SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 3 January 2019, 18:28
KidA's Avatar
KidA KidA is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: WbyGV
Posts: 19,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
KidA apparently doesn’t like his NPC programming being questioned. “Omg this YouTuber has KKK followers!”. Buuuuuuutttt, are they wrong? Lol.
If they think a movie sucked because of brown doctors or a black man portrayed positively then yes, yes they are fucking wrong.

That butthurt youtuber didn’t even discuss the plot, just the colors of the actors. Whomever that tube of shit is his claim to fame is apparently pointing out on YouTube that there be coloreds in the movies massa!

Coloreds in the talkies!

His faggot followers didn’t even watch the movie, just reacted to his being outraged that there are good black guys or doctors being brown or oh my fucking god there are single moms.


Does he have other videos where he counts how many times blacks share waterfountains then cry about libtards ruining America?

If someone is so fragile they think movies suck because darkies are doing good things in them then they’re a piece of shit. Period.
__________________
Hey homo, its me -- Andy/SOTB

Last edited by KidA; 3 January 2019 at 18:42.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 3 January 2019, 18:46
Atrax's Avatar
Atrax Atrax is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CONUS
Posts: 364
Enjoyed it. Not being able to see/kill the "monsters" definitely made things more harrowing. I also appreciated a veteran character who had his shit together without any of the usual tropes.

If you were outraged by secret messages in this movie, you must literally wake up in the morning and spend every waking fucking minute looking for a reason to be upset.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 3 January 2019, 19:13
DirtyDog0311 DirtyDog0311 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South
Posts: 7,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post

***BZZZZZTTTTT ---- NPC PROGRAMMING ERROR****

{Endline/Syntax response runcode:1984?}[YouTube comment fault line 0100101: Return key: FALSE]}

Run script: "Racist bigots"' 2883}]
.
{( Parameter: True]}{Monitor value = K374]}
..
..
..
Marxian boolean code values activated 1x=2y; y=mx+b[action: action result}]

RunEvent]]};,


Lol, dude did you watch the video? I mean the whole thing is that he explicitly states over and over that its not the whole "black man can't be a hero" thing that makes it liberal bullshit --- it's the fact that, within the context of nearly every single modern production being made, it's almost the singular overarching subplot being projected to the audience. To the point that it's almost the MAIN plot and that the actual stated plot is just some vehicle used to get the propaganda out there into the theaters.

And I mean, he's not WRONG. It not a case of "OMG tuh darkies are on that talkie toobey thingy again". It's the over-the-top contextual subplots and motifs being played over and over in Netflix bullshit (I thought you were into all that artsy-fartsy subplot analysis stuff). Not the individual movie or it's individual characters, even though one commenter pointed out the ways they "diversified" the characters for literally no reason whatsoever (I never verified the accuracy of the YT statement, full disclosure).

If that guy was even 50% correct about that shit he was saying about the video --- it's still a damning commentary. The forced diversity narrative ISN'T organic. "A fag, a morbidly obese preggo chick, a "trump supporter", black dude, butch Latina, and a single mom all bump into each other during the apocalypse and share a house together" sounds like the start of a bad bar joke. And it speaks to the quality of the movie when it's so bad that it breaks your immersion when you watch it. As they all are now.


Oh, and if you're looking for sanity in YouTube comments, you're going to have a bad time. Those fuckers make ME look like a liberal patchouli smelling kombucha-drinker from San Francisco.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 3 January 2019, 19:31
hawkdrver's Avatar
hawkdrver hawkdrver is online now
Red Headed Stepchild
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North
Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Sandra Bullock is still super duper bangable.
This is a pretty concise review right here. Lot of bang for the buck if you will.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 3 January 2019, 20:13
Mingo Kane's Avatar
Mingo Kane Mingo Kane is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
Lol, dude did you watch the video? I mean the whole thing is that he explicitly states over and over that its not the whole "black man can't be a hero" thing that makes it liberal bullshit --- it's the fact that, within the context of nearly every single modern production being made, it's almost the singular overarching subplot being projected to the audience. To the point that it's almost the MAIN plot and that the actual stated plot is just some vehicle used to get the propaganda out there into the theaters.

And I mean, he's not WRONG. It not a case of "OMG tuh darkies are on that talkie toobey thingy again". It's the over-the-top contextual subplots and motifs being played over and over in Netflix bullshit (I thought you were into all that artsy-fartsy subplot analysis stuff). Not the individual movie or it's individual characters, even though one commenter pointed out the ways they "diversified" the characters for literally no reason whatsoever (I never verified the accuracy of the YT statement, full disclosure).

If that guy was even 50% correct about that shit he was saying about the video --- it's still a damning commentary. The forced diversity narrative ISN'T organic. "A fag, a morbidly obese preggo chick, a "trump supporter", black dude, butch Latina, and a single mom all bump into each other during the apocalypse and share a house together" sounds like the start of a bad bar joke. And it speaks to the quality of the movie when it's so bad that it breaks your immersion when you watch it. As they all are now.


