SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > H2H Combat

Old 9 September 2018, 07:44
Been There Done That

UFC 228

Finally a worthy UFC event like the old days

Great matchups and some highlight reel knockouts including a one punch knockout by strawweight contender Jessica Andrade on the woman's side who, like bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes, fights like her opponent stole her lunch money.

Time well spent. The UFC needs more of these.

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Old 9 September 2018, 15:18
Confirmed User

Only saw the main event Woodley vs Till.

Once he was on the ground he was toast. Didn't even try to pull Woodley into guard, could have worked an armbar, even a triangle with his frame. I was suprised to find out Till could go undefeated in MMA with no real ground skills.
Old 13 September 2018, 11:45
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVmedic View Post
Only saw the main event Woodley vs Till.

Once he was on the ground he was toast. Didn't even try to pull Woodley into guard, could have worked an armbar, even a triangle with his frame. I was suprised to find out Till could go undefeated in MMA with no real ground skills.
I wouldn't go so far saying that Till has no real ground skills. Woodley is a powerful and experienced fighter and his top game is really that good. Till went down from a solid right hand and was protecting his rattled brain. Woodley held his base well while raining down some good shots and progressed to the D’Arce choke set up using those right punches and elbows to get there. It was slick.

Seeing Woodley start the fight closing distance and threatening the clinch and take down really opened up the opportunity for the right hand. Good plan and well executed.

“Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
― Thomas Jefferson
Old 13 September 2018, 22:13
Confirmed User

I think beyond the initial right hand that dropped him, after he took a few more on the ground and gained composure he still didn't show anything off his back. He didn't even clinch from underneath, bring his knees up, or attempt to pull Woodley into his guard.

Joe Rogan was talking about it on his show a couple days ago, starting around the 1:30 mark:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JgtO15rWaZ4
Old 14 September 2018, 11:06
Confirmed User

Quote:
I think beyond the initial right hand that dropped him, after he took a few more on the ground and gained composure he still didn't show anything off his back. He didn't even clinch from underneath, bring his knees up, or attempt to pull Woodley into his guard.

Joe Rogan was talking about it on his show a couple days ago, starting around the 1:30 mark:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JgtO15rWaZ4
At 2:11 on that video Joe also asks how compromised Till was from the right hand and the G&P.

I'm surprised that Woodley didn't knock Till out.
The right hand was a solid hit to the jaw with full power.

During the G&P Woodley literally bounced Till's head off the mat with an elbow. See 2:41 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpCTSspFyrA

Now does that mean I am defending Till's ground game and saying he should be rolling with Maia? No.

However getting caught with a flush right hand from Woodley and then having your brain housing group dribbled on the mat would compromise anyone's ground game.

“Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
― Thomas Jefferson
Old 14 September 2018, 14:23
Confirmed User

^That's a good .gif!
Old 14 September 2018, 15:16
Confirmed User

Quote:
^That's a good .gif!
Woodley and his team really prepared well for a southpaw coming in off the jab.

Beautiful trap and great execution.

― Thomas Jefferson

Our new posting rules