apologists to the willfully ignorant, it is our citizenry that is allowing this to happen.

Blaming it on foreigners is too narrow a scope.
Old 13 March 2017, 19:12
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
Also known as the "Harrison Bergeron" effect...

Government-imposed equality.
Old 13 March 2017, 19:22
killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
Government-imposed equality.
Which is never about opportunity or effort, but always on the end results independent of effort or performance.
In other words, "equality" is and always been about making sure everyone ends up the same, regardless of anything they do or don't do to actually get there.
Old 13 March 2017, 19:25
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post
Disagree with the bold.

It is the native-born stupidity that is the driving the engine. From apologists to the willfully ignorant, it is our citizenry that is allowing this to happen.

Blaming it on foreigners is too narrow a scope.
Oh I agree, but I think the argument is circular in that regard. Who benefits first --- the idiots we are importing wholesale because of the false canard "we can't find qualified workers", or our own "idiots" purposefully dumbed-down by lack of standards --- and who don't have to perform because of the litany of welfare and other social programs making it "easy" to be poor? It's a chicken and egg question in my mind.
Old 13 March 2017, 19:26
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look. Don'tTouch. View Post
Which is never about opportunity or effort, but always on the end results independent of effort or performance.
In other words, "equality" is and always been about making sure everyone ends up the same, regardless of anything they do or don't do to actually get there.
See: "Marxism".

How funny if you look back through the Bolshevik propaganda, "equality" is like the #1 main theme being peddled to the useful idiots.

Our new posting rules