Oh, and if you're looking for sanity in YouTube comments, you're going to have a bad time. Those fuckers make ME look like a liberal patchouli smelling kombucha-drinker from San Francisco.
But...would you say it was a well acted, although tittie-less movie, with good dialogue and overall storyline? Curious minds wanna know, because God help me. I'm kinda siding with KidA on this'n. Not to stir the shit pot too much...
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 3 January 2019, 20:36
DirtyDog0311 DirtyDog0311 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South
Posts: 7,432
I watched the movie before I happened across the review online. I thought it wasn't all that great. The fact that the people were so fucking stupid made ME want to gouge my eyes out. In fact I'd say that the actual monsters in the movie were probably the shitty screenplay (adapted from the book) and poor directing skills of the production leadership team. So every time some character saw "the monsters", it was an unintentional breaking of the 4th wall. Although killing themselves at that point was probably a rational decision, and not an insane suicide on their part.

It wasn't that original, TBH. I thought it was a rip-off of "A quiet place". Yes, I know it was a book --- and Yes, I still think it was a rip-off. The stupid 'diversity' crap did make me roll my eyes though. Like "oh here we go again with the Netflix shit".

And I don't know how hard-up some of you guys are, but Sandra looked ROUGH in this one. Like Charlize in "Monster".
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 3 January 2019, 20:44
Mingo Kane's Avatar
Mingo Kane Mingo Kane is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
And I don't know how hard-up some of you guys are, but Sandra looked ROUGH in this one. Like Charlize in "Monster".
I'll bet your neighbor's think you're a peach...come on man, some of us are old. Once you roll past 50 the standards become a heartbeat and optional smile, Full set of teeth is a bonus, but not an overall necessity.

So your unbiased, non-political review is the movie sucked...

KidA?

Counterpoint?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 3 January 2019, 21:02
KidA's Avatar
KidA KidA is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: WbyGV
Posts: 19,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
I'll bet your neighbor's think you're a peach...come on man, some of us are old. Once you roll past 50 the standards become a heartbeat and optional smile, Full set of teeth is a bonus, but not an overall necessity.

So your unbiased, non-political review is the movie sucked...

KidA?

Counterpoint?
I enjoyed it. It was a different take on the whole apocalypse thing, even if the good guy was a black veteran.

I mean is Malkovitch a stupid person? A pawn in this complex SJW agenda driven by a video streaming service? I ask because the kook bird in the “I’m white and outraged there are coloreds given prominent roles in movies” diatribe has been described as incredibly right wing. So maybe he’s just too stupid to realize he’s a foil for the Netflix overlords not giving whitey their just due?

Or maybe these motherrfuckers just realize with more diversity comes more audiences and it’s all about the benjamins.

You sound like a pussyhat wearer just on the other side of politics.

Straight up: why does it bother you the hero character is black or is it he’s just one too many black hero characters? You seem to have a problem that it’s some propaganda plot

DD for as woke as you claim to be about the reptilians programming us for servitude you can’t be taken seriously when you used as proof a movie sucked some fat guy who spends his time counting blacks in movie roles and telling whitey it’s proof of an evil movie screening service propagandizing society.
__________________
Hey homo, its me -- Andy/SOTB

Last edited by KidA; 3 January 2019 at 21:12.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 3 January 2019, 21:27
Doc P's Avatar
Doc P Doc P is offline
Fan ar an gcosán
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
But...would you say it was a well acted, although tittie-less movie, with good dialogue and overall storyline?
I think it was very well acted, particularly having to act and move blindfolded. I picked up more of a "face your own demons" vibe than any other message. Titties would have been nice though.
__________________
Inspect what you expect
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 3 January 2019, 21:40
Gray Rhyno Gray Rhyno is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 9,676
This is another example of why I don't go to the movies. Too much subtext, political and otherwise, and I just don't care anymore.
__________________
"The most HSLD stuff ever taught was the basics. So-called 'advanced training' is often no more than the very fluid and expert application of those basic skills." - SOTB
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 3 January 2019, 21:52
Steve40th Steve40th is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Posts: 877
Entertaining. Wife and I watched it New Years Eve. Its a simple movie.
The only thing that didnt make sense is the dude watching the video cameras. It was a medium that he was looking at. Yet some people were able to see through their blindfolds and not be affected.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 3 January 2019, 23:06
DirtyDog0311 DirtyDog0311 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South
Posts: 7,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
I mean is Malkovitch a stupid person? A pawn in this complex SJW agenda driven by a video streaming service? I ask because the kook bird in the “I’m white and outraged there are coloreds given prominent roles in movies” diatribe has been described as incredibly right wing. So maybe he’s just too stupid to realize he’s a foil for the Netflix overlords not giving whitey their just due?
Malkovich's character or Malkovich the actor? Because the character was described as a being nothing more than a dumb-ass Trump supporter caricature. Same as what Hollywood/Netflix/etc does with it's 'white gun owner' shit --- like the Vet in Punisher who has the NRA hat at the PTSD meeting. Dumb as shit. Bigot. Essentially too stupid to function.

