Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Company Vetting and RFI

Old 27 July 2016, 11:01

Reed Inc.

Has anyone worked for Reed Inc in Afghanistan? I'm in the middle of talks with them in Afghanistan now and just wanted to reach out to see if there was any good/bad info. Thanks fellas.
Old 27 July 2016, 14:46
Confirmed User

dstoltz,
I didn't work for Reed, but I took care of their employees while in AFG this year. Reed had the contract for perimeter security at our camp. All of the Reed employees at our camp were South Asian, either Nepalese or Indian for the most part. I cannot obviously give you particulars, as I am not in their employ, but here are a few observations:

-The employees were always paid on time and the correct amount (I asked).
-Their benefits seemed to include care by USA Medical assets, and didn't rely on the local medical community. I do not know if this is contractual, as it is with some of the contractors there, but we DID provide medical/surgical care for Reed, to include me filling out treatment forms (for billing purposes).
-I spent a fair bit of time with their supervisor, who was a Westerner, and he seemed happy with his job and pay (I asked this, too). My interactions with him were mostly when he would bring a sick or injured Reed employee to me for evaluation/treatment.
-All the Reed employees in our camp were exceptionally polite and courteous, and they took their job seriously.
-The health of the Reed employees was, generally speaking, pretty good, which leads me to believe that there is a robust screening process.

I read your bio, which is why I responded to your inquiry. My guess is that you will have some form of supervisory and/or medical role for Reed.
Welcome to SOCNET!

Regards,
Danny
Old 27 July 2016, 15:22
#AllLionsMatter

dstoltz,

Post an intro in the appropriate forum per your "initial" instructions.

Thanks and good luck.

There is a limit to compassion.

Our new posting rules