Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 16 March 2017, 20:12
Been There Done That

Exclamation VA gun rights bill

http://www.newsweek.com/guns-america...ll-vets-568578

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...tary-veterans/

No, the Govt. does not need to have access to VA medical records, to screen for "mental illness" to own a firearm. We all see where this is going. When people like General Betrayus (Ret.) comes out in favor of screening medical records of vets, well that just right there tells me it is not needed.

What road does this take us down? "Well, all vets who served in combat in Iraq, Afghan, Vietnam are a bit crazy you know? They cannot be trusted. Sgt. Bob Smith went to a PTSD counseling session, cause he saw his team mates killed in an IED. And sometimes he has nightmares and trouble sleeping. Better not let him own a gun."

Next thing you know veterans who really do need help, will not be getting it. Afraid that by asking for help, they will have some of their freedoms taken away. So instead they sit at home with a bottle looking down a barrel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 16 March 2017, 21:28
Old and Broke

Meh, anyone taking gun control advice from a felon is a fool.
Old 16 March 2017, 22:00
Administrator

So we cant enforce immigration laws because illegals might be afraid to go to the police but it's fucking fine for a warfighter who gave everything he had to have to choose between a God given constitutional right and seeking help from the very fucking agency created to help them.

Unreal.
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul.
-Invictus
Old 17 March 2017, 07:05
Rocket Surgeon

"Make sure you get your PTSD rating", they said. "It's free money", they said. I hate to be right, but I predicted this BS about 12 years ago.

"Butch up, prom queen"
-Wench
Old 17 March 2017, 08:10
Confirmed User

Which is why the VA should be reduced to a govt bank account number and a plastic debit-card that vets receive after discharge. Maybe a few pharmacies.

Any tool the govt gets it's hands on eventually becomes corrupted by the ever-present encroachment of their ideological insanity. Which is hell-bent on the complete dismantlement of the liberty and the installation of their marxist "utopia" (translation: distopian hellscape).

Wasn't it Feinstein that said she believed all vets should be rated with PTSD upon release, and it was up to them to be "proven" that they don't have it?
Old 17 March 2017, 11:23
Sound off for equipment check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeraz View Post
"Make sure you get your PTSD rating", they said. "It's free money", they said. I hate to be right, but I predicted this BS about 12 years ago.
They tried it with me, also, about 15 years ago. Even made an appt without my knowledge or request, saying those same words - "It's free money!" First thing that went through my mind was, "Bullshit, it will cost me my 2A rights down the road."

Turned out my Dr did not know about it, either. "VA" is a nom de plume of a rat bastard also known as "Nefarious."
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre bi ghwm t hē his frēond wrece, onne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn Ecgēowes
Old 17 March 2017, 12:57
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeraz View Post
"Nope, I'm fine"

"No nightmares, no shakes, nothing."
Old 17 March 2017, 13:02
Authorized Personnel

It's junk issues like this that will make brothers and sisters lie about their condition and further their inability to get the help they need. I am to the point where the VA needs to be scraped and something new take its place.
Old 17 March 2017, 13:27
Authorized Personnel

Figures. I have an appointment at my VA next week with a PTSD counsellor. My TBI assessment came back with some markers on it.

I could fall in a barrel of titties and come out with a cock in my mouth.
Old 17 March 2017, 14:52
Been There Done That

If I wanted to rule and control America, the first thing I would do is disarm all the combat veterans.

"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Old 17 March 2017, 15:00
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
It's junk issues like this that will make brothers and sisters lie about their condition and further their inability to get the help they need. I am to the point where the VA needs to be scraped and something new take its place.
10 ring....

America...a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots

Never trust a politician that starts with " I have always supported Americans 2nd Amendment rights but "

I will not submit to your will. I will not be intimidated.
Old 17 March 2017, 15:11
Confirmed User

Well check out this little tidbit from the article:

Quote:
The NRA-ILA reports that a military veteran labeled with a mental health moniker would actually face “a lifetime ban on the acquisition and possession of firearms, unless he or she successfully petitions for ‘relief from disabilities.’”
Talk about a foot-in-the-door. Who wants to guess how insanely hard it would be to get off that list once you're on it? Who wants to guess how easy it would be for someone to get on it (think Feinstein's comments)? These bills are easily "amended" after the fact by innocuous legislative text that reads like "definition in XXX 116 sec. A now defined as XXX in XXX sec 17 of XXX". That kind of crap is easy to slip into subsequent legislation as riders at the last minute (think "Hughes Amendment")

I remember the ass-blasting that Code Pink got for referring to him as "Gen. Betrayus" ----- but now it seems that they were in fact right (except for the reasons why, of course).

From the first article:

Quote:
Twelve House Democrats joined their Republican colleagues Thursday in voting in favor of a bill that would require a judge to first rule if veterans are a danger to themselves or others before the Department of Veterans Affairs takes action to prevent them from purchasing firearms. The House approved the Veterans Second Amendment Protection Act, backed by the National Rifle Association, by a 240-175 vote. The legislation will now go to the Senate.
So requiring a judge to declare you a danger.........isn't that just what happens now? Or is this just tangentially establishing jurisprudence for VA authority over gun seizures?
Old 17 March 2017, 15:28
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

If PTSD counseling makes a person ineligible to own a firearm, then I suppose just about every documented rape victim in America will be unable to possess a weapon to prevent their next rape.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 17 March 2017, 15:29
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
So requiring a judge to declare you a danger.........isn't that just what happens now? Or is this just tangentially establishing jurisprudence for VA authority over gun seizures?
No, this is non-tangentially reinforcing the authority of unelected judges to rule over what was once a republic.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 17 March 2017, 15:44
I aim to misbehave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
If PTSD counseling makes a person ineligible to own a firearm, then I suppose just about every documented rape victim in America will be unable to possess a weapon to prevent their next rape.

Well...yeah! Remember, the real goal here is a disarmed populace...and if they slowed down, they could make it happen without most of us even noticing.

While true:
Continue
Old 17 March 2017, 23:37
Old and Broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
Well check out this little tidbit from the article:

Talk about a foot-in-the-door. Who wants to guess how insanely hard it would be to get off that list once you're on it? Who wants to guess how easy it would be for someone to get on it (think Feinstein's comments)? These bills are easily "amended" after the fact by innocuous legislative text that reads like "definition in XXX 116 sec. A now defined as XXX in XXX sec 17 of XXX". That kind of crap is easy to slip into subsequent legislation as riders at the last minute (think "Hughes Amendment")

I remember the ass-blasting that Code Pink got for referring to him as "Gen. Betrayus" ----- but now it seems that they were in fact right (except for the reasons why, of course).

From the first article:

No, VA Doc or PA can say it and not let you know.
They also take guns from vets who have trouble managing their funds by saying they are incompetent.
I resisted getting a PTSD rating, and eventually had to get a rating (10%) which was (is) low enough to leave me alone.

This was another campaign promise by Trump, we now need to ride our Senators hard to make them honor the campaign promises.

Our new posting rules