I really don't think you watched the video. Or you did and got mentally stuck somewhere with a false-impression and couldn't overcome your lizard-brain programming other than to shriek the word 'bigotry' over and over. Because you are programmed to know that word/phrase shuts down opposition.

Quote:
Or maybe these motherrfuckers just realize with more diversity comes more audiences and it’s all about the benjamins.
You do realize that's the biggest pile of boomer-logic that's been heard of in a while, right? Right up there with the whole "offshoring and outsourcing entire sectors of the American economy to China is Free Trade". Because John McCain said so. And because they said the phrase free trade like its a magical spell straight up out of the RNC's version of Hogwarts. Or Maybe the other boomer-tard logic knot that said for decades that out of control immigration from Mexico/Honduras/El Salvador/etc is a GOOD thing because like, uh.......something about them all being Catholic and they'll all like vote Republican once they're up here because of abortion 'n sheeit.

And if you checked the numbers, there is no logical sense to what you've said. You just made that shit up, right now, on the fly. The all-time (adjusted for inflation) box-office hits had nothing but an excellent story and fantastic acting to launch it to the top. Star Wars, Titanic, E.T., Jaws, etc. None of them had to have a literal forcing of LGBTXYZ123's thrown into the story. They were good stories, with solid acting skills. The 'diversity' was natural. Not forced. You never once had to break your immersion in the overall story.


Quote:
Straight up: why does it bother you the hero character is black or is it he’s just one too many black hero characters? You seem to have a problem that it’s some propaganda plot
Well, straight up, again you failed to grasp the entire point of the guy's bitching. It had absolutely NOTHING to do with the one guy being black (I know you're trying desperately to hit this point again and again by saturating this thread with that word in an attempt to trigger all of our mental programming on this issue), but that the whole movie had basically anti-white motifs spread throughout the entire thing. Personally, this anti-white christian heterosexual male propaganda is a common theme I've been finding a lot of in Netflix (and Hollywood/TV-produced filth) ..........and apparently a lot of other people are too. And I'm not talking about the YT commenters. The PURGE movies. The new Star Wars movies. Django-thegreatestthingaboutthismovieisIgettokillallthewh itepeople-Unchained. Subtle racism in the first. Literal nonsensical LGBT123%^#& cast placement in the second. Insanely racist in the case of the last one. Yet crickets. And when you call them out on it ---- the stereotypical libshit tactic of saying 'YOU must be the racist for saying this is racist!' "how dare you object to this totally-not-real™ agenda.....agenda" is always employed.

The first step in gettin yo-self straight WOKE on this shit is to first actually admit that there ARE agendas out there. That this stuff doesn't just coincidentally magic it's way into movies simply 'because of uh, like money or something'. I mean, could you fall for a lower hanging fruit of an excuse or what? Get woke, my brutha...........because people fucking hate you and they're trying to make other people hate you too.

And Kudos for taking what I posted originally as just a "here's a dude that's more angry than I am" video and turning it into some weird KKK shit that I never intended to in the first place. Props.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 4 January 2019, 05:31
leopardprey's Avatar
leopardprey leopardprey is online now
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 12,480
There is a lot of truth in what DD is saying, I have to admit. You get bombarded enough, and then people do not even realize what is happening. There is a serious progressive propaganda machine at work behind the scenes in Hollywood.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 4 January 2019, 05:59
Mingo Kane's Avatar
Mingo Kane Mingo Kane is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
There is a lot of truth in what DD is saying, I have to admit. You get bombarded enough, and then people do not even realize what is happening. There is a serious progressive propaganda machine at work behind the scenes in Hollywood.
...and literature. Trust me.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 4 January 2019, 07:40
KidA's Avatar
KidA KidA is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: WbyGV
Posts: 19,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
This is another example of why I don't go to the movies. Too much subtext, political and otherwise, and I just don't care anymore.
There isn’t any.

Not unless you’re a “woe is me, the poor white male, angry at the world, let me try to invent subtleties that don’t actually exist” type.

Apparently the fact that there are minorities in movies is triggering now. People make entire videos pointing it out.

If you don’t see their outrage then you’re an idiot foil. Or something.

The flick was fun and decent and suspenseful, as others who have seen it have said.

Or we are pawns, propagandize to make you watch a movie and accept an evil anti white guy agenda ...
__________________
Hey homo, its me -- Andy/SOTB
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 4 January 2019, 07:47
leopardprey's Avatar
leopardprey leopardprey is online now
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 12,480
Sigh.....the propaganda machine infiltrated KidA and took another one. Resistance is futile.

