SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Old 9 September 2018, 00:17
Life is simple, not easy.

Alpha

If you have kids who love dogs, or if you love dogs, this is a good movie. Must see in the theater for the majestic scenery that was superbly captured on screen.

The setting is pre-historic/last ice age. A tribe goes hunting and a young man - perhaps 16ish - is left behind in what obviously is dangerous terrain. The young man is alone and needs to find his way back a long way with winter approaching. Circumstances match him up with a wolf, and the journey back is brutal as they team together for survival. It is a coming of age so to speak, but by no means is this the "cute and quaint" film I thought'd be when my daughter asked me to take her. Has a nice surprise in the end, too.

From IMDB:

"An epic adventure set in the last Ice Age, ALPHA tells a fascinating, visually stunning story that shines a light on the origins of man's best friend. While on his first hunt with his tribe's most elite group, a young man is injured and must learn to survive alone in the wilderness. Reluctantly taming a lone wolf abandoned by its pack, the pair learn to rely on each other and become unlikely allies, enduring countless dangers and overwhelming odds in order to find their way home before winter arrives."
Old 10 September 2018, 13:46
Been There Done That

Saw it and liked it. Even went to the big dollar theater to see it and paid way too much for the popcorn and drink.

Will see it again when it hits the Dollar Theater.

Don't think it will be a big money maker or get any awards - but I liked it.
Old 26 December 2018, 22:38
Been There Done That

Thumbs up

Really good movie!

Our new posting rules