Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Fitness

Old 26 June 2008, 10:10
Confirmed User

Quote:
I live in San Antonio, where we have 100º+ heat pretty routinely. As soon as my pair gets here, I'll let you know how they do in this kind of heat.
I would be very interested to hear how they perform in your area, irishsquid...
Old 26 June 2008, 10:38
I aim to misbehave

I ordered them yesterday (didn't know of any place in my area that would carry them...) so as soon as they come in, I'll let you know.

While true:
Continue
Old 26 June 2008, 11:12
Conformed User

I wear Nike Frees which are supposed to simulate barefoot running. I'd get these too, but they make your feet look like a hobbitt.
Old 26 June 2008, 11:57
I aim to misbehave

I used to use the nike free shoes...they were good, but not durable at all.

While true:
Continue
Old 26 June 2008, 13:05
Conformed User

The newest versions are better, but still, they do have durability issues. Unfortunately, there's nothing better.
Old 26 June 2008, 13:40
I aim to misbehave

I figure, I'm pretty funny-looking to start with. Ain't nothing ever going to change that, so I'll just embrace it and go with the hobbit shoes. If they hold up better than the nike frees, then I'm good to go.

While true:
Continue
Old 26 June 2008, 16:28
Conformed User

:DWhatever works, Frodo.
Old 30 June 2008, 09:48
I aim to misbehave

Ok...I had asked about the 2 compounds the sole is made of...I got an answer today from Vibram...

Quote:
Hello,

TC1 compound is our benchmark compound for general slip-resistance with durability; GM50 compound is significantly more slip-resistant, emphasizing performance, and sacrificing a bit of durability.

Please let me know if this answers your question,

regards

Lawrence Anastasi

While true:
Continue
Old 11 July 2008, 10:06
I aim to misbehave

Ok...my first report on these shoes. I've been wearing them pretty much constantly for about a week now. Only time I don't wear them is when I'm at work. Of course, they feel funny at first, but once you get used to them, they are comfortable as hell. I've noticed after a run I'm sore in places I didn't know I had before. They pretty much "force" a proper posture when running or walking. Now that I'm starting to get used to the "new" posture, all-in-all, I feel a lot better. My knees and back hurt less, if at all.

And, in answer to the question of how they hold up in the heat, we haven't had too many hot days since I got them, but we've had one or two, and I have not had any problems at all. They seem to hold up just fine. I got the "Flow," with the grey/camo color scheme. There. Now you have a review on them. I haven't tried crossfit in them yet, but I will, as soon as I can afford a gym membership somewhere they have a crossfit setup.

While true:
Continue
Old 17 July 2008, 02:38

I've had a pair since September or so. Had classics, didn't like them, got a pair of sprints instead, which I love.

I wear 'em all the time now, they're my primary "shoe" as well as "running shoe."

You have to be careful ramping up the mileage at first. I was sidelined for a while after some track intervals that left my pinkie toes hurt. Now I seem fine.

My only complaints: it's hard to get a great fit for all of your toes. Only of my pinkie-toe slots is smaller than the other, and if I wear them for hours and hours, the seam rubs against my toenail and can get painful. I have a pair of the injinji socks, as well, and approve of them.

-D
Old 17 July 2008, 11:31
hippies beware

Good input S3. Tell us a little about yourself in the "First Post Goes Here" thread.

OOC, out

"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain

"All that we see is perspective, not fact...All that we hear is opinion, not truth."
--Marcus Aurelius

"The time you spent typing and formatting this post would have been better spent hitting yourself in the face with a hammer."
--Jimbo

Wise old man--"That woman was SEXY!"
Young lad--"She's out of my league."
Wise old man--"Look...let women figure out why they wont sleep with you...dont do it for them."
Old 18 July 2008, 02:09
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3Project View Post
I have a pair of the injinji socks, as well, and approve of them.

-D
It's not like you have a choice if you wear 5fingers.

+

=

?????
Old 18 July 2008, 11:29
Authorized Personnel

I've worn them now on hot humid days (90/90) and they are still comfortable. Running in the things still cause me some grief and extended soreness. They are great on the boat. Crossfitting with them is fine. So far so good.
Edit to add: I wear them bare. No injinjis
Old 27 April 2009, 16:48
Been There Done That

Just bought a pair of KSO's, finally got around to buying them.

Wearing them around the house for now, getting used to them for a few days before I start running in them. Need to grab some of the Injini socks, though.
Old 27 April 2009, 17:25
Confirmed User

Red face

My second toe is significantly longer than my big toe. I guess that rules these out for me - unless there is some stretch to the toe thingys?
Old 27 April 2009, 17:28
Been There Done That

Not so much.

For example, my big toe is sized right and fits just right. However, the length of my toes tapers faster than the standard they used to make the shoes, so my small toe barely goes into the toe pocket. Hopefully it will work out. Anything smaller and my big toe would be in pain.
Old 27 April 2009, 18:16
Been There Done That

They are not for areas that have lots of rocks. I tried doing a hike in a pair here and I just bruised up the bottoms of my feet. After about a mile the boots came out of the ruck. The trail was a mix of sand, gravel and baseball sized rocks. It was the bigger rocks that really suck. If you live somewhere with lots of grass I think they would be pretty useful.
Old 27 April 2009, 19:17
I aim to misbehave

I have had mine now for quite some time, and love them. I mostly run in them on the beach when I go to SPI or Brownsville, but I wear them around most anytime I'm not at work...I also recently started wearing them for Crossfit...so far, so good...

While true:
Continue
Old 2 May 2009, 11:24
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horned Toad View Post
They are not for areas that have lots of rocks. I tried doing a hike in a pair here and I just bruised up the bottoms of my feet. After about a mile the boots came out of the ruck. The trail was a mix of sand, gravel and baseball sized rocks. It was the bigger rocks that really suck. If you live somewhere with lots of grass I think they would be pretty useful.
With no disrespect intended at all, I live out in the country, and have tons of small rocks all around... And I've ran over them all.. It didn't hurt at all... I mean, sure I felt they were there, but no pain was experienced... Then again, I do sometimes walk barefoot over those rocks and so that may have calloused the bottoms of my feet? Not sure...
Old 13 May 2009, 09:46
Midgetologist

How are they for wide feet?I have a hard time just finding regular running shoes except for New Balance.Do they come in wide?

Our new posting rules