__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 4 January 2019, 09:01
Shadow's Avatar
Shadow Shadow is offline
Problem Solver
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 4,744
I've read articles about the movie by people who were perturbed that there were no African-American women in the film, the two African-American men both sacrificed themselves to save white people, one of those two men was named (Uncle) Tom and he passed up a hot Latina to partner with a white woman and raise her kids, the only Asian character was gay, so forth and so on, blah, blah, blah.

As is usual these days, ignorance knows no bounds, no matter which "side" is spewing it...

I find it deliciously ironic that a flick about people walking around blindfolded, covering their eyes and otherwise limiting their sight causes certain viewers to perceive what they've been self-conditioned to see...
__________________
"If you force me to do violence, I shall be so savage and so cruel, and hurt you so badly that the thought of revenge shall never cross your mind" --Machiavelli

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 4 January 2019, 09:25
Dogwelder Dogwelder is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: CONUS
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
There isn’t any.

Not unless you’re a “woe is me, the poor white male, angry at the world, let me try to invent subtleties that don’t actually exist” type.

Apparently the fact that there are minorities in movies is triggering now. People make entire videos pointing it out.

I really wish I could disagree with you here. But there is such a blatant agenda at work, that once you see the world through their eyes (the progressive left), you cannot help but notice it. It's like the early movies of M Night Shyamalan, once it was obvious that he liked to throw in a massive plot twist in those earlier movies, you stopped paying attention to the earlier parts of the movie and spent the entire time looking and guessing on what and where the plot twist is. And as DD mentioned, it essentially removes your ability to immerse yourself in the story. That isn't racist or insecure, it is just the intelligent part of your brain telling you this isn't what it says it is.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEjkWb2mqdE

The link above is to a HUGE Star Wars nerd, who like many others, is livid with the new set of movies. His youtube channel is basically him piece by piece dissecting the nonsense of the new movies. The guy is not a racist, nor politically motivated (as far as I have seen), just a huge fan who calls out the devolution of female characters and good story telling in the link I provided.


I liked Birdbox...…..I thought it was an upgrade to The Happening.....and overall was better than some of the other stuff out there. The darker parts of me would have immediately smoke checked the fat chick and the psycho she let in as soon as it happened, but to be fair, most of the cast were idiots. I thought the cast was more or less what DD alluded too.....because it is the New Standard in films. Here is another example of that agenda creeping through...…


I have seen the previews for Welcome to Marwen and was at first curious, but then it looked like they were trying too hard to pull at the audiences heart strings with the usual clichés. I then actually looked up what the movie and the real event it is based on was about.


The movie description as from Wikipedia: " follows the true story of Mark Hogancamp, a man struggling with PTSD who, after having his memory erased from being physically assaulted by white supremacists,[6] creates a fictional village to ease his trauma"

The real event that happened: "The reality is that Hogancamp – after serving his time in the Navy – became a drunkard. His wife left him and he would consume up to two liters of alcohol a day. During one visit to a bar, the New York native began drinking with five other German-American fellows, for whom they bonded over Nazi jokes. The men got on well with Hogancamp until he blurted out the one thing that crossed the line for the young men: he liked to cross-dress in women nylons and heels.
The young men hated this fact; waited for him outside the bar and then beat him into a pulp when Hogancamp stepped outside.
They didn’t hate Jews, they hated cross-dresses."


So there you have it.....the movie was changed from the truth (which is weird and unique) to a simple narrative of, "If you do not accept crossdressers (trans)…...you are a Nazi."

I am glad Welcome to Marwen is bombing in the box office.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 4 January 2019, 09:51
CV's Avatar
CV CV is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: US
Posts: 7,780
I saw no propaganda. What a weird, clunky line to draw.

As for the movie, I thought it was terrible. Really boring backdrop of a theme that is never explained by the end.
__________________
It's a hipster filter. Keeps your kind out. -Jimbo
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 4 January 2019, 10:09
Guy's Avatar
Guy Guy is offline
#AllLionsMatter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: CONUS @ the moment
Posts: 13,242
Red face Folks...

It was a movie for entertainment! After reading through this thread you'd think..."It was a documentary that some fucker had foresight into the future collapse of the modern world."

Now, you have stupid motherfuckers walking around blind-folded imitating a movie for entertainment/fiction...

BTW...Fuck pokemon and the fools that chase it into traffic.
__________________
Quote:
Education is acquired through the formal institutions like school, colleges, and universities, whereas knowledge is gained from the real-life experiences.
Quote:
Education is all about gaining theoretical knowledge in the classroom or any institution. Training is a way to develop specific skills, whereas education is a typical system of learning.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:14.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
© SOCNET 1996-2018