Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Air Force Special Operations > Combat Control Teams (CCT)

Old 20 May 2003, 09:13
That Others May Live

Memo: Links

Welcome to the Air Force side of SOCNET.

If you donít know a lot about the people, jobs or forums under this category, let me help you a little. Although this is a team room, there are direct sources for each career field and groups within. Here are some well-frequented sites for the BTDTs in these areas:

By design, the career fields of Pararescue, Combat Control and Combat Weather have let my friend TE handle all the recruiting and background information for these career fields.

If you arenít sure what PJ, CCT and CW stand for, see this site:
Special Tactics . Com

If you have a more refined question or experience,
for Pararescue try:
PJ's in Nam

For Combat Control:
Combat Control Association

For AFSOC, fixed wing try:
Air Commando Association

or for you gunship guys:
Spectre Association

For helicopters try:
The Jolly Green Association

For Pave Low guys try:
MH-53PaveLow.com

For Combat Weather guys try:
Grey Beret

For TAC-P try:
The Romad Locator
or
Ranger TACP. com

For Security Forces:
Air Force Security Police . Com

or, for Vietnam era SPís try:
Vietnam Security Police Association (Air Force)

AF Survival/SERE guys like to hang out at:
U.S. Air Force SERE Instructor

Well, I hope that helps you. If not, feel free to shoot me a PM and ask.
Old 10 May 2006, 13:25
Probationary User

How Long is Combat Control Training all together
Old 10 May 2006, 15:12
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwhite09
How Long is Combat Control Training all together
About twenty years.
Old 11 May 2006, 20:57
Probationary User

Something like 2 or 3 years, quite awhile actually...
Old 12 May 2006, 05:46
Been There Done That

Thanks to KJ

First, thank you KJ for posting those links. That will undoubtedly assist many seeking AF-centric info.

CCT training (bare minimum) is about 23 months. Trainees spend a complete year at Hurlburt Field, FL for the majority of it.
Old 8 November 2007, 05:09
Confirmed User

The CCT guys do a great job. I met one of the CCT lads overseas last year. A good guy and excellent at his job. Good luck.
Old 23 November 2007, 06:57
Confirmed User

Gents, I am looking for someone to converse with via PM regarding CCT's. If anyone is interested let me know.

Cheers
Old 14 January 2009, 01:10

I am prior service of 5yrs and am interested in going CCT.... I have wasted 5 months of my life on a unmotivated female AF recruiter. I submitted my packet and she said she would "forward it up". Whatever that meant. That was in August. I called several times and she gave me excuses saying that she didnot know what was taking so long, so on and so on. There has got to be a better way. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 17 January 2009, 11:49
3rd Generation SOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx2806 View Post
I am prior service of 5yrs and am interested in going CCT.... I have wasted 5 months of my life on a unmotivated female AF recruiter. I submitted my packet and she said she would "forward it up". Whatever that meant. That was in August. I called several times and she gave me excuses saying that she didnot know what was taking so long, so on and so on. There has got to be a better way. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
I'll PM you the correct guy to get in contact with...
Old 19 January 2010, 02:20
Nonrate

Hi guys,

Im a former Recon Marine (2003-2007 enlisted AD) and I'm in my last semester of college. I'm looking at CCT but going in as an officer instead of enlisted. My main questions are;

1. As an officer would I miss out on operating and training like the enlisted guys. I'm thinking yes but I have heard otherwise.

2. As an officer, if qualified, is there a contract CCT option.

I've talked to a recruiter but he may have been slightly retarded and I gained zero knowledge from him other than they appear to have alot of slots open for CCT/PJ. Oh and he said something like I can join up and look super cool like the guy on the Transformers movie, while trying to slip in an enlisted contract fill out with the usual hollywood pamphlets. I'm aware of the whole dumb Marine stereotype (maybe not so much a sterotype) but does he seriously take me for a fuckin fool? lol

Any guidance and advice would be most appreciated!
Old 13 June 2010, 22:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markslams View Post
Hi guys,

Im a former Recon Marine (2003-2007 enlisted AD) and I'm in my last semester of college. I'm looking at CCT but going in as an officer instead of enlisted. My main questions are;

1. As an officer would I miss out on operating and training like the enlisted guys. I'm thinking yes but I have heard otherwise.

2. As an officer, if qualified, is there a contract CCT option.

I've talked to a recruiter but he may have been slightly retarded and I gained zero knowledge from him other than they appear to have alot of slots open for CCT/PJ. Oh and he said something like I can join up and look super cool like the guy on the Transformers movie, while trying to slip in an enlisted contract fill out with the usual hollywood pamphlets. I'm aware of the whole dumb Marine stereotype (maybe not so much a sterotype) but does he seriously take me for a fuckin fool? lol

Any guidance and advice would be most appreciated!
when I was in the 342nd Id see LT's and Captains cross training for CCT or PJ, doing the indoc with Enlisted trainees, and from my understanding Officers go through the Special Tactics Officer (STO) pipeline once they make it through the indoc course. To my understanding though, the STO pipeline is harder than the enlisted pipeline, they get more training, and alot of that extra training Im guessing has alot to do with Combat Leadership, but last I remember though I thought the air force stopped hiring officers straight in. now a days if you wanted to be an officer you'd have to go enlisted first.
anyways I hope this information was helpful to you, I cant say everything I said is still the way it is but thats how I remembered it to be.
Old 29 August 2010, 01:44

Depending on your grade, and the needs of the sts/grp your time on the teams are numbered (STO). The pipline is the same for E's & O's, but all STO trainees are pre selected and have a little course for that down @ hurby. Hope this helps
Old 29 January 2011, 21:08

Gents I'm EASing after 8 yrs USMC Infantry. I've considered AF Reserve/Guard CCT/SERE, something along those lines. Had a few questions and would appreciate it if I can find a Subject Matter Expert to answer. So far, one recruiter is fucking useless and the other won't talk to me until I'm on terminal leave. Thanks
Old 30 January 2011, 03:26
Been There Done That

The are are only two CCT Guard units, one in KY and another in OR. The KY unit requires that you live within 250 miles of Louisville, KY, as a condition of being a CCT.

Kentucky ANG

Master Sergeant Ted Bothur
Recruiter
Kentucky Air National Guard
Office 502-413-4091
Cell 502-471-7886
Fax 502-413-4471
theodore.bothur@kyloui.ang.af.mil

Oregon

173rd Fighter Wing Recruiting:
1-888-252-3305
COMM: 541-885-6649
DSN: 830-6649
Old 21 December 2015, 11:21
Authorized Personnel

KJ,

Facebook has pretty much killed our ROMAD.com traffic, so I'd recommend any prospects check out the USAF TACP Recruiting and USAF TACP Schoolhouse Facebook pages...

and can someone change that SECFOROMAD screen name to SECFOROMAiD, or delete it all together...

or maybe TACPenis...

Thanx,
HK

Sometimes you just gotta hoist the Jolly Roger and start slittin' throats!

Our new posting rules