Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Company Vetting and RFI

Old 6 January 2016, 01:07
Anesthetized User

RFI

Seeking opinions/info for Stephen R. Barnhart. This inquiry is due to something seeming a little NQR.

What say you?

http://www.iappa.net

Well, it's a lot more compact than the flaming sword, but it's not nearly as impressive. Just doesn't have that Wrath-of-the-Almighty edge to it. I mean, come on, how am I supposed to strike fear into the hearts of the wicked with this thing?

Support SOCNET.

Last edited by Expatmedic; 6 January 2016 at 01:29. Reason: Proper grammar
Old 6 January 2016, 22:32
Confirmed User

I couldn't for the life of me recall where I recognized that website from, but it came up in relation to this thread:
http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php...hlight=dressor

In the brief open-source research I did on the company in that thread (Skagit PSS), I found the name of the owner, or at least a principal of the company, Scott Dressor. This guy and his company were mentioned in a very negative light in a post found in another forum, which I can't link to due to SOCNET rules.

This same guy, Dressor, is named on the right side of the IAPPA site, as having been awarded some sort of close protection certification.

I'm not sure what the nature of your inquiry is regarding Barnhart, but two tangentially related organizations popping up in two unrelated, but shady, SOCNET inquiries in two months, would be enough to give me pause.

Then again, I could just be a paranoid lunatic.
Old 6 January 2016, 22:48
Confirmed User

Also: The domain registry info for the IAPPA website lists an Ali Hayat as registrant, in connection with an address in Denmark. Searching "Ali Hayat" AND Denmark in Google returns a LinkedIn page for a Danish cop who is, surprise, surprise...a member of IAPPA, which in turn has it's own LinkedIn page, stating it's headquarters to be an address in bumfuck Missouri. Which appears to be either a 7-11 or a hair salon.

Just some more weirdness for you.
Old 7 January 2016, 13:29
Anesthetized User

Atrax, thank you for doing what you have.

It is appreciated.

Well, it's a lot more compact than the flaming sword, but it's not nearly as impressive. Just doesn't have that Wrath-of-the-Almighty edge to it. I mean, come on, how am I supposed to strike fear into the hearts of the wicked with this thing?

Support SOCNET.
Old 7 January 2016, 17:22
Confirmed User

My pleasure, I hope it's useful.
Old 17 July 2016, 20:52
Confirmed User

Anything ever come of this?
Old 21 July 2016, 22:12
Anesthetized User

Atrax, sorry for the late reply. Thank you for all you have done. This dude has fucked himself. This will benefit MANY people.

Support SOCNET.

Our new posting rules