Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Domestic Jobs

Old 19 September 2012, 19:25
Confirmed User

Los Angeles: Full-time Executive Protection Agent

SB approved.

L.A. based security company is seeking qualified candidates with both EMT and executive protection background. Minimum 5-years experience in both fields (not combined) required. Military or law enforcement experience preferred. Applicants must be physically fit, have current guard card, EMT certification, and driver’s license. Eligible candidates will submit to a current EMT qualifying exam. Please send resume to: Emt261 at yahoo dot com
Old 15 March 2013, 04:16
Confirmed User

Another opening here. I'll revise the above to exclude necessary EMT certification/experience. Everything else still stands.
Old 15 March 2013, 06:41
Firearms Industry Exile

PM shortly.

Poison is a great dude, whoever gets this gig is a lucky fella. If you're considering it, I would get off the fence and try.

Rest Easy SOTB
Old 15 March 2013, 23:58
Authorized Personnel

I would throw my hat in this ring...but alas, no Calif. guard card.
Old 16 March 2013, 02:53
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSoldier71 View Post
Thanks for the endorsement, Sow.

A Cali guard card is easy enough to get.
Old 16 March 2013, 13:16
Confirmed User

Quote:
When I drove Armored Cars, getting a Guard Card and a gun card was a 1 day course. Thats been a while ago. I think the gun card was a second day, but was over by lunch time after a qual at a local range. Thats been a few years ago though.
Old 16 March 2013, 16:12
Confirmed User

I just want to add my .02 about a CA guard card. They are stupid easy to get, if you qualify for this job you will be able to sleep through the class. Google guard card training in your area. You will have to get your prints taken and a BSIS background check but the company you get your card through will be able to walk you through the process. It should only take a couple weeks to get the card in the mail.

Most places also do the firearms portion as well. One day including the range and watching the other "guards" shoot is quality entertainment. You will have to qualify for every caliber you intend to carry and register your carry firearms with BSIS.

Merging back to my lane...

Quote:
Old 16 March 2013, 19:40
Authorized Personnel

If you tell me relocation is a part of the package, I will submit today.
Old 19 March 2013, 18:13
Confirmed User

Yes, both guard cards and exposed permits are exceedingly easy to obtain. Both are a complete snooze-fest, minus the aforementioned comedic range-time with your 'peers'.

Unfortunately, reocation is not part of the package. We'd never forcibly move someone to Los Angeles.
Old 20 March 2013, 18:21
Ungood

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison View Post
We'd never forcibly move someone to Los Angeles.
LMAO
Old 20 March 2013, 22:29
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Yes, both guard cards and exposed permits are exceedingly easy to obtain. Both are a complete snooze-fest, minus the aforementioned comedic range-time with your 'peers'.

Unfortunately, reocation is not part of the package. We'd never forcibly move someone to Los Angeles.
Thanks for the shout back. I am back to the dark side of the world in a week or so anyway.

Related to your "peers" comment...several years back I took the PA Act 235 class. When it came to the range qual the intructor asked if I could give him and his partner a hand controlling the rest of the students, as it was a large class. I ageed to lend a hand. He asked "Do you have a vest?" I responded that I did. He said "Good. Wear it." He was not wrong. One of the scariest range sessions I have ever done, including Afghans and Iraqis.

Good luck with the search...
Old 21 March 2013, 16:19
Confirmed User

If you are lucky, you may even have a couple "ex" Green Berets and maybe even an "ex" Navy SEAL who is in his mid-30s and 75lbs over weight in your class to add some entertainment and some BTDT combat shooting advice. Just maybe.
Old 21 March 2013, 16:50
Firearms Industry Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pig View Post
If you are lucky, you may even have a couple "ex" Green Berets and maybe even an "ex" Navy SEAL who is in his mid-30s and 75lbs over weight in your class to add some entertainment and some BTDT combat shooting advice. Just maybe.
Luck has nothing to do with it. That's the only folks you'll find teaching these classes.

I heard once that you can take these courses online too, which makes them even easier.

Poison, my buddy has been pretty swamped out where he's at, he hopes to send in his résumé soon. If he doesn't, I'll send you mine

Rest Easy SOTB
Old 22 March 2013, 05:34

Resume sent. Not too many stateside EP work that can be considered true fulltime duty. Would love to hear more details about the position should I fall into the "lighter" side of the resume stack.
Old 22 March 2013, 05:42
Confirmed User

How the fuck is it possible to not put all 20 rounds in center mass at 7yds in 50 seconds (or whatever the dumbass setup is). Seriously. Mind boggling. Most here would have their weapon cleaned by the time all the lip-biting, one-eye closing gangster-style-shooting clowns finished.

No problem, Sow.

Thanks, Axman. It IS 40 hrs per week. Incidentally this is the first EP gig for me where the shifts are 8hrs, not 12, and full-time means less than 60hrs.
Old 22 March 2013, 08:29
Confirmed User

Smile

Quote:
How the fuck is it possible to not put all 20 rounds in center mass at 7yds in 50 seconds (or whatever the dumbass setup is). Seriously. Mind boggling. Most here would have their weapon cleaned by the time all the lip-biting, one-eye closing gangster-style-shooting clowns finished.

No problem, Sow.

Thanks, Axman. It IS 40 hrs per week. Incidentally this is the first EP gig for me where the shifts are 8hrs, not 12, and full-time means less than 60hrs.
Maybe some are former LAPD??????
Old 22 March 2013, 16:05
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodiebot View Post
Maybe some are former LAPD??????
That musta slipped...lol.
Old 24 July 2014, 00:00
Confirmed User

A position opened up here. I can't amend the first post, so please read on carefully:

We are looking for someone over 30, married with kids is a plus, with a military background and at least 5 years ep experience. Los Angeles area. CA guard card, exposed permit are a must, ccw a plus, emt a plus. This would be for 32-40 hours a week, and primarily nights to start, though it can involve other shifts and travel at some point. Very steady gig, good working conditions, $27-30hr depending on experience. Email secureshield77 at yahoo dot Com.
Old 28 July 2014, 13:26

EP work in LA

Email sent
Old 16 March 2017, 14:47
Confirmed User

Silverbullet, I tried to PM you, inbox is full. I have more of the above!

Our new posting rules