Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Company Vetting and RFI

Old 4 July 2016, 07:36
Ne Obliviscaris

Merit Training

I was clued in to this company, Merit Training which apparently has offices in the UK and Malta. https://www.merit-training.com/about/

I recently hired a guy who took an NREMT-B course here in Malta from them. The owner, who's bio is listed first claims SF. Another one of the instructors claims 18D in his bio as well. His bio is further down. I was thinking of looking into some of the medical courses they offer but wanted to ensure these guys are legit.
The guy I hired is former British military and he stated that Jarvis was a "Yank Ranger." But it states 18D in his bio. Any info is much appreciated.
Old 7 July 2016, 10:38

This is our company. I was an 18E on ODA-166 in the late 90s but have since trained up to the US CCP-C. The 'Yank Ranger' was an 18D on ODA-183. Not sure why your guy called Jason a ranger. He never went to ranger school.

We also had an 'ol PA from 1/10 SFG on staff but he has retired back to Florida and we only see him during the SOMA conferences. But now that they moved those up to Charlotte we don't get to see him as much anymore.

The company is legit... we have two of us former action guys on staff as well as some SAS medics and some good doctors.
Old 8 July 2016, 01:41

One more thing...

We used the 18D critical task lists when designing the Industry Paramedic. We call it the "mini 18D."

It doesn't have much training in combat medicine since most of our graduates use this to work in remote clinics in Africa and the Middle East. We can't teach LTT since that is illegal in most EU countries. There is a group teaching LTT in central EU. Some of our instructors have helped out there.

The clinicals are in Africa where our guys are knee deep in trauma. They get a lot of medical patients as well as tropical medicine.
Old 8 July 2016, 02:55
Ne Obliviscaris

Thanks for the info BoonDoc.

Our new posting rules